Big E show today?

I went along with my nine-year old so it was more father-son time than really looking at what was available. But it seemed that things were at least a tiny bit better than the last show I had been to. The Winchester collectors took up some space and had some nice displays. I saw C-pher at the Powder Keg and one guy wearing a northeastshooters.com sweatshirt. But when I introduced myself he told me he didn't post much here. The only thing I saw that I really wanted to buy was an ivory bear fetish that I'd like to give my wife for Christmas. Oh, and the guy just behind the Powder Keg had a good deal on Walther CO2 pistols. Supposedly the accessories fit the Walther P22. If so that would be a very good deal. There was a fair amount of ammo outside.

But my son and I had a good time together and that's what counts.

Sounds like you're off to a good start. My Father is my gun show buddy. He started me out shooting IHMSA when I was about 12. I used to help him reload, etc. but got out of shooting when girls and partying took over in my teen years.[smile] Having gotten back into it now that I'm older and married we usually hit the shows but will miss this Springfield one.
Sounds like the show circuit is picking back up with the last Marlboro one being good and things seeming at least a tiny bit better like you mentioned for this Big E one. Better shows will bring more customers which will keep our sport thriving.[grin]

It was quite a bit bigger than the last three shows that I've been to out there.. It was actually the whole depth of the hall, and a lot closer to the back wall than I've ever seen it...

And it was BUSY...we sold more guns today than we have at this show in a long time.

It was quite a bit bigger than the last three shows that I've been to out there.. It was actually the whole depth of the hall, and a lot closer to the back wall than I've ever seen it...

And it was BUSY...we sold more guns today than we have at this show in a long time.

Pre Patrick buying panic? :(

Gary

Well we did okay, I went not expecting to buy anything, (wasn't really on the lookout but I ended up coming home with a bushmaster M17s bullpup and an Ar15 drum (the wife got some of her collectable russian boxes. )
okay deals on alot of stuff, the normal overpriced stuff along with some deals.
some wasr (ak) for in the 300-400 range SKS - 170.00 (unissued-lightly used) to Other SKs's at outragesly high prices. lots of ww2 milsurpes, some at decent prices some expensive. saw a few dealers with decent prices on pistols too.

it was better than the last shows we went to there (about a year ago)

(and yes I got a good deal on the barely used Bushy.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I went Sat. spent about 4 to 5 hours looking at everything. The show was good, it wasn't full, there was alot of open space on the outsides.

I picked up a few goodies, wanted to pick up a few guns (they where really good priced, but not good enough for my wallet right now).

I ended up picking up small stuff, some tools, some ammo. I found a nice (a real cheap) window scope mount that I'm going to "Yankee it" to make a nice mount for Bullseye shooting. The ammo wasn't priced cheap enough, I can get it local here for only a $1 or $2 more.

I spent alot of time talking to the guy and his wife that make steel targets, resetable ones, moving ones. They had some real nice stuff (not bad prices)and they are real nice people as well.

David

I was there today right around 9am when it opened. It didn't get super crowded, but there were a lot of people milling about. I spent about 3 hours there, but didn't find anything that jumped out at me. I did pass a guys table that was selling a HK USPc 45 for $575. Very tempted, but just couldn't pull the trigger on that purchase. Should of. Probably could of made a little profit on that. Saw a ton of Auto Ordanance 1911s for some reason. Did pick up a flyer for the Westfield Machine Gun shoot thought that is happening at the end of the month. Will definitely have to attend that.

I looked at the gun that I thought I wanted, the S&W CS9. Too big! Back to looking at PPKs.
Got some milsurp 8mm & 7.62x54 from the ammo tent. Passed on the pistol ammo. It's cheaper at Walmart or my local gunshop.
Stopped at the gunshop in W.Warren on the way home and bought a S&W PC 686. Now I just need to figure how to pay for it...you'll hear from me in the classifieds shortly.

I looked at the gun that I thought I wanted, the S&W CS9. Too big! Back to looking at PPKs.
Got some milsurp 8mm & 7.62x54 from the ammo tent. Passed on the pistol ammo. It's cheaper at Walmart or my local gunshop.
Stopped at the gunshop in W.Warren on the way home and bought a S&W PC 686. Now I just need to figure how to pay for it...you'll hear from me in the classifieds shortly.

What kind of milsurp ammo in the tent? I hear the Yugo 8mm stuff is back around, it'd be great if it was the 70's manufactured stuff. I'm also still on the look out for more of the cheap Polish 7.62x54.

Back
Top Bottom