BIG PIG DOWN

got this chubby fella eating all the apples. Smoking the hams and shoulders, ground pork sausage and summer sausage the rest. Can't wait!
image.jpg

Great idea Horizontal but these pigs don't have layers of fat like your standard porkers but will consider on the next one but this has already been butchered. 190lbs, headshot from a mere 45 yards. Thank you scent blocker!

A club up around Newport, NH I've been going to since I was 6 with just a fishing pole until 12 when I started hunting up there.....coming up on my 40th birthday so 33 years of just bliss for this Everett city kid.

I used old faithful 300 savage, 150gr. I say old faithful because I'm like 100-1 because last week I missed a 125 yard shot on my first cow elk because I had knocked my scope off the hinge after sighting it in. I can flip my scope off to iron sights for close shots in the thick NH brush and I must of knocked the scope loose taking it out of my truck mi WILL harvest an elk and would gladly donate a large portion to an NES cookout lol. Maybe grab a small 125lb pig for a full roast as well, just say where and when.

A club up around Newport, NH I've been going to since I was 6 with just a fishing pole until 12 when I started hunting up there.....coming up on my 40th birthday so 33 years of just bliss for this Everett city kid.

Very cool. Do they buy / import the pigs?

Originally the pigs were brought over in the 50's and do what pigs do best and that's multiple, and quick. Purest strain of Russian black boar in North America, no mixing with the local swine, that's why the nose is long and the hair is bristly and the fat is on the outside not in the meat, pretty lean. A few have been known to escape here and there and mix with domestic pigs but when they have the habitat and food resources sitting on 30,000 acres or like 45 square miles they breed like wildfire.

Everyone has offerings others do not get like sleeping in the WhiteHouse, hunting in Corbin Park, owning a Ferrari or dating a super model....I'm very fortunate to have done one of those but not for a lack of trying. I'll post a few more takes from hunting and some views of the scenery, hope most of you enjoy them. Happy Saturday.

Everyone has offerings others do not get like sleeping in the WhiteHouse, hunting in Corbin Park, owning a Ferrari or dating a super model....I'm very fortunate to have done one of those but not for a lack of trying. I'll post a few more takes from hunting and some views of the scenery, hope most of you enjoy them. Happy Saturday.

Nice! Looks like a beautiful spot!

I am not connected with this at all, but they have pig hunts here as well,looks like a lot of fun and freezer stock up in the same trip.

I'm going to test out my new ar build on one of these pigs[smile]

hunttheridgevt.com in vt.

I would rather take my a r and dog down to fla. to pig hunt but its not in the cards right now.

Last edited:
Very nice Pig, keep posting. I admit I am jealous but happy for you that you can go hunting in a place like that. I want to hike that mountain someday before I die I will make it to the fire tower.

There some, so called "canned pig hunts" around us in the North but these are as close to "free range" as it gets but with an obvious 12 foot fence sitting around the 30,000 or so acres. Not meant in any way as a "look what I can do and you can't" posts at all and I hope it wasn't taken that way by the lot of you it was merely a I'm thankful to be able to hunt here and get some pork in the freezer for the winter. The miss on the Elk was a bitter pill but makes me what to hunt smarter, better and double/triple check my gear prior to heading out. Thanks for the kind words and if they are enjoyed, I have 30 years worth of photos I can keep adding.

please do (post Pics). I used to hunt outside the park 20 years ago in hopes of finding one that escaped. never shot anything but did get to enjoy the coutryside.

This is the main house after coming through the gate image.jpg and here is the original barn from early 1900's where pigs tend to hang out, no shooting here image.jpg and one of the cabins image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom