ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

To be honest, I'm not sure I get the (very popular) motivation to "hide" the engraving. All my ARs are engraved right over the hammer/trigger pins, in the same font as the manufacturer's.

I match this font:

View attachment 606914

In this spot:
View attachment 606915

Looks pretty normal. Granted, this is an AR-specific example, but you get my point. AR lowers are commodities, unless you're talking about something special like a ban-era "LEO Only" marked Colt 6920 or something like that. Beyond that, I'm not sweating the engraving.
Maybe the person just has a lame name and wants it hidden.

It’s like the same reason I kind of want a lower from SLR. How do you compete with a city name like “Winter Garden”?

To be honest, I'm not sure I get the (very popular) motivation to "hide" the engraving. All my ARs are engraved right over the hammer/trigger pins, in the same font as the manufacturer's.

I match this font:

View attachment 606914

In this spot:
View attachment 606915

Looks pretty normal. Granted, this is an AR-specific example, but you get my point. AR lowers are commodities, unless you're talking about something special like a ban-era "LEO Only" marked Colt 6920 or something like that. Beyond that, I'm not sweating the engraving.
I agree with you, I mostly don’t care. That’s the same place I do my ARs, some firearms I try to hide a bit. Sometimes you don’t get a lot of space at all and you make it fit.

I match this font:

View attachment 606914

In this spot:
View attachment 606915

My prefered lower for AR SBRs, the white paint on all the engraving makes it shoot better [smile]
1650677498324.png

My prefered lower for AR SBRs, the white paint on all the engraving makes it shoot better [smile]
View attachment 606969
I considered something like a circular logo, with an "S" in the middle, with "ScottS Fun Gun Trust" at the top of the circle, and "My Town, NH" at the bottom circle. I thought it would look like a manufacturer's logo, and figured nothing could look worse than the Stag Arms logo, so what the hell.

I considered something like a circular logo, with an "S" in the middle, with "ScottS Fun Gun Trust" at the top of the circle, and "My Town, NH" at the bottom circle. I thought it would look like a manufacturer's logo, and figured nothing could look worse than the Stag Arms logo, so what the hell.
keep in mind that the actual name of the trust, followed by "trust" has to be there, in whatever the minimum font is. But with modern laser engraving you can do a lot with the text, Put the full name in an S shape with a circle around it. In my case the trust name is "C", there is no rule on the length of the name. Someone could use "A Trust" or "WTF Trust" or "Why Trust" or "POTUS No Trust", "I Don't Trust"

keep in mind that the actual name of the trust, followed by "trust" has to be there, in whatever the minimum font is. But with modern laser engraving you can do a lot with the text, Put the full name in an S shape with a circle around it. In my case the trust name is "C", there is no rule on the length of the name. Someone could use "A Trust" or "WTF Trust" or "Why Trust" or "POTUS No Trust", "I Don't Trust"
Yeah, if I had been thinking, I would have named the trust "In God We." Then I could have engraved "In God We Trust" on the weapon.

I match this font:

View attachment 606914

In this spot:
View attachment 606915

Looks great
Some of make clones and the NFA markings distract from the appearance.

Finally decided to do my first SBR and just finished registering for the atf eforms. According to their instructions page I should’ve received an email with my auto generated username. I did the process about a half hour ago but still haven’t gotten the email. Is that something that’s going to take a while? Hoping I didn’t mess it up somehow.

Finally decided to do my first SBR and just finished registering for the atf eforms. According to their instructions page I should’ve received an email with my auto generated username. I did the process about a half hour ago but still haven’t gotten the email. Is that something that’s going to take a while? Hoping I didn’t mess it up somehow.
Check your spam folder maybe?

anyone notice an increase in wait times for form 1 eforms? Submitted on 3/7/22 and its been in "submitted/processing" ever since. currently at about 70 days.
also, maybe it has to do with it taking longer since I'm not registering it in a trust and am instead registering it to myself and therefore didn't have to engrave it?

anyone notice an increase in wait times for form 1 eforms? Submitted on 3/7/22 and its been in "submitted/processing" ever since. currently at about 70 days.
also, maybe it has to do with it taking longer since I'm not registering it in a trust and am instead registering it to myself and therefore didn't have to engrave it?
Things seem to have slowed down a bit for sure, I did two in January and they were approved in 8 and 10 days. Typically trusts run slightly longer, they have to clear each RP on the trust. As far as engraving goes, you have to engrave the maker on your SBR. Either Trust, City, State or your name as it appears on the application, city, state.

I just got my eform 1 Trust approved after 71 days.
Submitted 2/24
They have really slowed down.

Things seem to have slowed down a bit for sure, I did two in January and they were approved in 8 and 10 days. Typically trusts run slightly longer, they have to clear each RP on the trust. As far as engraving goes, you have to engrave the maker on your SBR. Either Trust, City, State or your name as it appears on the application, city, state.
Correct me if I’m wrong, it doesn’t need to get engraved until after it’s approved though right?

If you can buy a firearm your eForm 1 will be approved.
so, it just came back disapproved and the reason was "MA LTC Required".. I've had my class A LTC unrestricted for 4 years and i just double checked and its not expired. I just rechecked my eform submission and nowhere does it mention or ask for a copy of a firearms license. Was i supposed to attach it in the "electronic files" section? its kind of bullchit that it wouldn't prompt me for this, im going to call tomorrow to see if i can correct this but it says a refund is in progress so my guess is im going to have to start this process from scratch. PISSED.

so, it just came back disapproved and the reason was "MA LTC Required".. I've had my class A LTC unrestricted for 4 years and i just double checked and its not expired. I just rechecked my eform submission and nowhere does it mention or ask for a copy of a firearms license. Was i supposed to attach it in the "electronic files" section? its kind of bullchit that it wouldn't prompt me for this, im going to call tomorrow to see if i can correct this but it says a refund is in progress so my guess is im going to have to start this process from scratch. PISSED.
I don't live in Mass but I think I've seen it posted that you are supposed to upload a copy of your LTC as a Mass resident. I think you have to have an LTC to own a firearm there, thats unique to Mass so the ATF checks. You upload it on the last step before certifying I think. Maybe @Lxpony or @andrew1220 can confirm, they are MA guys who have a lot of experience.

You just upload it under the electronic documents section

You have to include your MA license in your eform1 submission. Applies to states that require a license to possess a firearm. Resubmit with LTC attached. They may be able to expedite if they already went through the FBI check.

You have to include your MA license in your eform1 submission. Applies to states that require a license to possess a firearm. Resubmit with LTC attached. They may be able to expedite if they already went through the FBI check.
This is a good point, try writing an email to ask the experts and explain your situation and see if they’ll let you upload your LTC. Supposedly the ATF has gone to a zero tolerance policy on errors but I know a few people who have been able to get corrections made.

This is a good point, try writing an email to ask the experts and explain your situation and see if they’ll let you upload your LTC. Supposedly the ATF has gone to a zero tolerance policy on errors but I know a few people who have been able to get corrections made.
100% this. All depends on which ATF examiner you get and what kind of day they’re having LOL.

Back
Top Bottom