Are there any commercial reloaders in NH

I never reloaded my own ammo yet. Certainly I will learn this, however, for the moment, I'd like to try some shooting from my Gew88.
it's not advisable & is a risk to use milsurp ammo in this due to pressure so I'd like to use custom handloads.

The barrel was originally .318, though later many were reamed to .323 so I will be slugging my bore, although other collectors of these gew88s are advising me to make loads using .319 bullets & I should be fine... anyway, I'm not able to make my own yet due to lack of knowledge, tools & equipment so thought maybe there's a company, place or person that can do it for me.

I'm thinking of a low grain bullet & somewhere from 75 to 100 grains of powder so the loads are light & low pressure.

75 to 100 grs of powder is not alight load and will not even fit into a 8mm case. I believe that Hornady may be loading a .318 bullet in one of their 8mm loads. Also there are places like Gads Custom Cartridge that can probably load up a couple of boxes for you.

75 to 100 grs of powder is not alight load and will not even fit into a 8mm case. I believe that Hornady may be loading a .318 bullet in one of their 8mm loads. Also there are places like Gads Custom Cartridge that can probably load up a couple of boxes for you.

Huh? What do you mean 75 to 100 gr won't fit? Remington's 8mm is 200gr.. If I load using 100gr, it's half the load. Lowest commercial load I'm finding is 170gr but I'd like to use something lower in this old gew.

I'll check out Gads.. Thanks for the info

I never reloaded my own ammo yet. Certainly I will learn this, however, for the moment, I'd like to try some shooting from my Gew88.
it's not advisable & is a risk to use milsurp ammo in this due to pressure so I'd like to use custom handloads.

The barrel was originally .318, though later many were reamed to .323 so I will be slugging my bore, although other collectors of these gew88s are advising me to make loads using .319 bullets & I should be fine... anyway, I'm not able to make my own yet due to lack of knowledge, tools & equipment so thought maybe there's a company, place or person that can do it for me.

I'm thinking of a low grain bullet & somewhere from 75 to 100 grains of powder so the loads are light & low pressure.

If this is the same round used in the STG 44, ammo is available from an outfit out west. They get $1 per round. This might sound expensive, but the brass must be cut down from another cartridge and fire formed.

Back
Top Bottom