ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

100% this. All depends on which ATF examiner you get and what kind of day they’re having LOL.
She must’ve been having a bad day lol. She hung up before I had the chance to say “thanks anyways”… looks like I’m starting over, thanks for the info gentlemen. We’ll get it right on the resubmission

so, it just came back disapproved and the reason was "MA LTC Required".. I've had my class A LTC unrestricted for 4 years and i just double checked and its not expired. I just rechecked my eform submission and nowhere does it mention or ask for a copy of a firearms license. Was i supposed to attach it in the "electronic files" section? its kind of bullchit that it wouldn't prompt me for this, im going to call tomorrow to see if i can correct this but it says a refund is in progress so my guess is im going to have to start this process from scratch. PISSED.
One more bullshit hoop they make you jump through for the privilege of paying a “tax.”
Like the way the IRS checks your drivers license before you you pay your income taxes. /sarcasm.

Submitted my first Form 1 this morning (Scorpion Evo SBR)

EFile Form 1 Individual
6/3/22 Submission
6/5/22 Prints mailed
6/7/22 Prints received
6/10/22 Approved

Im really going to have to decide if I want to pivot to a trust before I get any deeper... This will be stamp #3 and I think I already want to do 4 and 5

Last edited:
Just submitted an eForm 1 for a SBR, to attach a SIG P556 pistol upper (10in barrel) to a SIG556 lower with folding stock. I entered the Barrel as 10in and OAL as 20.5in, as that was the SIG specification for the upper. Hopefully, OAL wasn't the assembled SBR length - the only way to known that is assemble a SBR before getting a stamp (nope) or estimate by subtracting 6in from the SIG 556 (min 26.1in folder or 34.5in extended). Anyway, I was thinking the SBR requirement was barrel <16in OR OAL <26in - it didn't strike me the eForm 1 OAL might have been the full SBR length until just now.

I'll know soon...should have asked here first, in hindsight!

Just submitted an eForm 1 for a SBR, to attach a SIG P556 pistol upper (10in barrel) to a SIG556 lower with folding stock. I entered the Barrel as 10in and OAL as 20.5in, as that was the SIG specification for the upper. Hopefully, OAL wasn't the assembled SBR length - the only way to known that is assemble a SBR before getting a stamp (nope) or estimate by subtracting 6in from the SIG 556 (min 26.1in folder or 34.5in extended). Anyway, I was thinking the SBR requirement was barrel <16in OR OAL <26in - it didn't strike me the eForm 1 OAL might have been the full SBR length until just now.

The examiner likely won't disapprove your form1 over this.

I agree, I don't think you will get a denial for this error. For the future SBRs are always measured from the barrel crown unless it has a P/W muzzle device to the end of the fully extended stock. Unfolded stock in your case.

Well, yeah, that's what form 1ing a pistol into an SBR means. Just don't get dinged with constructive posession.
If he’s not insane he would have a better chance of hitting PowerBall than getting nabbed on a CP charge.

I feel like he has a pistol lower anyway, he’s got a pistol upper and since that’s not really a thing I’m thinking it means it came off a pistol lower.

So, I’m waiting for an email telling me where to send my fingerprint cards, right? I submitted the eForm-1 on 4Aug, got my prints at the PD on 6Aug and it’s 15Aug. The website just indicates in processing. Nothing in email spam. Should I “Ask the Experts" or hang tight?

So, I’m waiting for an email telling me where to send my fingerprint cards, right? I submitted the eForm-1 on 4Aug, got my prints at the PD on 6Aug and it’s 15Aug. The website just indicates in processing. Nothing in email spam. Should I “Ask the Experts" or hang tight?
The moment you hit the certify button and submitted you should have received a submitted/in-process email. That email contains your cover letter to send to the FBI with your prints. You only have 10 days to get the prints in to the ATF, they will disapprove you after 10 days.

The only exception is if you went "pending research", normally this only happens with a Form 1 silencer, rarely on an SBR or destructive device.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom