• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ARRL New England Convention

I was there Saturday, and I even had my Glock Perfection polo on. Got a couple of thumbs-up, but no NES secret handshakes.

lol on the handshake. I didn't see any glock shirts. I was buried in the class most of the day. Next time they have one of these events I would like to go and see what they have....

Congrats to all who got their ticket. I brought a friend there and he passed his tech exam. I wore a GOAL hat all day--some stares but no secret handshake. I don't think anyone knew what is was except for a few people from my club who already know I am an instructor and shooter.

So as I said I took the tech exam and wanted to buy the books for the general and the extra exams. I tried getting these from amazon but they didn't have the paperback general so I didn't get them there. I went to the ARRL website and ordered them there. I paid for the postage or fedex to have them here in 2 to 3 days.. I ordered them yesterday on 9/16/16. They confirmed they received the order at 1:03pm. I received a shipping e-mail with tracking number at 2:15pm. I walked out my door this morning at 8:30. The books were on my doorstep. Are you kidding me? Who delivers anything in less than 24 hours on a weekend day when I only selected the the 2 to 3 day shipping cost? These people are great!!!! Anymore books I get I am ordering from them.

They say good generals study tactics, but great generals study logistics. I hope they are studying FedEx and companies like Amazon. There's an electronics parts company called Digikey located in MN. At 7:30pm I can order parts from them shipped FedEx and have the parts in my hands 16 hours later. Amazing!

So as I said I took the tech exam and wanted to buy the books for the general and the extra exams. I tried getting these from amazon but they didn't have the paperback general so I didn't get them there. I went to the ARRL website and ordered them there. I paid for the postage or fedex to have them here in 2 to 3 days.. I ordered them yesterday on 9/16/16. They confirmed they received the order at 1:03pm. I received a shipping e-mail with tracking number at 2:15pm. I walked out my door this morning at 8:30. The books were on my doorstep. Are you kidding me? Who delivers anything in less than 24 hours on a weekend day when I only selected the the 2 to 3 day shipping cost? These people are great!!!! Anymore books I get I am ordering from them.

Considering that the ARRL HQ is in CT, this isn't as surprising as you'd think. Good luck on the studying!

Considering that the ARRL HQ is in CT, this isn't as surprising as you'd think. Good luck on the studying!

Pleasantly surprised to get them that quickly....amazon sells books and they ship them to the post office for them to deliver so that usually takes and extra day. Even so, this was a nice surprise.

Thanks, I'll need the luck. I was nervous about the tech exam....so my nervousness levels will increase with each additional test I take. lol

Back
Top Bottom