• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF at the behest of the White House attempt to ban all private firearm transactions

Is it my eyes or is Wiki also claiming that there are only 1 million registered guns?

Something seems off.

Frank
Yeah, it sure seems like evidence for the brainless crowd to use in gun debate arguments with regards to “ghost guns”

Is it my eyes or is Wiki also claiming that there are only 1 million registered guns?
Something seems off.
Yeah, it sure seems like evidence for the brainless crowd to use in gun debate arguments with regards to “ghost guns”
That number is sus, though with only 6 states (plus W.DC) having their own "firearms registration", it's probably only off by an order of magnitude.

OTOH, BATFE reports something north of 3.6 million registered NFA "firearms" (including ~2.7M suppressors and ~741K machine guns).

What they're doing, is using every bit of administrative power to make gun ownership as unpleasant and inconvenient as possible. While an outright ban cannot survive legal challenges, they make it difficult for you to buy, sell, trade and practice. Look at the great length this poor Aussie fellow has gone through to keep his guns and practice shooting, including building an underground private range, and still he got busted. Shame on the news reporters that while they couldn't assail the gunowner's character, so they went on on a rant about 'what if his guns get stolen by the bad guys'...

View: https://twitter.com/HumansNoContext/status/1749779352336658686?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1749779352336658686%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

What they're doing, is using every bit of administrative power to make gun ownership as unpleasant and inconvenient as possible. While an outright ban cannot survive legal challenges, they make it difficult for you to buy, sell, trade and practice. Look at the great length this poor Aussie fellow has gone through to keep his guns and practice shooting, including building an underground private range, and still he got busted. Interesting the news report couldn't assail his character, so they went on on a rant about 'what if his guns get stolen by the bad guys'...

View: https://twitter.com/HumansNoContext/status/1749779352336658686?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1749779352336658686%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

And yet not one of them committed a single atrocity down there

I’d imagine someone dropped a dime on him

Unfortunately the Supreme Court has no enforcement powers.

They can "rule" or come to a "decision" all they want; no one is mandated to carry them out.

The Supreme Court relies on the Executive and Legislative branches to carry out its rulings, but when the rule affects those branches - good luck getting anything to happen.

I think the failure to uphold laws and judicial rulings is a type of treason...

There's nowhere near enough people willing to die attempting to disarm their neighbors to confiscate any amount of guns in this country. The first few bodies that drop would put a fast end to this scheme.
Judging from how easy it was for them to terrify 99.5% of the U.S. population into compliance during the Covid scamdemic, I'm not so sure.

More like <10%. They just used social and legacy media to amplify the message.
4 years later and NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON has been held accountable for the Covid tyranny that has been responsible for the death, crippling, destruction and disruption of, really, the entire human race at on level or another. Think about that....

I could be wrong, but such an order would not even get to the Chevron Deference defense. It would be unconstitutional as the authority for such a rule would have to have originally come from congress. Congress does not have the power to regulate non-interstate trade.

Ever wonder why you have to go through a FFL when you sell across borders but don't when you sell within the state? Put simply, when the Brady bill was being written congress still understood what its limitations were. They knew that attempting to force all sales through federal control wouldn't hold up. Sell across state lines and it is interstate commerce, an action congress was give explicit control over. If the sale never crosses state lines, congress has no authority.

Yes, there are some ways such an expansion could be argued but with US Supreme Court rulings as recent as the Affordable Care Act, the courts have indicated that trying to bend the commerce clause to be overly broad won't be tolerated. If you add in the long look the courts are having at Chevron Deference abuses, this wouldn't last long at all.

I could be wrong, but such an order would not even get to the Chevron Deference defense. It would be unconstitutional as the authority for such a rule would have to have originally come from congress. Congress does not have the power to regulate non-interstate trade.

Congress did pass an, infuriatingly, bipartisan bill a couple years ago or so that redefined what it meant to be “in the business” or selling firearms. It really broadened it and this is what the ATF would base their rule around if they are making a new rule.

And sadly, Congress regulates a metric shit ton of intrastate trade. The courts continue to allow it. The commerce clause is massively abused and the courts don’t care. There have also been people charged with federal gun crimes in states that passed laws saying that certain federal gun laws did not apply to guns/silencers made and kept in state. Their cases, to the best of my knowledge, have not been successfully appealed on the grounds you say.

ATF said “f*** your intrastate trade” and did what they always do. The courts didn’t care.

No problem - no permits needed for a tire, gasoline, and a match.

pre-fire-og.jpg
You go girl!

This one's easy. They aren't going to let Trump take a seat. Biden will be 2nd term and they'll skip 2028 entirely, so they'll pass the Australian Buy Back Bill. They'll outlaw private sales so when they show up to take stuff by force you can't use the "but I sold it to billy-bob" excuse. I'll be "produce the gun, or we shoot you dead in front of your wife and kids".
That'll work once or twice. Then, well, I'm glad I retired before they tried to tell me to do such a thing.

I think the dummy filled with tannerite becomes a legitimate option.

Ever wonder why you have to go through a FFL when you sell across borders but don't when you sell within the state? Put simply, when the Brady bill was being written congress still understood what its limitations were. They knew that attempting to force all sales through federal control wouldn't hold up. Sell across state lines and it is interstate commerce, an action congress was give explicit control over. If the sale never crosses state lines, congress has no authority.

Yes, there are some ways such an expansion could be argued but with US Supreme Court rulings as recent as the Affordable Care Act, the courts have indicated that trying to bend the commerce clause to be overly broad won't be tolerated. If you add in the long look the courts are having at Chevron Deference abuses, this wouldn't last long at all.
Unfortunately I don't think this has ever applied "because guns".

Hey SCOTUS, you‘re free to abolish Chevron deference any time now.
Would this apply under chevron though?

This seems like its right up the atf's charter

Now obviously I'm not saying its constitutional and if anything it seems like it could wipe the interstate commerce act out as far as guns and even (boner pending) kick that back to the states entirely

Not sure how the atf honestly has any constitutional grounds to have included firearms or explosves

I guess i can see them being an arm of treasury on taxing alcohol...

This one's easy. They aren't going to let Trump take a seat. Biden will be 2nd term and they'll skip 2028 entirely, so they'll pass the Australian Buy Back Bill. They'll outlaw private sales so when they show up to take stuff by force you can't use the "but I sold it to billy-bob" excuse. I'll be "produce the gun, or we shoot you dead in front of your wife and kids".

Don’t they have to also ban boating?

Ain’t gonna work in the heart of this country like that….
Australia is a prison island full of ex penal colonies
They are a nation built on whipped dogs from the start
Amazing how all these libs follow the Obama cry of "if Australia can do it why cant the US" and then ignore the fact that Australians have no bill of rights in their constitution and the ONLY rights afforded them by their constitution are :

1. The state or commonwealth shall not impose any religion on them
2. The state shall not subject them to any "disability or discrimination" UNLESS it is a commonwealth wide law that impacts everybody equally.
3. The commonwealth will protect them from invasion

(Constitution of the Commonwealth of Australia Chapter V)

I highly recommend that all liberals whining for US citizens to follow the laws of the commonwealth of Australia be forced to watch the NETFLIX Documentary "ONEFOUR :Against All Odds" and watch heavily tattooed (and ARMED) white police officers smashing down doors of people of color and dragging them off to jail for the offense of "voicing views detrimental to the government" in their music videos. (Yes you will see the Police Commissioner explaining that this is legal).

Back
Top Bottom