Apply now -- Arlington might be changing chiefs

If you live in Arlington (a rather green town) and don't have an LTC yet, consider applying ASAP. Chief Fred Ryan is a finalist for Cambridge's police commissioner job.

On the bright side, maybe that means Cambridge will lighten up -- but I doubt it. I imagine heavy pressure will be put on Ryan to keep things the way they are.

I wouldn't be surprised if asking potential candidates their stance/policy on issuing LTCs is part of the interview/hiring process.

As for Arlington, I expect things may get worse (they can't get better, given that the APD is currently practically LTC-A shall-issue and imposes virtually no extra red tape), especially given the recent incident where someone killed himself on an unlicensed range in the basement of a gun shop in town (so "bad" and "guns" are currently in the mind of the selectmen, etc).

I hope he doesn't get the job. Arlington is one of the towns I'm considering moving to this fall.

As for Arlington, I expect things may get worse (they can't get better, given that the APD is currently practically LTC-A shall-issue and imposes virtually no extra red tape), especially given the recent incident where someone killed himself on an unlicensed range in the basement of a gun shop in town (so "bad" and "guns" are currently in the mind of the selectmen, etc).

Heh, I bet I know where this was. I got my MA FID "test" there. It was, literally, a long area in the guys basement.

Back
Top Bottom