• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Benchmade Knives. Yes, that Benchmade...

Got a bunch. No downsides.

Except that I can't ever remember where I leave them. Seriously, I've got like three old ones lying around the house somewhere and I have no clue where.

This right here is why I refuse to spend more than $30 on a knife. Drives me nuts. I swear my wife hides them or throws them out. I have a kershaw leek that mysteriously disappeared for the tenth time two days ago. It's dead to me. I'm using my $20 Schrade now.

This right here is why I refuse to spend more than $30 on a knife. Drives me nuts. I swear my wife hides them or throws them out. I have a kershaw leek that mysteriously disappeared for the tenth time two days ago. It's dead to me. I'm using my $20 Schrade now.

All three of those, I bought many years ago. I was in the Army, and paying through the nose for high-end knives was just... the kind of thing people did.

Way more steel than I could ever use. I gave most of them away over the years.

Crap. I should have not gone down this road...

I saw a great deal on a full-size Bugout on BladeHQ ($250 regular price, on sale for $149.99) and, I ordered one... In black steel.

Benchmade Bugout - Gray G-10/Black 20CV | Blade HQ Exclusive
1608334739309.png
1608334821153.png
1608334849537.png

SPECIFICATIONS
  • Overall Length: 7.46"
  • Blade Length: 3.24"
  • Cutting Edge: 3.00"
  • Blade Width: 1.00"
  • Blade Thickness: 0.09"
  • Blade Material: CPM-20CV
  • Blade Style: Drop Point
  • Blade Grind: Flat
  • Finish: Black
  • Edge Type: Plain
  • Handle Length: 4.22"
  • Handle Width: 1.00"
  • Handle Thickness: 0.42"
  • Handle Material: G-10
  • Color: Gray
  • Frame/Liner: Stainless Steel
  • Weight:2.17 oz.
  • User: Right Hand, Left Hand
  • Pocket Clip: Tip-Up
  • Knife Type: Manual
  • Opener: Thumb Stud
  • Lock Type: AXIS
  • Brand: Benchmade
  • Model: Bugout
  • Model Number:535BK-2002
  • Country of Origin: USA
  • Best Use: Camp/Hike, Everyday Carry
  • Product Type: Knife
Show Less

Last edited:
I've never "Lost" a knife because I'm always feeling for it. Yeah, It's a problem.
The benefit to that though is you are never very far from where it may have slipped out... Belt sheaths and very strong pocket clips are also a plus...

I have had them confiscated though... 😞

The axis lock does seem to be a lint trap.
The second best thing I ever did besides learning how to sharpen my own knives was to buy a special bit kit so I could take my folders apart and clean them out periodically. In my experience any folder that you carry everyday is a lint/grime trap, especially if you spend a lot of time around construction sites or a machine shop.

The second best thing I ever did besides learning how to sharpen my own knives was to buy a special bit kit so I could take my folders apart and clean them out periodically. In my experience any folder that you carry everyday is a lint/grime trap, especially if you spend a lot of time around construction sites or a machine shop.
Was the kit one of those "cell phone" bit kits? I have trouble finding the micro-TORX bits...

Was the kit one of those "cell phone" bit kits? I have trouble finding the micro-TORX bits...
Yeah it was, I bought it off Amazon. Only problem I have is that the bits don't really hold up and are starting to round out. I've been meaning to look for something a little more rugged but it's hard to find those weird small torx sizes that aren't made for electronics. If I find something I'll post it.

Good on you. I have seen some of your posts... and you are in the right place.
We all benefit from great members...
~Enbloc

Yeah it was, I bought it off Amazon. Only problem I have is that the bits don't really hold up and are starting to round out. I've been meaning to look for something a little more rugged but it's hard to find those weird small torx sizes that aren't made for electronics. If I find something I'll post it.

Please do. And thanks.

A quick search just pulled these up on the blade HQ website. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the driver combo.

A quick search just pulled these up on the blade HQ website. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the driver combo.

The boker driver and T-4,5,6,7,8,10,15 bits looks real nice. If you purchase, would you please consider a short review of it?
Thanks,
~Enbloc

What did REI do to deserve blacklisting?
I'm curious as well? That one is news to me.

REI statement on relationship with Vista Outdoor
Mar 1, 2018

REI does not sell guns. We believe that it is the job of companies that manufacture and sell guns and ammunition to work towards common sense solutions that prevent the type of violence that happened in Florida last month. In the last few days, we’ve seen such action from companies like Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart and we applaud their leadership.

This week, we have been in active discussions with Vista Outdoor, which has recently acquired several companies that are longtime partners of REI. These include Giro, Bell, Camelbak, Camp Chef and Blackburn. Vista also owns Savage Arms, which manufactures guns including “modern sporting rifles.”

This morning we learned that Vista does not plan to make a public statement that outlines a clear plan of action. As a result, we have decided to place a hold on future orders of products that Vista sells through REI while we assess how Vista proceeds.

Companies are showing they can contribute if they are willing to lead. We encourage Vista to do just that.

Mar 1, 2018

REI does not sell guns. We believe that it is the job of companies that manufacture and sell guns and ammunition to work towards common sense solutions that prevent the type of violence that happened in Florida last month. In the last few days, we’ve seen such action from companies like Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart and we applaud their leadership.

This week, we have been in active discussions with Vista Outdoor, which has recently acquired several companies that are longtime partners of REI. These include Giro, Bell, Camelbak, Camp Chef and Blackburn. Vista also owns Savage Arms, which manufactures guns including “modern sporting rifles.”

This morning we learned that Vista does not plan to make a public statement that outlines a clear plan of action. As a result, we have decided to place a hold on future orders of products that Vista sells through REI while we assess how Vista proceeds.

Companies are showing they can contribute if they are willing to lead. We encourage Vista to do just that.
24AF7CF2-F105-4A05-A5B7-D3642E8A5A56.jpeg

My virtue-signaling corporation face.

I guess I'm not surprised, it is after all a store full of stuff for hippie related activ

Mar 1, 2018

I guess I'm not surprised by that, at some point stinky hippies cornered and took over the outdoorsman retail market. At least we still have the KTP.
1608339778322.png

Got a bunch. No downsides.

Except that I can't ever remember where I leave them. Seriously, I've got like three old ones lying around the house somewhere and I have no clue where.

My current folder and my favorite fixed:View attachment 424553

That Nimravus has a LOT of miles on it. I believe I've had it about 22 years.
+1 for the old Elishewitz stuff. Here's mine of the same vintage. A trusted companion for over 20 years. unnamed.jpg

Yeah, I'm trying to learn as I go about the steels. Every time I learn the characteristics/uses of a blade steel... they come out with 4 more new ones.
The 940 I just got is M4. Both of these steels, Benchmade labels as "Premium". Lol. I'm a BUCK 110 guy and this shit is outta my league. But, I'm trying...

Back
Top Bottom