Best 45 ACP in MA for home defense

Looking to buy a 45 dedicated to home defense. Let me have your top picks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Assuming "in MA" means MA compliant, I'd say an M&P45 with a trigger job. GLOCK 21 and Springfield XDm 45 are even better (no trigger job required), but harder to find.

1911 (S&W, River, Sig) with an extended mag would be my second choice, but you've got to work to become proficient with that safety .

Sig P220 with am extended mag is a decent choice, but I'm not a fan of the DA trigger pull.

One of my HD handguns is the S&W 45c. I carry it with the 8 round mag and for HD use the 10 round mag with the xgrip extension. Like someone commented, had to get the trigger done to make it exceptional.

Have the same dilemma here. Mainly looking for pre ban capacity, but I keep ended up at a Glock 21, M&P full size or 1911. The 21 keeps winning me over though.

well the nice thing about the 30 is that you don't have to worry about pre ban mags because its already standard 10 rd mags.. and its more concealable than the 21..

I have had a few 1911's and the one 45acp I still have and love for HD and training is my M&P 45 with Apex DCAK, Trijicon HD's, KKM Barrel, full stipple, undercuts and x300. It hasn't ever failed me except for some mag spring issues which S&W CS always took care of. I can feed it anything and it's always been accurate and consistent. A lot of options out there and it's what ever feels good and is reliable.

All of those suggestions are amazing. Shotguns are great, each of the pistols are great. Id also reccomend checking out a hipoint carbine. I picked one up and am an instant fanboy of the 4595. Short, light, sure its ugly but is rediculously functional and not to mention VERY VERY Affordable.

Sig 220. No extra stuff on it. If it is loaded, one in chamber and you pull the trigger, it goes bang. In the middle of the night, simple is better.

No mention of Sig p227?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard good things, and it resolves the capacity challenges of the 220, but it's not MA compliant yet, so I don't think a lot of people in MA have gotten their hands on one yet.

S&W Governor. Best Home Defense Firearm in my opinion. .45 ACP, .410 and .45 LC....Very versatile and c'mon a shotgun in your hand!!!!

Who would use .410 or 45LC as a home defense round? The Governor is just a gimmick, an awkward, expensive .45ACP revolver. I see no benefit for home defense over a .357 revolver.

Back
Top Bottom