• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New scanner.

I picked up the SDS100 a year ago, and wishing I got the SDS200 instead for a variety of reasons.

Scanner question:
Will an older scanner, like 10 or 15 years old, pick up anything, or has technology changed enough that it's useless?
Still useful, but it depends on what you're trying to listen to.

For me the local agencies that I wanted to monitor transitioned to P25 (digital) from analog so I needed something capable of digital.

Also the SDS scanners support DMR (for a fee) so that was also somewhat appealing since I wanted to monitor DMR repeaters in my area to see if it would be worth investing in a DMR capable transceiver.

Still useful, but it depends on what you're trying to listen to.

For me the local agencies that I wanted to monitor transitioned to P25 (digital) from analog so I needed something capable of digital.

Also the SDS scanners support DMR (for a fee) so that was also somewhat appealing since I wanted to monitor DMR repeaters in my area to see if it would be worth investing in a DMR capable transceiver.
Ok, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom