Big E Trade Show May 30-31

I'm not trying to engage you in a pissing contest, I genuinly want to know which is currently the largest Mass gun show in terms of vendor count and number of tables. I went to Springfield in December and the last Wilmington show, but I skipped Marlboro because of early reports of "packed in like sardines" and "had to park a mile away". I also went to the last Concord NH show and you could hardly breathe in there because it was so crammed.
I personally find the shows much more enjoyable if I have some roaming-around room.
If you do not like crowded shows or have to deal with the crowds, do what I tried one time and go on a Sunday. You'll be able to dance down the isles. After squeezing through isles on a Saturday, especially the Marlboro show, I thought of trying it on a Sunday....wow what a difference. You sacrafice possibly missing out on an item that might sell on Saturday, but....the dealers or more likely to give you a break on the price on Sunday as they usually have money in their pocket by then from Saturday (tables have been paid for) and they would rather dump more iron than have to carry it home. Last show I went to on a Sunday (Fitchburg) just about every table I stopped at the dealer said something like, if you see something you are interested in, I can probably do better on the price!! Anyway, try it you might change the way you attend shows. Also, right now the largest show ) table count in New England is the West Springfield show, but depends on which month. December show (people actually buying Christmas gifts) and March (Tax refund time) are usually the larger number table shows. October is tought as it sometimes conflicts with the Large Antique Gun show that goes on at that time. Springfield still holds the record in New England for table count. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Personally over the years I've always been able to find something worthwhile making the trip & parking/entrance fees acceptable. But now I just got in my M16 magazine converter to accept the old 275rd. AM180 drums so this new toy is going to have us fascinated for hourse on end. Conclusion being: don't expect me to appear in Springfield this coming weekend.

Hey, don't go hatin' on the Jerky Guy, he's a highly revered and respected icon of the New England Gun Show circuit. His delectable products are one of the main reasons many of us go to the shows. [smile]

I wasn't hatin on the Jerky guy. It just struck me bad that day. I musta been pregnant or hungover or both.

I don't know if its changed but you used to be able to hit the ammo tent without paying admission to the show. If by chance they have primers you can hoard them early on and then check the rest of the show.

This weekend's show in Springfield

Keep in mind this weekend's show theme is a Military show and the majority of the stuff that will be out there is military related. There will be gun dealers there also, but expect more military stuff than usual. If you are into that and collect military firearms or militaria, you will be in gun show heaven. As far as cost goes, even if you don't buy anything, it is nice to get out and talk to people that have similar interests. I learn something new at every show I attend and enjoy seeing things that I like, but might not purchase because of expense (a little window shopping). Besides I hear the weather won't exactly be "yard work" weather and all that house and yard work will still be there when you get back. The way things are going, gun shows may become a thing of the past with this administration, enjoy them while you can. Keep in mind, Sunday usually has the better deals too. Yes, the beef jerky guy is one of my favorites too. Not sure if he will be at this show though,... hope so.

I'll be there Sat AM also. Best part is that I'll have Tiny Tuna with me (my 10 month old daughter) for her first gun show. So you'll be able to recognize me pretty easy - I'll be the ugly guy with the cutest little girl in the place.

There will be a few young ones at the show.
Took my wife to the show last year, my son went as well and he was four months old at the time!
Got an early Christmas present that show!

I just got back, ammo tent was very sparse. Lots of old P08, P38, Colt 1911s and other WWII memorabilia. Lots of long guns. A few tables had pistols. Came home with a new SW1911 tho :) I've been looking for a 1911 lately and finally committed.

Big E Gun Show

Am I the only one who thought this was the most pathetic of all the shows that I have attended there. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BIGGER PILE OF CRAP IN MY LIFE!

How was the ammo tent stocked for reloading..... Anything good?

I went today also. Could not make it Sunday so decided to go today. The ammo Tent was expensive. Most of what I saw could be had cheaper at local gun shops. I think since there were only two dealers in there, they were trying scalp a little extra money. I did not buy any ammo because of that. Even Bass Pro was cheaper than those guys and Bass Pro has been coming up with hard to get ammo lately. Small amount of reloading primers and powder, but if you needed anything he had a little of most powders and primers, lots of bullets for loading though, several brands and 500 rd boxes of lead bullets too.
A lot of nice firearms, a little of everything. Did not buy anything as I did not see any bargains. Even one well worn S&W model 36 in 38 spc that I was looking at had a tag of $379. Was going to try to make an offer but figured the best he would do is $325-350, still pricey for the amount of finish wear on it and not even +P rated. But, did pick up some treats from the Beef Jerky guy and a new Boonie hat too. Still an enjoyable day.

Last edited:
You have to do a road trip to a great show in King of Prussia PA at the Valley Forge Convention Center.

Planning on heading out tomorrow AM - looking for a 20" flattop upper - anyone take note of what's available and how the prices are?

What was so bad about it?

Was it the usual stuff?

How did it compare to other previous shows there?

Am I the only one who thought this was the most pathetic of all the shows that I have attended there. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BIGGER PILE OF CRAP IN MY LIFE!

This particular show is ADVERTISED as a Militaria Show. Therefore there will be more than usual C&R guns from past wars. One year the NG had a jeep and mortars setup in a large area of the show.

If old guns, military arms, etc. are "crap" to you, you should have read the advertisement carefully and not attended.

I do NOT like the Big E, as MrsWW and I have "gone around" more than a few times publicly and privately about it, but to those of us who have C&R FFLs and like to look at old guns that have a "history", this is a good show for that purpose.

If you expect to find 6-12 ammo dealers with deep piles of ammo for cheap money, tons of MA compliant handguns (no such thing), etc. then this isn't the show for that person.

There are a few dealers, such as Sherluk (from OH), that usually do not work other MA gun show locations and they sell AR parts, that might make it worth the trip if you are looking to complete an AR (assuming they have any parts in stock . . . the shortage is a national problem).

Unless any show is "down the street" for you (generic "you"), you need to analyze carefully if a given show is likely to have the products that you are looking for before venturing out . . . otherwise just consider it "a day out" for entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom