Army Given Gun Confiscation Questionnaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile

NES Member
On Wednesday’s broadcast of The Alex Jones Show, multiple Virginia police officers called into the program to discuss the battle for the Second Amendment brewing in the state, and an Army veteran tells how he received a questionnaire while serving that asked if U.S. soldiers would take guns from citizens.

In the following clip, a military veteran calls The Alex Jones Show to share his story about being questioned by the military about whether or not he’d comply with an order to confiscate guns from American citizens.

I'm not listening to it, but here's the thing: it's illegal for the Army to enforce laws against civilians. Even if it wasn't, it's institutionally repugnant. So whatever "questionnaire" this was (and many, many vets exaggerate things that happened while they're in service, usually to prove a point), it's moot.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen. I'm saying it won't. The .gov has many other ways to try to seize guns without risking a high-profile mutiny.

For the sake of discussion; When one lives off base or at least is an active member in the community one best be mindful that citizens you confiscate guns from will know where your family live and your children go to school. You really gonna go kick in doors in where you and your family live?

For the sake of discussion; When one lives off base or at least is an active member in the community one best be mindful that citizens you confiscate guns from will know where your family live and your children go to school. You really gonna go kick in doors in where you and your family live?

Cops would...

Will the police? Did they in New Orleans for Katrina?

This. Govt ninjas aren't the only people who can kick doors.

Lets not dismiss the fact that confiscation was and still may be SOP for our troops overseas.......they would confiscate firearms from iraqi and afghani homes regularly......normal run of the mill family homes would have US troops go thru threir homes and shit would get confiscated.

One would hope that they would view americans differently and their oath to the constitution should there ever come to pass a situation where a shitbag president would order something along these lines.

Cops would...
yes, some would. In New Orleans many police were brought in from out of the city, and some from out of state. When there's 97% of the state resisting those who choose unconstitutional actions might face reprisals. Understand I'm not encouraging this, just discussing. I'm disabled and in a wheelchair. Revolution is for the younger ones, not me.

yes, some would. In New Orleans many police were brought in from out of the city, and some from out of state. When there's 97% of the state resisting those who choose unconstitutional actions might face reprisals. Understand I'm not encouraging this, just discussing. I'm disabled and in a wheelchair. Revolution is for the younger ones, not me.

Not for nothing, but NES is packed with threads about exactly this.

My feeling is that if you weigh the average American cop's feelings about the BoR against his pension and the continued wellbeing of his family, 99% of them would grab all our guns without so much as a second thought.

The 1% would go to jail, where they'd watch as their co-workers went ahead and blithely did the job they'd refused to do. But hey, at least they would have the courage of their convictions to keep them warm while their family starved.

it's illegal for the Army to enforce laws against civilians.

Posse Comitatus Act & Insurrection Act of 1807...

(Suspended 2006-2007, Reinstated 2008) Post-Katrina...
Section 1076 is titled "Use of the Armed Forces in major public emergencies." It provided that:

The President may employ the armed forces ... to ... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition ... the President determines that ... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order ... or [to] suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such ... a condition ... so hinders the execution of the laws ... that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law ... or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws

(2011, Obama Modification) Still in effect...
A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

Last edited:
Your assuming that the Soldiers would be on this "mission" near the base they as re stationed on. There are so few bases on the us that's not generally going to be the case if this happens.....which it won't anyway so moot point.

Nonsense, we'll get you a DShK or a Ma Deuce on a vehicle mount. Everyone has a right to have fun during a revolution.

kurdish-dshk-12-7mm.jpg

uh-1y_gau-21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When a gun is taken from a prohibited person, it's still gun confiscation. It won't start with no-knock entry to confiscate guns from your average Joe/Jane Citizen - that gets poor buy-in from the troops and bad press. It would probably start with confiscating guns from those population segments that law enforcement/military might find acceptable. Violent felons on parole/probation, for instance. Gradually going down the list to where most LEO/military groups just deprioritize action on a local level. Of course, then your're "protected" and owe something to somebody for the privilege of keeping your guns.

Hitler's Nazi regime identified, isolated and ostracized a segment of the population before violent gun seize was carried out on Kristallnacht with little public outcry. There will be no march of British Regulars on Lexington/Concord to rally the citizenry. If they "stop & frisk" young black males, raid gang cribs, etc., there might actually be a statistical decrease in violent crime to justify measures to the sheeple.

Trump is Commander and Chief of the Military. I am 100% sure he will tell the National Guard to stand down. He does not control the State Police....these are the jackbooted thugs you have to worry about.

Lets not dismiss the fact that confiscation was and still may be SOP for our troops overseas.......they would confiscate firearms from iraqi and afghani homes regularly......normal run of the mill family homes would have US troops go thru threir homes and shit would get confiscated.

One would hope that they would view americans differently and their oath to the constitution should there ever come to pass a situation where a shitbag president would order something along these lines.
I hate to say this, but the thousands of “order following” privates would definitely confiscate firearms. They don’t know any better, they are just following orders. They are 18-20 years old and most don’t know how the real world functions, trust me...I was there once. They will be told the people they are going after are home grown terrorists and criminals etc etc....I hope it never comes to that.

Trump is Commander and Chief of the Military. I am 100% sure he will tell the National Guard to stand down. He does not control the State Police....these are the jackbooted thugs you have to worry about.
Not technically correct. The commander in chief needs to request national guard mobilization from the governor of the state. The governor can technically refuse a request from the president. It almost never happens that a governor will refuse a request from the federal level......but these are "trying times".

However ....It actually has happened.......the mobilizations to the Mexico border a few years back.....9 governors refused the request from the president to mobilize troops for that mission.

A national guard Soldier enlistment oath includes allegiance to the governor of the state. The oath taken is actually different from an active duty enlistment oath.

The full detail is there are two ways to mobilize national guard. Title 32 and title 10. Title 32 would be a request to activate national guard for domestic missions.....this is the order that a governor can refuse. Title 10 is a federalization of national guard for deployment and control of those troops goes to the active army. Title 10 is what is used to deploy national guard to missions overseas (Iraq and Afghanistan for example). Here is the catch......title 10 cannot be used for law enforcement domestically due to federal law called posse comitatus act.

"The Posse Comitatus Act prohibits military participation in civilian law enforcement activities. Title 32 provides an exception to that rule, but Title 10 does not."

So....the only way to have national guard in a law enforcement role is title 32.....which a governor can refuse to activate national guard for. Title 10......the national guard could not be used for law enforcement.

So.....if a governor is using troops to confiscate in a law enforcement role the president would have to order the the guard to title 10 to have them under his control......but of they are already acting under the governor's orders I don't think there is anything the president can do to stop it. Id have to research it more.

Last edited:
Then we use the same tactics that the Colombian and Mexican drug lords use: target their families. The good news? Jackboot pig has his pension. The bad news? He/she no longer has a family to share it with.

I question how many people would have the ability to kill a soldier's family. I certainly couldn't do it, and I don't think any of my friends could, either - if they were the kind of person that could, I wouldn't be friends with them. I can think of better solutions than this. This is abhorrent.

Your assuming that the Soldiers would be on this "mission" near the base they as re stationed on. There are so few bases on the us that's not generally going to be the case if this happens.....which it won't anyway so moot point.
Army? Correct. Nat'l Guard? They'll be relatively close by.

I question how many people would have the ability to kill a soldier's family. I certainly couldn't do it, and I don't think any of my friends could, either - if they were the kind of person that could, I wouldn't be friends with them. I can think of better solutions than this. This is abhorrent.

Army? Correct. Nat'l Guard? They'll be relatively close by.
Read post 24 on use of national guard.

Read post 24 on use of national guard.

Yet the governor is muttering about calling them up for this weekend for the rally. I wonder if he'll try and ignore the law and demand they activate anyway - he doesn't sound like a man who lets a silly thing like laws stop him when demanding what he wants.

I'm not listening to it, but here's the thing: it's illegal for the Army to enforce laws against civilians. Even if it wasn't, it's institutionally repugnant. So whatever "questionnaire" this was (and many, many vets exaggerate things that happened while they're in service, usually to prove a point), it's moot.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen. I'm saying it won't. The .gov has many other ways to try to seize guns without risking a high-profile mutiny.
Military officers swear their oath to the Constitution, not CIC.

Among my friends (from LT’s to retired Colonels to 3 stars) this would likely be treated as an “Illegal Order.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom