ATF, FBI seize firearms from home on Robert Drive in Holyoke

What the actual?? Come someone explain how the holster ended up as fed time? That sounds like a nightmare.

What the actual?? Come someone explain how the holster ended up as fed time? That sounds like a nightmare.
ATF had a shit ruling that says any gun in a holster thats designed to be fired from the holster without removing it first, is an NFA device known as an AOW, or "any other weapon". Basically it hinges off of another b******* definition where basically things that don't look like guns that can fire bullets are AOWs.

That's why when you see gimmick guns like a lifecard or those pen guns they always fold into a shape that looks like a handgun of some sort.

Now having said that there are other pen guns like a stinger or whatever but those are actually NFA devices.

In the end, we'll never be told that the real reason for the raid was a neighbor was frightened because he saw the man carry one of the wood stocked hunting rifles into the house...
If that turns out to be so...

IKDECPQALVGOXCG6MRWOR52VVA.jpg

ATF had a shit ruling that says any gun in a holster thats designed to be fired from the holster without removing it first, is an NFA device known as an AOW, or "any other weapon". Basically it hinges off of another b******* definition where basically things that don't look like guns that can fire bullets are AOWs.

That's why when you see gimmick guns like a lifecard or those pen guns they always fold into a shape that looks like a handgun of some sort.

Now having said that there are other pen guns like a stinger or whatever but those are actually NFA devices.
Whoa whoa whoa, are you telling me that if I rock an uncle mikes holster that I’m going to have to file some form1’s? 😂

You know, I had one of those shower thoughts tonight about frt's and it's sort of changed my stance a little bit on the subject and I wanted to come clean.

Federal law defines a machine gun as
"any combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a weapon to shoot automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."

Where MA law states:
(Machine gun)
''Machine gun'', a weapon of any description, by whatever name known, loaded or unloaded, from which a number of shots or bullets may be rapidly or automatically discharged by one continuous activation of the trigger

(Bump stock)
“any device for a weapon that increases the rate of fire achievable with. such weapon by using energy from the recoil of such weapon to generate a reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger.”

Originally I stated that the FRT's were probably MA machine guns because of the bump stock ban and the harnessing of the recoil. I'm wrong and agree with a few of you- the recoil is the kinetic repulse of the rifle, or the Newtonian "effect" where the cause is the firing of the bullet. FRT's don't use that to cycle the trigger, they use syphoned gas. If the gas system was long and complex enough the FRT could function outside the impulse of the recoil and still work.

Additionally, federal law is pretty clear that the trigger needs a continuous activation. The trigger forces the reset, so it's not continuous- you might argue that it's a continuous pull of the finger, but that's not the legal definition.

I once saw FRT's as dubious, but that's the Stockholm syndrome talking, they should be fully legal as they abide by the technical guidance of the law.

Back
Top Bottom