Big E Trade Show May 30-31

I still don't know what "jo" means. But I went to the show today with my 13-yo son and his friend and had a good day out. The boy bought a canteen, some trioxane and some little german folding "stoves". His friend bought a couple of knives. I bought a Yugo SKS.

Now I have to figure out how to pay for it.. Maybe I'll sell my Stag lower, since I have an NES lower on order.

It was a small show, but enough to keep us amused for well over three hours.

But I'll tell you ... if I see that $999 WASR-10 one more time I swear I'm gonna pop somebody! Geez Louise!

Pretty good show but the prices were still alittle high (500 for an SKS made me laugh). The ammo tent was pretty small and looked like it was picked over. Like people said it was mostly rifles, alot of milsurp and only a few tables for pistols. Good overall, nothing too great or too dissapointing.

Pretty good show but the prices were still alittle high (500 for an SKS made me laugh). The ammo tent was pretty small and looked like it was picked over. Like people said it was mostly rifles, alot of milsurp and only a few tables for pistols. Good overall, nothing too great or too dissapointing.

I got my Yugo from Guns 'n Gun Parts for $295.

I thought the show was great. I got 1 Glock mag. Pre-ban G19.

The guy with all the real nice knives was cool. He also has Maxpedition stuff. I had a great time.

Nice, I thought some of the Mosins on the far side were fair priced at 120, would have bought another but the one I have is already horizontal to fit into the safe [wink]

I came THIS close on one of those Mosins! Really, THIS CLOSE!
images
I bought my son a very nice 91/30 in March, and now I'm hooked on those darn things.

He also had an M38 that was an eye-catcher for $225, but I think I'll just wait on that M44 group buy ...

Yea you really can't beat the 91/30, cheap, accurate, with tons of history behind them. I love mine but it was shooting consistently high at 50 and 100yrds (I'm thinking because they were made for longer distances) but it was a pretty easy fix I just put a small piece of shrink wrap around the front site and would just shoot, trim, shoot, trim until it was about where I wanted it to be. Best part is it didn't need any altering and nobody can tell unless they look for it.

Yea you really can't beat the 91/30, cheap, accurate, with tons of history behind them. I love mine but it was shooting consistently high at 50 and 100yrds (I'm thinking because they were made for longer distances) but it was a pretty easy fix I just put a small piece of shrink wrap around the front site and would just shoot, trim, shoot, trim until it was about where I wanted it to be. Best part is it didn't need any altering and nobody can tell unless they look for it.

Sliding off topic here.... I had the same problem. Put in a Mojo sight (rear only I like a front post) and dead on at 100 yards now.

Now back to the show topic...

It was a good show. Got a good deal on a Henry .22 and some cheap scopes, hope they last. Ammo tent was not very impressive. Lots of good dealers there who were willing to answer questions. But what pistols they had, the prices were very high, to me at least. Better prices and better quality here on the forum. JMHO.

Agreed it was a good show..... Ammo tent was amazingly bare..... One of the sellers said that he sold out some of the more common handgun rounds before noon on the first day..... No powder or primers and only a few bullets....

As long as we were in the area took the opportunity to go down to Cabelas in East Hartford..... Awesome place and the folks that worked there were very friendly..... Was able to get 3 lbs of BLC(2) but like everyone else they were out of primers.....

Seemed to be well stocked in reloading equipment as well as most common handgun/rifle ammo....

Would recommend dropping by if you are in the neighborhood.....[grin]

Sliding off topic here.... I had the same problem. Put in a Mojo sight (rear only I like a front post) and dead on at 100 yards now.

Now back to the show topic...

It was a good show. Got a good deal on a Henry .22 and some cheap scopes, hope they last. Ammo tent was not very impressive. Lots of good dealers there who were willing to answer questions. But what pistols they had, the prices were very high, to me at least. Better prices and better quality here on the forum. JMHO.

I had a good chuckle there... there was an attractive young lady selling jewelry near the center of the show. She had FIVE young men at her table all looking very interested in her jewelry. [laugh]

I had a good chuckle there... there was an attractive young lady selling jewelry near the center of the show. She had FIVE young men at her table all looking very interested in her jewelry. [laugh]

Jeni's Jewelry. Yes she is a very attractive young lady, a shooter and accomplished artisan.

Back
Top Bottom