Bass Pro On Fire

Its been reported that Bass Pro in Foxboro is on fire. No further details at this time.

Just tuned it in on my scanner. They are breaking thru the walls to make sure no further fire remains and called for the "building commissioner" to go to the building which to me implies they are questioning the structural integrity of that part of the building.

Sounds like they will be closed for a while and a certain Rat will be rejoicing.

Fire was in the walls of the building on left side of the building (behind gun counter). They opened up the walls to check for fire. Sounds like good amount of smoke in the store, but no fire made it out of the walls. Building inspector being called is nothing out of the ordinary. They go to almost all fires. I have a few friends on the scene will update tomorrow after I get info from them.

Can someone translate that for us non-first responders? Bad? Really Bad?

Foxboro Mass. *2nd Alarm*. 1 Patriot PL @ Pro Shop. CO's Have The Fire K/D & Are O/H. AHW. 9:27pm

Fire Knocked Down, companies OverHauling (punching holes in the walls looking for hot spots).
All Hands Working, meaning everybody is busy.

Fire Sale?

That would be right up Building 19's alley . . . but not when it comes to guns or anything related to them!

I don't know "fire science" so I don't know what part of the store this translates to, but they were working the "B C" corner. Maybe one of our resident firefighters can translate that? But smoke damage is incessant and goes everywhere even if no water or fire hits the products.

Wow, I was just there with the kids (7 and 5) today and we had a blast....my son got to take his first shots with a BB gun and real bow and my daughter finally understands the front sight and lit up the shooting gallery with the laser gun. hope no one was hurt and they can get back up and running in short order

I don't know "fire science" so I don't know what part of the store this translates to, but they were working the "B C" corner. Maybe one of our resident firefighters can translate that? But smoke damage is incessant and goes everywhere even if no water or fire hits the products.
When outside, looking at the front of the building:
A side is the front
B is left side
C is rear
D is right side

So BC corner is the left rear.

It's a big box store. Service is hit or miss at big boxes. I like Bass Pro but if you want a neighborhood gun shop experience go to a neighborhood gun shop.

Bankjob, I have never had a problem with the service at Bass Pro. If you don't like the service, don't go there.

x2.. Both the people in the boot department were super helpful on July 4th..

Never a bad experience. Hope they're back up and running soon. It's a unique store and nice to have local.

What a d-bag. Go somewhere else. I have the opposite experience and hate to see people unemployed through no fault of their own.

I agree with you. I've only been there one time to get a sight and rest for my bow. Had them install them, when I got home I noticed they never put the light on my sight....

I called, and two days later it was in my mailbox with a 20.00 gift card with an apology note,
and a voucher for 5 free hour of range time at Reedys Archery.

b/c corner is the left side of building c is rear of it

When outside, looking at the front of the building:
A side is the front
B is left side
C is rear
D is right side

So BC corner is the left rear.

Thank you both!

And nobody should be celebrating the loss of jobs and destruction of a business. It's not my favorite store and I've rarely bought anything there, but I wish them no ill. No matter what it will take some time to repair the damage, get the stink of fire out of the air in the building and replace stock. That means a lot more people on unemployment for an extended period of time and that is again, NOT a good thing. Anyone who celebrates a fire like this is a very sick person!

Back
Top Bottom