Armed Patrol Groups

As McConnely pointed out - the timber is being prevented from being cut by the Feds. The Feds are doing this because special interest groups use the Feds as a very large hammer to protect endangered wildlife.

it's something like 70% of the land there is owned by fed .gov which means you got a really finicky land owner. It's no different than your neigboor with lots of land suddenly going moonbat and posting his land no hunting zone. People who depend to feed their family will get an autoshaft.

If we are talking about private land where .gov tells the owner what to do with it (at gun point, of course, as usual) than it's different matter. In US, a much higher percentage of land is owned by .gov Some of it is for "protection/conservation" which means all kinds of things to different people. The bottom line is, dirty hippies who are citizens have as much say in its use as other people. This includes mining too. Widespread private ownership is a double-edged sword. In the former Soviet Union, most of land was public. I won't lie, that part was ****ing great. You can walk around the country, camp and access beaches without tall fences or "private property signs". Most people were responsible to use it like it really belonged to them with the usual small percentage of *******s present in any country. The bottom line is, .gov land is there to limit it's use and to preserve it as is, that was the reason for national parks and why a lot of land was not privatized. (I may be wrong about purpose those, shit I did go to public school afterall)

Robbing money from the roads fund is just a recipe for disaster - and for implementing what we have here in MA - where the politicians constantly cry for higher taxes because there's never enough money in any fund for anything.

The roads fund should stand separately and not be subject to looting if some other area of the government cannot fund itself. Sooner or later there's going to be a bridge out or a washed away highway or a road that needs resurfacing - and the "excess" funds will get used.

Bullshit - you are arguing that one should not raid their vacation fund when one is about to lose their house to foreclosure. The government has misused the "dedicated" funds every time when they felt like spending more - they cannot hide behind a label put on reserve funds when the money is truly needed. And I'd say that even if the county government handled their budget in a responsible fashion... which is quite clearly not the case here.

And by the way, what is "another area of the government"? You under the delusion that the government allows part of itself to function autonomously when push comes to shove?

I do not care what any one says, if the money is not there its not there, you can rase the taxes all you want, but as we all know every time it gose up, it never comes down, and the problem that caused the need for the tax hike never gets fixed

Also with more taxes and still no jobs, people leave and then there still loss of tax revenue, and then the gov will ask for another tax hike, and so on and so on..........

To stand and say, we will take care of our selfs, is not a bad thing, its one solution to a economical problem that deserves a chance, is not like this is there prefered method of crime prevention,

its just the times call for a economical solution that dose not involve draining the pockets of the residence, and if this works well enough, it could save the area alot untill it can get the jobs people need out there Without driving more people out

This whole corner of the world is some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen.

And the people, while representing a high percentage of 'nutty as a fruit cake', are some of the friendliest, most down to earth people I've ever met. People pull over and offer rides to people walking home with groceries in the rain. When someone breaks down by the side of the road, people stop and try to help them fix it, and give them a lift if they can't. After successful hunts, they share deer and elk meat with their neighbors that weren't as fortunate. Liberals and conservatives disagree and still get along just fine and respect each other. I honestly don't think I could ever move back to eastern MA after living here.

soldier, police, dhs, citizen, civilian, agent, whatever you want to call yourself, when you step on my rights you are enemy target

Exactly. What we're looking at here is actually a very fundamental thing that got changed and was done on purpose to bury the heart of the republic this country used to be. Once power shifts to the govt. - they don't want to give it up.

How true. As the government unilaterally grants itself more and more power over its citizens, it becomes its own creature and will act to protect itself. Our republic will only last as long as its elected leaders believe that they are temporary participants in our government and not members of an elite class.

Crime, mostly car thefts and home burglaries, has spiked in Harbor over the past few months, and it’s only going to get worse, said Curry County Sheriff Lt. John Ward.

Most likely related to the decision to release most jail inmates in order to teach the unruly subject a lesson...

In one incident, a man saw someone he didn’t recognize on his neighbor’s property and called to alert them. He then heard noises on his own property and scared away the person — who in his flight, left behind items he’d stolen from the neighbor’s house.

By the time a deputy could get to the house, the perpetrator was long gone, Ward said.

As always in remote areas, crime is stopped by regular citizens and a nice report is filed (and maybe an investigation launched) by the sheriff department.

images

images

How far we've come.[sad2]

http://www.currypilot.com/News/Local-News/Crime-spree-prompts-volunteer-patrols

Some interesting stuff in the latest article. The formatting is all jacked up, so it will hurt your brain to read it, but it really is worth the read. I'm fairly sure that was a technical glitch or something - the reporter that wrote it can actually write and is one of the rare 'decent person' newspaper reporters.

There's a quote in there from one person promoting more taxes - feel free to say horrible things about her.

http://www.currypilot.com/News/Local-News/Crime-spree-prompts-volunteer-patrols

Some interesting stuff in the latest article. The formatting is all jacked up, so it will hurt your brain to read it, but it really is worth the read. I'm fairly sure that was a technical glitch or something - the reporter that wrote it can actually write and is one of the rare 'decent person' newspaper reporters.

There's a quote in there from one person promoting more taxes - feel free to say horrible things about her.

That's pretty hard on the eyes.

I made it half way though. [hmmm]

That aside, people should take care of themselves and their neighbors in that kind of situation.

Back
Top Bottom