• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Form 4 thread. Process and approvals!

My buddy just got approved in 6 DAYS!

He is AGR and has undergone some previous deep security checks as a member of a NBC Responce Team. But I can't imagine that would have anything to do with a quick turnaround with the ATF.

Individual form 4?

Wish I wasn't buying a house this very moment or I would try my hand at buying another can as an individual this time around.

View attachment 864829View attachment 864830
Yeah, I have one that’s been sitting in a trust since Nov waiting to clear ATF purgatory.
It was about four weeks from cash down to can in hand. They had to order it in. Wild.
Might get a 45 can next.

I'm curious if "trust bundling" is actually going to happen. I've been sitting on a Form 1 for about a month and just submitted a Form 4 on Friday. I have another suppressor waiting on a Form 3. If I'm lucky they will look at that Form 1 and batch my Form 4s. More likely I'll see those cans in 6-7 months.

Here I am waiting two weeks on my OCL OCM5 after getting my two Velos cans approved in under 24 hours. I genuinely think the overlords at the ATF get off on this shit. I was used to waiting a few months and forgetting (sort of) about the pending cans until getting the approvals. Now I’m like, where the f*** are my stamps after waiting two weeks and looking every day.

This thread made me try my luck and I grabbed a mask and ghost45 on Friday. Doing it through Silencershop and just waiting for the dealer to call me back to certify the eform. If I get lucky with approval time, I'll be adding a sandman.

Was initially going to get a Wolfman for 9mm but they talked me into the ghost so I could play around with 45 or 300blk for basically same size and weight.

I got nothing yet. Website right now is showing 89 days for form 4 - individual.

You gotta get some longer handguards or SBR those. The length of exposed barrel bothers me.

Let us know what you think of the RC2. It might be my next can.
So I’ve shot the RC2 on the piston LWRC IC-A2.
So far I can confidently say that the current batch of XM193 55gr federal ammo does not work with Surefire cans.
I will have to bring my other rifle out with my trash panda and see if I have the same results but so far shooting mid length gas systems with 1/7 barrels I need to be using 69 grain or higher bullet weights to get 1 moa accuracy.

That said, while there is more gas blowback (as expected) on the RC2 compared to the RC3, it’s less awful than the Trash Panda was.

I will need to swap SF cans to see the further impact.

Back
Top Bottom