Hot dog rolls

peterk123

NES Member
Given the price of bread I figured it would be appropriate to post this here. I mean hey, it's hotdogs and hamburger season.
And in order to survive the summer and not go broke, we gotta make our own rolls and buns.

I haven't bought regular everyday bread since this covid crap started. Been making it myself. Last week I was behind the eightballl so my wife picked up four "fresh" buns at the store. Four bucks! I was like WTF!

Well tomorrow we plan to grill brawts and dogs so I decided to try my version of a roll. Total success. Used my usual basic bread recipe, but used milk instead of water, added an egg and some butter. Super light and fluffy and none of the 1,000 preservatives that the store bought crap has. Will use the sane recipe for burger buns.

20230618_101729.jpg

Given the price of bread I figured it would be appropriate to post this here. I mean hey, it's hotdogs and hamburger season.
And in order to survive the summer and not go broke, we gotta make our own rolls and buns.

I haven't bought regular everyday bread since this covid crap started. Been making it myself. Last week I was behind the eightballl so my wife picked up four "fresh" buns at the store. Four bucks! I was like WTF!

Well tomorrow we plan to grill brawts and dogs so I decided to try my version of a roll. Total success. Used my usual basic bread recipe, but used milk instead of water, added an egg and some butter. Super light and fluffy and none of the 1,000 preservatives that the store bought crap has. Will use the sane recipe for burger buns.

View attachment 764997
Awesome. Recipe?

Awesome. Recipe?
2 3/4 cup bread flour
1 cup warm milk
One egg
2 tsp yeast
Couple pinches salt
3 tablespoons melted butter

Mix it up and let rise to double size. Gently knock it down. I cut it into 8 equal parts but I think you could do ten for just hotdogs. Shape them into a cigar sized roll then gently flatten them a bit. Let it rise for 45 minutes than or so then brush an egg wash on top. Then into the oven at 400 degrees for 15 to minutes. I did 17 minutes.

2 3/4 cup bread flour
1 cup warm milk
One egg
2 tsp yeast
Couple pinches salt
3 tablespoons melted butter

Mix it up and let rise to double size. Gently knock it down. I cut it into 8 equal parts but I think you could do ten for just hotdogs. Shape them into a cigar sized roll then gently flatten them a bit. Let it rise for 45 minutes than or so then brush an egg wash on top. Then into the oven at 400 degrees for 15 to minutes. I did 17 minutes.
Those look great! I can’t vouch for this recipe but I sub to this guys channel and have made some other recipes of his. Yours look better though…

Back
Top Bottom