Best 45 ACP in MA for home defense

My Ruger SR45 works well.

Super reliable.

The only issue is shooting in the house with no ear muffs.....OUCH!

I generally do like the M&P handguns. I have an M&P9 than is probably my favorite range gun. Installed the Apex trigger kit and Warren Tactical sights. Love shooting it. Would make a fine home defense weapon too.

Smith & Wesson 1911TA E Series. Night sights. Rail with Surefire laser & light.

I think rail lights are great for police use, but not for home use. When something goes bump in the night at home it is most likely a family member, and with a rail light you need to point your gun at their face to identify them.

I think that a separate flashlight is better for home defense, but to each his own.

Another vote for S&W E series with night sights.
Not a fan of lights.
I see real well in the dark and I hate giving someone else something to aim at. YMMV

The sig 227 is a sweeeet sweet piece. Have shot a few and fell in love with them immediately. When my buddy moves back home after the army I'm hoping to pressure him in to a sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who would use .410 or 45LC as a home defense round? The Governor is just a gimmick, an awkward, expensive .45ACP revolver. I see no benefit for home defense over a .357 revolver.

Well, if you live in a densely populated area of Ma., where a neighbors house is close, as many of us do, the thought of using the over penetrating .357 is not a viable option. People have been successfully using the 250 grain .45 long colt for over a century to protect themselves and their loved ones. Why would it not be viable now. I believe that if you could ask all of the people who have died as a result of being shot with the .45 long colt they would disagree with you and would see the .45 long colt as a very viable defense option. I have bagged deer with the .45 colt round and know that it is a sound stopper. The .410 shotgun round is also a very viable option as a home defense round. I have a friend who hunts and bags deer every year with a single shot from a .410 and the product offering in defensive .410 today is better than it has ever been. I don't own a revolver like the governor, but if I did, it would be a very viable defense option with any of the projectiles that it is capable of firing. Being concerned with close neighbors and over penetration I load with .45acp frangible ammo in all three of my nightstand guns. The governor is also capable of loading these frangible rounds. The governor can be purchased for $600.00 and in todays market $600.00 is not at all expensive for a revolver. A good snub nose such as the 5 shot S&W 649 bodyguard will cost that and can't fire the .45acp, the .45 long colt, or the .410 round.

Back
Top Bottom