Big E: December 11th and 12th, 2010

Haven't made one in several years and doubt that I will make this one. Just toomuch other stuff going on.

Someone go and buy something nice in memory of me.

I'm going to take my three year old again, see what they have this time and let my son run around a bit. MAYBE spend my Christmas bonus if I actually spot a deal.

I'm going up just to go...I'm going to get there early and hit the Century Buffet for lunch - anybody want to go?

I would like to eat there, too. I'll see you at the show when they open up if things go to plan. I may even head back into the show after lunch as well. AND back to the buffet for more sushi around dinner time. Love that place!

I'll bring my Blackberry to check up on this tomorrow.

I would like to eat there, too. I'll see you at the show when they open up if things go to plan. I may even head back into the show after lunch as well. AND back to the buffet for more sushi around dinner time. Love that place!

I'll bring my Blackberry to check up on this tomorrow.

Cool - will catch you there! Any excuse to eat at Century Buffet is a good one!

Yeah, it's been a few days for me, so I'll blend right in...[smile]

That reminds me of a show I went to long ago. People said there was a guy who smelled so bad that a trail or odor followed his movements.

I plan on showering in the morning. Shaving? Nahhhh. It's almost Winter.

Mosin Nagangt for $88, not bad. Dint notice any guy with mammoth BO but the guy walking around in a full Nazi uniform............

Seriously, imagine 48 hours going into a gun show and some guy is walking around in a SS uniform and the guy next to me is checking out rifles with a big cup of beer in his hands. Makes all of us look bad.

Gotta admit, i stopped going to Springfield,, too much $$ to park and get in, lousy dealer turn out and even crappier food there, and if i wanted to go to a flea market i can find one closer to me.

I didn't see anyone wearing a yellow fleece. Anyone note the price of ammo in the tent, most of it seems to have taken a dramatic drop.

We rushed through (took four hours) talking with vendors and friends we met and comparing prices. Just picked up more ammo cans (two for $15) and a nice history of the SKS book.

Pete's Gun Shop (blinking snow plow light over their dozen or so tables) had the largest selection.

AAA Guns had the lowest prices.

Re: the ammo--The last thing we did was go to the tent, where everyone noticed the prices were noticeably higher than in (far) western MA.

A real fun and educational day, though.

My 1st gun show. Had a good time and met some every nice knowledgeable people. Whats up with all the Nazi crap? Very disturbing to say the least>

My 1st gun show. Had a good time and met some every nice knowledgeable people. Whats up with all the Nazi crap? Very disturbing to say the least>

That crap is at every show I have been to in Springfield and Marlborough, most of the time there is at most one-two people looking at that stuff. Not just gun shows, Nazi crap turns up at the Brimfield antique fairs as well.

The shows down South and in Texas are worth going to. Maybe its Massachusetts, but I wouldn't go to a show again, unless someone has a solid recommendation. It was just disappointing more than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom