AZ - Jose Guerena Shot 60 Times By SWAT Team

interesting that lines 289-290 contradict lines 386-390 (in the warrant)

Indeed. He got pulled in by association. There's no evidence in there other than he knows the BIL and owns things. Apparently owning cars and a home now makes you a criminal and subject to being shot by a SWAT team.

I love the section about net car values and kelly blue book. When was the last time you paid full blue book value for a car? Does he have car payments? Is it hard to believe that he could own a few cars when he already owns his house?

I can't believe what a sham this is.

FYI - I think the final actual tally was 71 shots fired - 22 hits. Piss poor shooting into a fatal funnel, and way too many shots for a single person perceived threat.

Also, apparently the search warrant was authorized over being pulled over one time with a small amount of marijuana and a gun in the car (the gun was legal) and they didn't press charges, and they found plastic wrap in the car (which can be used to wrap drugs....), and his car was seen at a "stash house" a few times. Wow. Really?

70 shots rang out...there's a 3-4 second pause, shot #71 is fired. Was that the excecution shot? One more in the back just for good measure? Or maybe Blumpkin has an excuse for that too?

Does someone have a link to the released docs?

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...By-SWAT-Team?p=1910303&viewfull=1#post1910303
post 114 has a link to the warrant. Or.... here http://www.kvoa.com/files/Scanned Document0582_000.pdf

The warrant says that Jose was arrested on felony possession charges and misconduct involving weapons, but was not convicted of anything. This definitely sounds like a guilt by association case, not just with the brother-in-law, but with his own brother Alejandro Guerena.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...By-SWAT-Team?p=1910303&viewfull=1#post1910303
post 114 has a link to the warrant. Or.... here http://www.kvoa.com/files/Scanned Document0582_000.pdf

The warrant says that Jose was arrested on felony possession charges and misconduct involving weapons, but was not convicted of anything. This definitely sounds like a guilt by association case, not just with the brother-in-law, but with his own brother Alejandro Guerena.

Thanks. I must have missed that.

It looks like Jose was helping his brother hide assets by registering his vehicles. The warrant states that Alejandro claimed ownership of the vehicle when it was pulled over but yet he has no vehicles in his name. This is how it appears, if the warrant is to be believed, Jose was involved. He was suborning welfare fraud effectively. He may have been more involved, but it appears that he was at the periphery.

The big tell tale sign on this one is the warrant makes clear that Jose had been pulled over previously and not given any grief to anyone. They could clearly follow him and pull him over at will but they then had to storm his house because they couldn't find the guy??? WTF.

He may have been convicted of something had he lived. But them doing what they did ensured that welfare fraud carried a life sentence on this one.

I also love how "the suspects will visit a business for short periods of time and then leave". I guess I need to park my ass on the bench at wal-mart and not leave for a few hours...

I also love how "the suspects will visit a business for short periods of time and then leave". I guess I need to park my ass on the bench at wal-mart and not leave for a few hours...

Yeah, that's a definite "WTF" there.... like every other person in america hasn't gone into a store, bought/looked something, and quickly left. Some of us might even do that same thing several times in one day... I guess we're terrorists or drug runners if we visit a business "at speed" and don't have a cup of tea inside every time.

-Mike

Not a single mention of cooperation with the local sheriff on this one and the prosecuting attorney is an AUSA out of Phoenix. Wanna bet there is more of that where it came from?

It would be a losers bet to go against that premise... I just sent an E-mail to KVOA asking them to not let either of these two stories go...

After revealing that they'd been following him around for months, establishing an extremely detailed pattern of surveillance on the suspects in question, which would have allowed them to detain the suspects outside of their homes, and only then enter their homes to search for evidence.

Exactly. This is the most infuriating thing about the whole situation.

They KNEW the guy worked long days at the mine. They also knew there was a wife and kid in the house. So send a few cops to the parking lot outside his work and a few others to a location a street or two over from his house. Take him into custody after work, call the other cops and have them serve the search warrant when only his wife is at home.

Guilty or innocent, the guy would be in custody and - most important - alive.

But noooooo ... they just had to use their HSLD SWAT tactics and try some sort of half-assed dynamic entry and the guy is dead and his wife and kid are traumatized.

Well done, Pima County law enforcement. If there was a way to screw the pooch, you certainly found it.

I haven't read thru every single post in this thread - but I don't remember this being mentioned - Dupdick is the same guy who was blaming "the right" for the Tucson shooting of Giffords a few months back

Good commentary on that (and the general state of the political culture in this country)

(note to mods: read permission to post at bottom)

http://lewrockwell.com/anderson/anderson316.html

Tucson Murders and the Modern American Political Culture
by William L. Anderson

When a mentally unstable man murdered six people and severely wounded Congresswoman Gabby Giffords in Tucson, Arizona, last January, Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik was quick to blame Sarah Palin and Sharron Angle for the shootings, and others like Paul Krugman also claimed that it was a political shooting orchestrated by the Right. Not surprisingly, Dupnik was the darling of the Left, as he claimed that the "lack of civility" from non-leftists.

Four months later, Dupnik’s SWAT charges gunned down Jose Guerena as they barged into his house. Guerena allegedly was holding an AR 15 (with the safety still on), and as the video in this article shows, Dupnik’s employees wasted no ammunition, firing more than 60 shots in a few seconds. Guerena was still alive when paramedics arrived, but Dupnik’s ambassadors for "civility" would not let them tend the wounded man until he was dead.

The reaction of the sheriff is most instructive. In the January incident, he openly blamed people who were not responsible for the killings; in May he denied that his office shared any blame at all in the killing of Guerena even though they fired the bullets. Guerena, according to Mr. "Civility," totally was at fault, as Pima County SWAT officers did nothing wrong.

Furthermore, Dupnik has helped lead an avalanche of bad publicity (much of it likely untrue) toward the dead man and his family, engaging in the kind of character assassination that he would have condemned in January. In other words, if Sarah Palin campaigns against another Democrat, that is near-murderous behavior; however, when Dupnik and his lackeys gun down a man in his home, and then falsely claim that he must have been a drug kingpin, that is just being "responsible." (As Will Grigg has noted, Dupnik blames the press for the bad publicity in the aftermath of this killing.)

While Dupnik has turned out to be as despicable as some of Fox News might have wanted to claim in January, he only is a small part of a larger tragedy. American political culture, which to me Dupnik represents in part, has become so hypocritical and so dishonest and so destructive that I believe it is impossible for decent people to survive it.

First, let us deal with the hypocrisy. Pima County is the "liberal" county of Arizona, and there even is a secession movement for the county to split off from Arizona. Home to the University of Arizona, Pima County is decidedly Democratic in party politics. Furthermore, Dupnik is supposed to be the "Anti-Sheriff Joe," in contrast Republican Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, who has made a sham of civil liberties and rule of law.

Dupnik, you see, is supposed to be the opposite of Arpaio in every respect. Yet, what happens when his charges wantonly gun down a man who was not a threat to the community and was well-regarded by his peers? Why, Rule of Murder must prevail, and even to question it is to engage in irresponsible behavior. How is that different from what Arpaio would do or has done? It isn’t.

The hypocrisy is not limited to Dupnik, as the propaganda machine that promoted his lies last January has been silent on the Guerena shooting. For example, the leftist Phoenix New Times, which has been (rightly, in my opinion) attacking Arpaio and his political allies, had dozens of articles on the Giffords shooting (with all of the usual accusations one would expect from the Left). However, in the Guerena killing, it ran only one piece, and the article basically was little more than a press release from Dupnik’s office, although it did note that the "raid" found only one bag of marijuana – in a different home.

Sojourners, which joined the "civility" crusade, had nothing on the Guerena killing. Most of the mainstream media has been silent or only has reported on official documents and done interviews with Guerena’s widow and her attorney. And so it goes.

The dishonesty of American political culture also is exposed here. When Giffords and the others were gunned down, the American media had no problem running with the wild claims that Sarah Palin was responsible, just as it has no problem claiming Ron Paul is a threat to "freedom." (Mother Jones, while not a mainstream publication but nonetheless is a favorite among Democratic liberals, recently claimed that Paul was unfit to be president because, among other things, he was against the recent assassination of Osama bin Laden. Thomas Woods eviscerates that claim here.)

However, when one of their darlings engages in what only can be called an execution of a man who clearly was guilty of no crime, the media is silent or supports the murder. This hardly is a new development. When Janet Reno unleashed a military assault against the Branch Davidians in 1993, killing nearly 80 people, including 20 children and two pregnant women, the political establishment applauded her and her popularity soared, especially among Democrats.

(Not that Republicans have been defenders of liberty. The reign of George W. Bush and his use of torture as a political tool and the acquiescence of the GOP in this atrocity lets us know that, like their counterparts across the aisle, Republicans are defenders of civil liberties ONLY when it is to their political advantage.)

Keep in mind that even if Dupnik’s statements are exposed as lies and his officers planted the AR 15 beside Guerena’s body, nothing will happen to them, as the political classes in this country are nearly invulnerable. Yes, I predict that Guerena’s widow will receive a future settlement from Pima County taxpayers, but no one – and certainly not Dupnik – will lose his job and no one, no matter how criminal his actions, will be charged with anything at all.

In the end, American political culture is utterly destructive. The Drug War, which exists because of entrenched political interests, leaves a wake of death and personal and physical destruction. Prosecutors and police regularly lie and knowingly bring false charges against innocent people, and the courts protect the worst of their conduct.

Men like Ron Paul, who speak out against this evil are vilified in the press and marginalized even by their own political parties. Conversely, the CIA sends out death squads around the globe and the former "civil libertarians" who condemned such actions suddenly find them necessary because Barack Obama is in the White House and must be supported no matter what atrocities he commits. The government goes on rampages to destroy productive entrepreneurs while spending hundreds of billions of dollars to promote political entrepreneurship and to prop up failed – but politically-connected – enterprises.

No decent society can survive this kind of multi-pronged assault. A political culture that holds up Clarence Dupnik as an example of "goodness" and "civility" is a political culture at war with the truth. When a good and decent man like Ron Paul is vilified and that same political culture praises Clarence Dupnik, who supports what at this time sure looks like a cold-blooded execution of a man not charged with any crime, then we have to understand that America the Decent no longer exists. America has decent people, but they increasingly are being overwhelmed by the Dupniks and others who see killing of innocents as a legitimate political tool.

June 4, 2011

William L. Anderson, Ph.D. [send him mail], teaches economics at Frostburg State University in Maryland, and is an adjunct scholar of the Ludwig von Mises Institute. He also is a consultant with American Economic Services. Visit his blog.

Copyright © 2011 by LewRockwell.com. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit is given.

[/quote]

After revealing that they'd been following him around for months, establishing an extremely detailed pattern of surveillance on the suspects in question, which would have allowed them to detain the suspects outside of their homes, and only then enter their homes to search for evidence.

If they had surveiled him for "months" - then they would have known that there was a wife and kid in that house. That fact combined with the fact that they shot 71 times or (whatever it was) - into the house - should be all the evidence in the world to charge each and every person on that SWAT team with *at the least* with reckless endangerment or some such thing.

Some animals are more equal though. I'm willing to bet that nothing will come out of this.

I'm also willing to bet that the vast majority of people think this sort of crap is OK.

Indeed. He got pulled in by association. There's no evidence in there other than he knows the BIL and owns things. Apparently owning cars and a home now makes you a criminal and subject to being shot by a SWAT team.

I love the section about net car values and kelly blue book. When was the last time you paid full blue book value for a car? Does he have car payments? Is it hard to believe that he could own a few cars when he already owns his house?

I can't believe what a sham this is.

I own 4 cars and 3 motorcycles. My house will also be paid off in a few years. I also own a bunch of guns. I guess I had better start armoring up the house because the SWAT team will be showing up shortly.

I own 4 cars and 3 motorcycles. My house will also be paid off in a few years. I also own a bunch of guns. I guess I had better start armoring up the house because the SWAT team will be showing up shortly.

I found a great deal on 4'x8' 3/4" steel plates, we can do a group buy.

It doesn't take 3/4" steel plate. Enough concrete will stop ANYTHING. Just make sure if you put a turret on the roof, it can face both directions.

Maginot_line_1.jpg

It doesn't take 3/4" steel plate. Enough concrete will stop ANYTHING. Just make sure if you put a turret on the roof, it can face both directions.

Maginot_line_1.jpg

Not exactly true.

You can always use a bigger gun, I present as evidence:

4259746842_f375b8011c_o.jpg

The description reads:

The German attack on this fort of the Maginot Line started in the early morning of may 15th 1940. On may 19th 1940, after 5 days of fighting, La Ferté sent it's last message to the neighbouring fort La Chesnois.

The complete crew of this fort got killed. Most of them lost their lives due to fires in the interior of one of the blocks.

The photo shows the damage inflicted to one of the cupolas by the 88 mm Flak guns.

Scan of original photo in private album of a German soldier.

Not exactly true.

You can always use a bigger gun, I present as evidence:

4259746842_f375b8011c_o.jpg

The description reads:

The German attack on this fort of the Maginot Line started in the early morning of may 15th 1940. On may 19th 1940, after 5 days of fighting, La Ferté sent it's last message to the neighbouring fort La Chesnois.

The complete crew of this fort got killed. Most of them lost their lives due to fires in the interior of one of the blocks.

The photo shows the damage inflicted to one of the cupolas by the 88 mm Flak guns.

Scan of original photo in private album of a German soldier.

Apparently they weren't worried about over penetration. Those are some impressive holes.

8.8cm shell @ 3280fps = 334,423 ft-lbs [shocked]

Back to the original topic: if you haven't read the affidavit in support of the search warrant, you should do so.

http://www.kvoa.com/files/Scanned Document0582_000.pdf

That's right, the justification for searching Jose Guerena's home was that he was a passenger in a traffic stop that yielded no drugs, but there was plastic food wrap in the car.

The officer also flatly contradicted himself, when he first said that they had confirmed Jose's employment at the mine, then said none of the subjects followed a pattern indicating regular employment.

The problem is judges don't read these things carefully. How could they when there is one warrant for 4 locations, 10 cars, 8 people and they go into minute detail. That being in one warrant allowed the cops to bury jose's particulars inside a much bigger bundle. Had these been separate warrants, the judge may have had a fighting chance of narrowing down the scope or changing it's nature away from a barely knocked warrant.

Autopsy Report Released...

The 26-year-old man shot and killed by a SWAT team during a raid last month was struck 22 times and a toxicology exam showed there were no traces of drugs in his blood at the time of death, according to an autopsy report released Monday.

SWAT officers fired 71 rounds at Jose Guerena from the doorway of his home while serving a search warrant the morning of May 5, officials from Pima County Sheriff’s Department have said. Less than a third of those shots hit Guerena, leaving some 49 rounds passing through walls and some hitting nearby homes, according to reports released by the department last week.

Guerena’s toxicology report showed there were no traces of drugs and only a low level of ethanol — 0.02 percent — some or all of which may have been produced after his death, a medical examiner from the Pima County Medical Examine’s Office wrote.

The report showed most of Guerena’s gunshot wounds were to his legs and arms. He was struck three times on his torso and grazed by a bullet on the head, according to the autopsy report.....

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_8e492a7c-9078-11e0-8ee2-001cc4c002e0.html

The Pima County Medical Examiner told KGUN9 News Monday afternoon that even if medics had reached Jose Guerena immediately, they probably could not have saved him.

The report goes on to note in detail the entrance location and trajectory of each wound, most of which were on the victim's extremities. The medical examiner listed, in order, these entrance wounds:

>snip<

When reached by phone Monday afternoon, the Pima County Medical Examiner, Dr. Gregory Hess, told KGUN9 News that two wounds in particular led to Guerena's death. The bullet that hit the left thigh traveled into the abdomen, where it lacerated a kidney and cut through an artery. Equally serious was the bullet that entered the abdomen, which then traveled through the spleen and into the left lung. Both wounds led to immediate, massive blood loss.

>snip<

Hess said no single shot was immediately fatal, but he said with all the wounds combined, Guerena suffered from "rapid and severe blood loss." Hess told KGUN9 News that the official recorded time of death was 10:00 AM, which was about a half hour after the shooting.

>snip<

The combined total of entrance and exit wounds listed in the report is 96.....

http://www.kgun9.com/story/14847835/fatal-swat-raid-just-released-autopsy-details-guerenas-wounds

Back
Top Bottom