As Societal Decay Continues, MA Police Use Military Tactics to Keep Streets Safe

NHCraigT

NES Member
Green Beret's military tactics keep streets safe at home

Local law enforcement meets counter-insurgency tactics

Springfield, MA

LINK: Green Beret's military tactics keep streets safe at home | Fox News Video

Aren't the Green Baret's missions all about sending a small force into enemy land with the goal to create a civil war/revolution and at the very least bolster their own numbers by recruiting locals and training them in secret?

Did anyone watch the video?

They are making friends with the locals so that they will be more likely to report crimes. They just happen to be using a scary name: "Green Beret Counter Insurgency".

Cops used to do this in the old days, at least where I grew up. They treated us well, as they should, and we would basically keep our neighborhood clean. If we knew someone was breaking into homes or cars, or committing other crimes, we'd let the local beat cop know who, when and where. They knew us, our parents and our families, we knew theirs, our neighborhoods were safe and we didn't get hassled for being teenagers hanging out. Things changed when the "new" cops started acting like bullies, hassling us for nothing and generally treating us like shit. They lost their greatest asset and made it an us vs. them scenario. The town went downhill and is plagued by hard drugs, violence, gangs and a bad school system. I left twenty years ago but visit family there still. It's very sad to see what it has become, basically a mini Springfield, it used to be a thriving middle class town and was a great place to grow up.

Did anyone watch the video?

They are making friends with the locals so that they will be more likely to report crimes. They just happen to be using a scary name: "Green Beret Counter Insurgency".
but MA is the Boogie Man for recent NH immigrants, so alarm!

Perhaps we should focus on what the approach is rather than where it came from.

Just because it originated in the military doesn't make it per se inappropriate for civilian law enforcement use. Asserting the opposite without further analysis is being intentionally ignorant in order to complain about the militarization if LE.

The way I see it is there is proof a lot of organized gangs learn from military training in urban combat, hence when you join the military they check for gang affiliation. So with that proof out there the only way to counter that would be training past a normal LEO's training and step up tactic's.

Boston did this decades ago..."community policing"...trying to get the working class to call 911 w/o getting dimed out. I'm surprised at Springfiels, the 12th most violent city in the US. Holyoke must be the 10th..

Reporter made it worth watching..[rofl]

Boy, Foxnews was fawning all over this. They just LOVE the militarization of our cities.

Back
Top Bottom