Cabela's/Bass: Fukk off

I know, but none of them have percussion caps like Cabelas/Sass Pro do.
Understood.

The current market for certain items isn't great I know. Sometimes you gotta drive to get what you need. I was at kittery trading post last weekend and they had percussion caps for $11 and sheutzen black powder in stock (don't recall the price for the sheutzen).

Understood.

The current market for certain items isn't great I know. Sometimes you gotta drive to get what you need. I was at kittery trading post last weekend and they had percussion caps for $11 and sheutzen black powder in stock (don't recall the price for the sheutzen).
If Remington has shipped some of the caps then it's a sign that more are coming, so I'll wait, but it's bullshit that Bass has said no to shipping Hazmat stuff to RI for no reason other than cuz they don't want to.

I used to get the catalogs from Bass Pro and Cabelas, but never bought anything from either of them because their prices were too high.
Eventually the catalogs stopped coming in the mail, and I don't miss them.

I used to get the catalogs from Bass Pro and Cabelas, but never bought anything from either of them because their prices were too high.
Eventually the catalogs stopped coming in the mail, and I don't miss them.
I liked Gander Mountain and still have a climbing stand from them. I haven’t used it in years but it’s too nice to toss. I forget who acquired them. There were zero deals at BP for off shore gear when they opened at PP. Much better deals elsewhere by a lot.
Never ever bought a gun from a box store and barely any ammo minus some 410 rounds for a major tree rat problem.

Oh, I gets it now, you like dick sports. You must have been a cockfighting legend back in the day, a real chicken choking champion. The Tower of Power, Too Sweet to be Sour, the Mushroom Stamp Champ that talked like a pimp while his opponents walked with a limp.
You really should get over it.

Ok first, I agree with you, they suck donkey balls now and I used to have a Cabelas branded credit card. Now I’m going to be a dick, third day living in NH, went to a flea market and there was ammo and powder for sale and nobody gave a poop. 😁

I haven't used them before, but Patriot Defense Armory has percussion caps available, but they only sell in 1,000 count lots. Not including shipping, the cost for #10 is $70.99/1000 for a hair over 7 seven cents each vs. 13 cents at Bass Pro.. It's $5 more for #11 caps.

If 1,000 are too many, maybe you can split the amounts and costs with other people.

NES seems so keen on falling for scam sites for some reason...

I haven't really gone out of my way to call out Bass/Cabelas, but whenever I've seen a thread about them I do give my opinion that they were better in the past, however they've done did the inexcusable and I'm not holding back how much I loathe them now.

I use to really like Cabela's, made a lot of orders from them before the Ass Bro takeover, stopped when things changed. The first was the sales on black powder guns went away and prices shot up. Even when something did go on sale I couldn't buy it because they changed to in store only; I guess they really felt obligated to make sure teens weren't buying them cuz lawyers. After that it was Herter's brand ammo that was specifically for defense that only Cabela's had got dropped and Herter's returned with field loads because obviously Crass Pro doesn't believe in firearm ownership for self defense.

The last time I bought anything from them was 4 years ago when I needed primers and they were the only ones that had any.

FF to today and I'm interested in getting a Remington Pocket repro by Pietta and figured I'd check and see if they have any as those are getting tough to find. They didn't, but they did have percussion caps and I haven't seen any in years. $13 is high, but again, haven't seen them and from what I've read CCI and Remington refuse to increase production to meet demand because they're typical companies driven solely by profits and caps aren't as profitable as primers, so I'm acquising to the new normal that percussion caps are basically worth their weight in gold and to buy them at any price.

Now I have to pay a Hazmat fee, so I'm figuring I'll grab some large pistol primers (again, high price, but these will likely not come down due to focus of production on small primers) as I'm getting short on those. Then I figure powder is worth getting so I look at what they have, what I can use it in and HP-38 looks very versatile for me, so I add that and I'm starting to get excited, which I should have known was the sign that despair was soon at hand.

I go to check out and the option of pick up in Hudson is offered, but since that's the Communist Hellhole state that means I have to have the King's permission to take possession of those items. I'm not bothering with that shit or the hour drive, so ship it to me and I'll swallow the $25 Hazmat like a prom date on her period. Type in my digits and... HOLD STOP! SHIT ASS SHOW BASS PRO WON'T SHIP ME POWDER, CAPS, OR PRIMERS!

WTF? There's no state law that says I can't buy that shit online. In fact I go over to Midway and put the same shit in my cart and see if they will and no problemo! So obviously some fukking scum fukk who passed the bar has consulted the company to not ship to certain states regardless of laws on the books and the shitheads who call the shots at Bass agree.

So, Bass Pro/Cabelas after having been a customer for years pre-Covid, spent thousands, rarely ever returned things (except that one '51 Navy that has a loose loading lever and your rude, dipshit associates made me spend an hour exchanging it for one that worked in the store) only for you assclowns to pull CYA shit, I'm done for good. You are dead to me as a retailer and if I ever wind up in your store again it'll be to piss in the fish tank.

Dude, everything you are trying to purchase can be purchased cheaper from other stores online.

Dude, everything you are trying to purchase can be purchased cheaper from other stores online.
The large primers yes, the powders were a few bucks difference and not enough to make a difference, it's the caps I cannot find cheaper elsewhere. Yeah, Powdervalley or Grafs has RWS caps, but they're like $16/100 while Bass/Cabelas is $13

The large primers yes, the powders were a few bucks difference and not enough to make a difference, it's the caps I cannot find cheaper elsewhere. Yeah, Powdervalley or Grafs has RWS caps, but they're like $16/100 while Bass/Cabelas is $13
When you choose to save $3 and deal with BassPro, you know what you are getting into.

So either you have to deal with it or don't do business with them.

This is like f*cking some street prostitute and complaining you got Hep and Herpes.

PS: If you go to any of the NES meet ups in MA, I have caps I can sell you.

When you choose to save $3 and deal with BassPro, you know what you are getting into.

This is like f*cking some street prostitute and complaining you got Hep and Herpes.

When's the next meet up?

I think the whole NE is getting this way.....
Lexington masshats where thinking about banning certain firearms
Until they got a reality check
The Guv of vermont wants to
Vermont Becomes First State to Force Oil Companies to Pay for 'Climate Change'
Like that's going to work in the winter
Not too mention Me and that shitshow
Sliding into Cali
And if you don't think cali is winning
Next time you check the box are you over 18 ?
Think again

I śaw that VerMoot thing over the weekend. They should call it the "Expensive Gas in Vermont Act of 2024." Because companies don't pay taxes, CONSUMERS pay taxes. Ugh.

When's the next meet up?
Be careful. I hear if you go to meet Broc you could end up with Hep and Herpes. Jus' sayin'. [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom