Big E worth the trip?

Chuck

NES Member
Hi,

Never been to one of their shows. Is the one next weekend, 9th and 10th, worth the trip? Looking for Garand parts and Mini 14 mags and anything else that wants to follow me home!

Car pool from Metro West anyone? Yo, other Riverside members!

cheers,
Chuck

Well the last one was better than they have been, but with the election prices may be up again. I saw some decent deals, the garand parts guys are usally there, (orion 7 and a few others) We are planning on attending. (sat am)

I know it's quite a ways to travel but the Big E is, AFAIK, the only gunshow west of the Worcester area. When vendors show up it is also one of the biggest.

I strongly recommend that you try to get with a few other people and car pool, both to save gas money and parking. The Big E site is a commercial location with a lot of shows and they always charge to park.

Let me know if you make it up Ross. We can try and meet up with you if you are coming Sat. We will be there for around 9am.

I just talked with my buddy, he's a no go. His company is taking inventory that weekend. I am probably going to bow out as well. I am in a cast up to my elbow now (typing lefty...very slowly) and I am not dure how long I will be in it. I doubt it woud be too comfortable lugging this thing around for hours...not to mention that I can't hold a gun [frown] ....and it might be weeks before I can...[angry2]

I'm sure there will be a decent crowd of NESrs around the Zero Hour tables. I've still yet to get an NES shirt but know 75% of you already by face.

I just checked the Big E page to see if it was the same company that was just there and it is. I thought this one was going to be more Military based from what I read before but there listing it as a regular show.

The last one was good, I spent about 5 hours or so there. It had a good selection of booths, from old stuff to newer. I going back to buy some stuff from ReAction Targets, they have some real nice steel plate targets.

No interesting stories, sorry...I have Flexor Tendon Cellulitis in my right hand. Basically there is an infection in the sheath of my tendons and I cannot move my fingers. They said it will be weeks before I have anything close to full motion in my fingers again. It is extremely painful not to mention very inconveinient for a right hander...[angry]

I have Flexor Tendon Cellulitis in my right hand.

So that means you're getting in plenty of weak hand drills, right?!

Just one to make lemonade out of lemons. :) I feel for ya. I had my right elbow in cast on a couple of occasion since I was arm tackled once -- I was going full speed one way, he was going full speed the other, and he used MY arm to pull be down! Still can't straighting it out all the way.

cheers,
Chuck

Back
Top Bottom