ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

I got rejected on an SBR form recently:

1) Did not include MA LTC - requirement not mentioned (at least not that I saw)
2) CLEO city/state did not match one trust member; they paid no attention to the second CLEO address provided. Sorry buddy, you getting booted from the trust.

In the old days they corresponded with you to fix such defects; now the refund your $200 and send you to square 1.
Fix and resend. eForm1s have been pretty quick (atleast until the pistol brace bullshit these last two days anyway).

Fix and resend. eForm1s have been pretty quick (atleast until the pistol brace bullshit these last two days anyway).
Agreed. I did not get an email response - I need to find out if the ATF allows trustees from multiple states. I also know it's hopeless to even try to have the ATF transfer the original prints for the old application to the new app. Going to spin the wheel of fortune - hope it lands on "Yes, the local PD will be glad to scan your prints into EFT files" and not "Just get another set".

Agreed. I did not get an email response - I need to find out if the ATF allows trustees from multiple states. I also know it's hopeless to even try to have the ATF transfer the original prints for the old application to the new app. Going to spin the wheel of fortune - hope it lands on "Yes, the local PD will be glad to scan your prints into EFT files" and not "Just get another set".
Printscan appt for your EFT prints. They send you to a nearby UPS store (of your choice) that partners with them, do them yourself, and they email you the file. Or go see Crackpot at the Mill. Then you get prints once and can use them over and over again, plus cuts down on delay from having to mail them with a cover sheet.

Last edited:
The trust has an address and is the legal owner of the gun. I would think that is the address to use. Trustees can come and go, but the trust is forever, well at least until the trustees dissolve it.

The trust has an address and is the legal owner of the gun. I would think that is the address to use. Trustees can come and go, but the trust is forever, well at least until the trustees dissolve it.
The address for the each Responsible Person on the trust determined which local LE agency "own" them and must be notified. The examiner only looked at the one CLEO address on the form, not the one on the supplemental letter I enclosed.

The address for the each Responsible Person on the trust determined which local LE agency "own" them and must be notified. The examiner only looked at the one CLEO address on the form, not the one on the supplemental letter I enclosed.
I think you got screwed by the examiner

I think you got screwed by the examiner
The MA LTC is required to prove you can leagally own.

The "out of state trustee" is in RI, an NFA ban state. So I suspect even the declaration that trustee will not possess in RI would not make the cut. The trustee's father is pissed I'm removing his kid.

The "out of state trustee" is in RI, an NFA ban state. So I suspect even the declaration that trustee will not possess in RI would not make the cut. The trustee's father is pissed I'm removing his kid.
I was only referring to the address issue. The LTC not being submitted, ya that's on you. Sometimes shit happens.

Tell his kid to move out of a non-NFA state then.

Hi All:

I completing an eform 1 so that can purchase and mount my Glock 22 in a RecoverTactical AR clam shell Platform. The P-IX+

For the line item. I entered the info for the actual glock pistol with its serial number. Is that correct?

Do I need to send a pic of the Glock serial number itslef?

I understand I need to upload prints and an image of my LTC

What am I missing? or doing incorrectly?

Hi All:

I completing an eform 1 so that can purchase and mount my Glock 22 in a RecoverTactical AR clam shell Platform. The P-IX+

For the line item. I entered the info for the actual glock pistol with its serial number. Is that correct?

Do I need to send a pic of the Glock serial number itslef?

I understand I need to upload prints and an image of my LTC

What am I missing? or doing incorrectly?
1) Correct, you enter the Glock model name exactly as its on the pistol, don't trust the drop down list and serial number.
2) A pic of the side of the pistol with the serial number and model is optional, it can't hurt to send the pic.
3) You upload prints if you are using an EFT file and not cards, from what I've seen in this forum a Mass residents must upload an LTC

Thats it, I think you got it.

1) Correct, you enter the Glock model name exactly as its on the pistol, don't trust the drop down list and serial number.
2) A pic of the side of the pistol with the serial number and model is optional, it can't hurt to send the pic.
3) You upload prints if you are using an EFT file and not cards, from what I've seen in this forum a Mass residents must upload an LTC

Thats it, I think you got it.
Thank you

So I made an appointment last week and got my prints taken at print scan at the ups store in east Boston. The email they sent back said that as soon as I download the link it will expire in 24 hours and to download it to a computer. So If I download the eft file to my laptop would that mean I now only have 24 hours to send it to the atf on my form1? Or once it’s downloaded on my computer I have an infinite amount of time to finish up the form 1? Also where in the form 1 would I upload a photo of my ltc?

So I made an appointment last week and got my prints taken at print scan at the ups store in east Boston. The email they sent back said that as soon as I download the link it will expire in 24 hours and to download it to a computer. So If I download the eft file to my laptop would that mean I now only have 24 hours to send it to the atf on my form1? Or once it’s downloaded on my computer I have an infinite amount of time to finish up the form 1? Also where in the form 1 would I upload a photo of my ltc?
You have and own the EFT file now that you have downloaded it. This is not like "owning" a paid movie on Netflix or Amazon where your account must be active to access what you "own".

I’m not from Mass but I’ve done enough eForm 1s that is has to be the step called additional supporting documentation. There you can upload any document. It’s right after the step where you enter the model and specs and before certify.

The new eform1 process allows you to upload your UPIN (if you have one) in the questionnaire, and when completing your profile with all your PII (personally identifiable information) there is a fingerprints line/field where you can import your prints eft file (which it will confirm). Once you have your eft file, you can use it over and over again. I have mine saved on my computer in my file with all my ATF folders.

Thank you everyone. So looks like I’ll get the ball going again tonight. As far as a digital photo I just took a selfie of myself. Will they accept it? It let me upload it under responsible persons

Thank you everyone. So looks like I’ll get the ball going again tonight. As far as a digital photo I just took a selfie of myself. Will they accept it? It let me upload it under responsible persons
Yes. You’re in MA, so don’t forget to upload the front and back of your LTC or they’ll disapprove you. You upload them in the next screen after you add the firearm you’re SBRing. Which reminds me, don’t forget to upload a pic of the manufacturer info including serial (if any), generally near the magwell.

Machine guns are only allowed if they were manufactured before that date. Are SBRs not limited as such? Do you need a class iii license in Mass to buy one? Or do you just file the form, pay the $200, and you;re good to go?

Machine guns are only allowed if they were manufactured before that date. Are SBRs not limited as such? Do you need a class iii license in Mass to buy one? Or do you just file the form, pay the $200, and you;re good to go?
SBRs require an LTC in MA, plus the federal Form 1 or Form 4 as appropriate.

No date cutoff like the 1986 Hughes amendment passed on a questionable voice vote.

And the federal paperwork is technically not a "license" but "registration", and the federal charge for not having your papers in order is "possession of an unregistered firearm", not "failure to have a license".

Well i submitted my form1 for my 870 sbs project. Uploaded the .eft file and the pictures front and back of my ltc and paid the dumb 200. Fingers crossed I didn’t f***up somewhere.
Curious about the SBS you’re working on.
Are you starting from a bare receiver of are you planning on a barrel swap or something?

I thought SBS in MA was legal but had a bunch of weird quirks to make.

I’m in NH now so it doesn’t effect me anymore.

Started with an 870 police magnum reciever. Found some on gunbroker that were complete minus a barrel. Also that same seller was selling 14” 870 barrels in a different listing with the exact same quantity as the receivers he had. So that tells me they were factory configured sbs that were sent direct to a police department at some point. And with my research and talking to guys here on nes in Massachusetts that have successfully done sbs on a form1, is that all is good on the state level if you originally started with just a receiver. That’s also another way around how to build a 14” shockwave or tac-14 here in Massachusetts if you dont attach a stock and keep the OAL at 26” or above. I wanted to run a stock and go even shorter to 12.5” which is a about flush with a 4 shot 870 tube with the magazine cap installed.

Back
Top Bottom