At least the dog will survive

Went to get her dog food and the rep for the food she eats was there (Biljack). He gave me as many $5 off coupons as I need, so I got her one years worth. She's all set, now for the two legged critters in the house.

Went to get her dog food and the rep for the food she eats was there (Biljack). He gave me as many $5 off coupons as I need, so I got her one years worth. She's all set, now for the two legged critters in the house.

That's what we feed our mutts as well. Nice score on the coupons!!! Biljack has to stay frozen except for what you'll use in a week. So, what happens if you lose power for an extended period and have to use up all that food???

That's what we feed our mutts as well. Nice score on the coupons!!! Biljack has to stay frozen except for what you'll use in a week. So, what happens if you lose power for an extended period and have to use up all that food???

The guy at the store said that it lasts a year. And all of the bags were stacked in the regular section. We buy the 35 pounders at a time, distribute it to two large airtight bins and then dole it out. We NEVER freeze it.

I know a few kennels that feed BilJac & they never freeze it. If you store it in bins & keep it cool & dry, it should be fine.

Did the same with dog food this weekend.
Stocked up and put it in plastic bag lined 5 gallon pails with oxygen eater packs and a sealed lid.
I dont think this chow hound of mine would refuse it, even if it was stale.
Anything that will drink out of foul puddles and eat dead toads, smashed turtles, rotten shore birds and sun dried road kill rabbit isnt going to refuse stale dog food if it is hungry enough.[laugh]

Did the same with dog food this weekend.
Stocked up and put it in plastic bag lined 5 gallon pails with oxygen eater packs and a sealed lid.
I dont think this chow hound of mine would refuse it, even if it was stale.
Anything that will drink out of foul puddles and eat dead toads, smashed turtles, rotten shore birds and sun dried road kill rabbit isnt going to refuse stale dog food if it is hungry enough.[laugh]

+1 I share your pain! My bitch eats 6 cups dry & 1 can per day aswell as various garbage & vermin she scavenges
The mailman might be considered a delicassy when canine food spoils.
(only WSHTF ofcourse)

craigsitems004.jpg

craigsitems007.jpg

Last edited:
holy crap-- what kind of dog do you have? my biggest dog eats only 3 cups a day!!

She is a 4yr old gentile mutt,& tips the scales @ a lean 130lbs.(all muscule)
Specifically half Neopolitan(Italian) Mastiff & half Akita.
Her daddy is a 125lb Akita (rescue dog) Her mother is a 95lb. Neo.

Back
Top Bottom