Battery Pack Insert Source

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
I need to rebuild my nicad battery pack for my older Alinco. The battery pack is a EBP-7NAZ.

I found several sources Online but I haven't done business with them and was wondering if anyone on the forum could recommend a good source for a quality battery pack insert.

Thanks,

Bob

I can't help you with answers. I've never done this before. I am going to follow this thread since I've got a Yaesu FT60 with a battery pack on it's last legs.

I can't help you with answers. I've never done this before. I am going to follow this thread since I've got a Yaesu FT60 with a battery pack on it's last legs.
Years ago I got one of these that allows you to use 6 AA batteries in your FT-60. It seems to cost more than the off-brand battery packs, but I like being able to use my AA NiMH batteries and keep 6 charged spares.

It does say to only use Alkalines, but that's bull. It works fine with NiMH AA batteries. There's a conversation about it on eHam here. Apparently the real pack has an over temperature protector in it for charging. You can't charge the AA batteries in this pack... (unless you scrape the label off the last battery in the spot where the charging ground contact is[wink]).

Back
Top Bottom