ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

Follow up question for MA residents:

Has anyone successfully tried reaching out directly to the ATF via email or using a congressional inquiry to look into what was holding up their eForm in an attempt to expedite things? I’ve heard stories from other people on Reddit about getting their forms approved rather quickly after getting their congressperson to reach out to the ATF.

I’m thinking about going that route if I don’t get movement on my form in the next couple of weeks. It’s been in the Submited stage for over a month now. I know it’s still below the average processing time listed on ATF’s website, but I’d really like to try to get this approved before HD.4420 is passed. I’m worried that the ATF may end up denying it if the bill is passed before they review the form.

If you email them you will get a canned response:
Finalizing your application is very important to NFA. Please know that completing NFA status checks for applicants will significantly delay processing efforts. NFA appreciates your understanding so that our staff can focus on processing applications and not researching status checks. ATF receives hundreds of Ask the Expert Inquiries each day, your continued patience is greatly appreciated.

Current processing times may be found at: Current Processing Times Please know that the times listed are average processing times. Some applications may take longer due to many factors.

NFA Division

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg WV 25405

(304) 616-4500

BBB-110

Follow up question for MA residents:

Has anyone successfully tried reaching out directly to the ATF via email or using a congressional inquiry to look into what was holding up their eForm in an attempt to expedite things? I’ve heard stories from other people on Reddit about getting their forms approved rather quickly after getting their congressperson to reach out to the ATF.

I’m thinking about going that route if I don’t get movement on my form in the next couple of weeks. It’s been in the Submited stage for over a month now. I know it’s still below the average processing time listed on ATF’s website, but I’d really like to try to get this approved before HD.4420 is passed. I’m worried that the ATF may end up denying it if the bill is passed before they review the form.
I doubt anyone 'reaching out to a congressman' had been waiting only a month. That's like a second in ATF time.

Form Type: Regular Form 1 ($200)

Entity: Individual

Fingerprint Type: EFT Upload

Pending: 06/27/23

Approved: 08/15/2023

Wait: 49 Days

State: MA

Control Number: 2023890969

Examiner: Carol S. Ripley

Item: SBR

Sent an email to [email protected] & [email protected] at the 42 day mark. They gave me a canned response saying asking for updates would delay things. Reached out to my congressperson the next day. Someone from their staff reached out to the ATF and was told by them that my NICS check was delayed. Sent an email to [email protected] & [email protected] asking about the delay. Didn’t get a response, but my stamp was approved 3 days later.

Entity: Trust

Pending: 08/11/23

Approved: 09/5/2023

Wait: 25 Days

Woo hoo, finally! [party]SBR form 1 approval just showed up after 111 days waiting. LOL I was certain I FUBARed the application but it just took a while.

Amnesty Form 1 (the free one, LOL) filed 5/25. I had (since dismantled) one of those idiotic fixed mag MA legal AR pistols with a brace. Now to finish the 10.5" 300 BLK SBR that will also host a 10.5" 458 SOCOM upper I built from a Tromix barrel and bolt combo.

eform1s should be coming back in under 45 ish days. If you are like me and sitting at well over that, in my case 100 days, contact NICS at the FBI. I got a response in about a day (last night) and my form1s came back approved this morning. See attached. IMG_0224.jpeg

Entity: Individual

Pending: 08/18/23

Approved: 10/10/2023

Wait: 53 Days

Control Number: 20231001821

Examiner: Nathan Hartsock

Pending: 08/19/23
Approved: 10/11/2023
Wait: 53 Days
Examiner: Carol S. Ripley

Now just waiting on #2 to come through which has also been pending since 8/19. I emailed [email protected] a couple weeks ago and was told my background check was cleared on 8/22. My wife, who is also named in the trust, emailed them yesterday and got a response back a few hours later saying her check was delayed but was now cleared and would be included in the next round to the ATF. Got approval #1 today. I'm wondering if the ATF submits another round of checks which will require us to email NICS again to get it through.

Pending: 08/19/23
Approved: 10/13/2023
Wait: 55 Days
Examiner: Can't make out but initials appear to be A.H.

Could be chief of police for your town, county sheriff, head of state police, or state/local district attorney.
How would I inform the Chief of my town after I do my eForm 1 SBR?

How would I inform the Chief of my town after I do my eForm 1 SBR?
Don’t notify your local police chief. Use the MSP Colonel. Don’t know anything about Quincy specifically but I’ve read stories about certain towns receiving the CLEO notification and then informing people that if they build the SBR they’ll be charged with an AWB violation. MSP don’t care.

Don’t notify your local police chief. Use the MSP Colonel. Don’t know anything about Quincy specifically but I’ve read stories about certain towns receiving the CLEO notification and then informing people that if they build the SBR they’ll be charged with an AWB violation. MSP don’t care.
Thank you.
What’s the address and who do I address it to?

Just efiled a Form 1 SBR for a 9" barreled 300 Blackout build I'm planning. I'll send in the fingerprint cards and cover letter tomorrow. Last SBR I did was approved last August, 62 days after filing.

Being a Trust, I also went the route of the 24 Month Exemption.

Back
Top Bottom