Anyone want an ivory stocked shotgun?

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
shotgun.jpg

This one is from a guitarists forum !

the forum is here

There are a few anti's on this forum, with the same old reasons, like I don't trust myself with a gun, and the world would be a better place, etc. These people are more 'artists' than the pen collectors I guess.

Last edited:
I would buy it just for the ivory if its real ivory.
That being said I don't like it.

Its pretty.

Pretty UGLY!

A New England Firearms 12 GA, kick like a mule with non shock absorbing stock.

A fellow approched me late one night in a Souq wanting to sell me a big bag of Ivory (Something about him needing money to get out of the countery or something) So I took out my trusty ZIPPO and lite up his Ivory. Dammed if it wasnt all real. and for only $20!

So If that Ivory gun stock is real. just fire test it and buy it. The gun maybe $60? $70? (I bought my son one brand new when service merchandice closed for $69.)

The Ivory woul be worth some cash to somebody. no me of course as I have no cash but do have a nice chunk of wood to make a stock for that 12 ga.

They make great boat guns. Just leave them in the boat and ya get a beutifal rusty brown patina.

I am a custom knifemaker and that ivory would be worth a fortune if it was real.....IF it was real. I havent seen too many tusks wide enough to make a complete stock out of, though....we'd be talking thousands of dollars for just the raw ivory alone....I would kill to get ahold of it for knife handles since pre-ban elephant ivory is tough to come by!

My guess is that gun is an absurdly high ticket item. Is it full damascus, too? Kinda looks like it but its a tough pic.

I checked out the forum. Looks like there are a few VERY pro-gun people there (at least in the thread you posted).

If anyone can acquire it, let me know. I would kill for hunks of ivory that big for knife handles. I'd most likely cut it up and resell to other makers, though. Ivory is not nearly stable enough for my knife tastes (cracking etc), but my customers love it.

heres how expensive this stuff is in slabs:
eis007a.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom