Bloomberg plans a $50 million challenge to the NRA.

His nephew was a member at a club I used to work at about 10 years ago. I caught him stealing my $200 pair of Oakley sunglasses that I had saved up to purchase and beat the hell out of him. At the time I didn't know who he was, but I like to think of that time whenever I read this stuff.

Last edited:
Bloomberg quote" People will vote for whatever they think is in their own self interest to get elected and re-elected,” he said.
Now didn't Bloomberg have a fund raising event for Scott Brown?
I wonder why Bloomberg did and Brown went and accepted the money?

Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, which is part of Bloomberg's initiative, said her organization plans to reach out to women and mothers over the next several months leading up to midterm elections."In many ways this is about emotion. As a mother, I’m afraid someone is going to take my children away," she said.

So she admits that her position on the 2nd amendment and gun ownership has nothing to do based on logic, truth, or the actual facts.
She wants to have laws and gun ownership restrictions written based on her/their "emotions and feelings"!!

Mindless sheep, with no actual thought process, dancing to Bloomberg's tune a "vision of Godhood!i

Surprising to see NYT actually tie Moms Demand into being just another part of MAIG and not the grass-roots operation it claims to be.

What is disappointing though is the lack of any public corruption investigation into the fact that NYC employees were using City email accounts and resources to assist with coordinating the activities of MAIG. At times, it seemed like MAIG was a department of the city.

Judicial Watch filed a FOIA and back in January of this year published about 500 pages of emails they received.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/document-archive/mayor-bloomberg-maig-foia-documents/

Much of it is pretty interesting. One thing that stands out is that around the time "Million Moms" changed its name to "Mom's Demand Action.." MAIG was having internal discussion about their messaging and the need to begin using stronger, active language including use of the word "Demand, Demand Action, and etc. Coincidence?

While I have little doubt that Bloomberg is anti 2nd amendment, I think this crusade of his has more to do with his ego.

Guys like that are totally unaccustomed to being told "no" or "**** off"... especially by people who he considers to be beneath him and/or don't run in his social circles.

He's the BOSS god dammit... he's Micheal ****ing Bloomberg, and no one... NO ONE tells him what to do.

He got his ass handed to him in Congress and Colorado by peon gun owners, and that's just too much for his pride to handle.

“You’ve got to work at it piece by piece,” he added. “One mom and another mom. You’ve got to wear them down until they finally say, ‘Enough.’ ”

So his plan is to browbeat moms until they cave and vote the way HE thinks they should vote....that's a novel approach. Wearing them down implies an original stance and belief opposite to his beliefs, doesn't it? He is just going to annoy the heck out of millions, like commercials on tv that are played endlessly. Those ads don't browbeat, they just annoy. He will be reduced to the level of the infomercials on late night tv. Right next to the collapsible hose and the sham wow.

Last edited:
plans to spend $50 million this year building a nationwide grass-roots network

Maybe I've got my definitions a little wrong here, but isn't a grassroots movement one that is started by a collective group of like-minded volunteers looking to persuede many other to join their movement (as opposed to a rich guy throwing a ton of money at something to buy their ideas' way into becoming policy)?

Bloomberg: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to the heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

No worries, Mr. Bloomberg. You won't be interviewed by God...there may however be a certain someone else that may greet you after you're gone.

I thought you were making a joke, then I read the article and saw he actually said that. Wow...just, wow.

Maybe I've got my definitions a little wrong here, but isn't a grassroots movement one that is started by a collective group of like-minded volunteers looking to persuede many other to join their movement (as opposed to a rich guy throwing a ton of money at something to buy their ideas' way into becoming policy)?

You are correct. It's also why they are a floundering cause losing battles constantly. They need to have a sugar daddy pay for support, gun groups have members who pay to fund the group and self fund all their activism.

"Nothing says 'grassroots' like being photographed in a multi-million dollar NYC penthouse"

BlWxGdxCUAAN77Z.jpg

The NRA's strength is in its members, Bloomberg can't buy 5 million sniveling Moms with only 50 million.

From Bloomberg's heaven you can see only grass roots.

ZING!

As someone mentioned before, he's getting up there in age, and must be worried about departing this world before his personal crusade has been won. Nothing would make me happier than knowing he went to the grave without being able to accomplish his quest. Especially if it's the last thought he ever had.

I think they may have misquoted him. I'm fairly certain what he said was: "I am telling you if there is a God, you are looking at him. When I get to heaven they all bow down before me."

Dewsh.
+1

Perhaps he missed what a real grass-roots group did in Colorado, with no funding.
FIFY
"Michael R. Bloomberg, ..., plans to spend $50 million this year building a nationwide grass-roots network..."

Bloomberg does not understand that the NRA is a real grassroots organization with millions of members spending a few dollars in support of their civil rights, His millions go to pay people to help them feel better about themselves.
FIFY

1. $10 per NRA member and his efforts are financially equalled, and his effectiveness is dwarfed.

2. “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.” - Bloomberg

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

He'll be in for a rude awakening.

3. Do you think he's bangin' Shannon?

Has anyone registered wewouldhavebeennazicolaborators.org and redirected it to Bloomie's new website yet?

Absolutely. "bloombergs 50m plan to destroy the 2nd amendment unless you donate now and get a free gift"
Especially when people like me send them a check in a moment of weakness.

I will burn it with the rest of my junk mail.

How about you donate 50 million to give the kids of fallen soldiers a good education you dwarf douche nozzle?
I do like that he's making enemies on both sides of the fence.
Makes him more irrelevant. on the political side of it if no one pays attention to him.
I also would love to see what kind of salaries the leaders of his little group pull in.

Bloomie has missed the mark on one of the critical elements of warfare -- Understand your enemy.

He doesn't seem to understand that the power the NRA has with legislators is not derived just from money. It comes from the fact that most gun grabbers will not vote against a politician who is pro-abortion and pro-gay marriage even if that politician does not support Bloomie's gun control agenda. On the other hand, our side will kick an otherwise conservative politician to the curb for not supporting our position. I believe they call us single issue voters.

Unfortunately for the gun grabbers, our single issue voters outnumber their single issue voters on this issue by a large enough margin to make a difference in the majority of the nation. This is true in enough Congressional districts that the NRA, by calling out politicians that are hostile to the 2A, can cause serious electoral problems for them. This is the NRA's real power. It pisses off the gun grabbers because it's something that can't be purchased.

The problem for gun grabbers is that outside of their activists, most non-gun owners just don't care enough about the issue to vote it with high priority. What are the odds of a pro-life, pro-traditional marriage candidate getting elected in Mass on the basis of supporting Universal Background Checks?

Nothing would make me happier than knowing he went to the grave without being able to accomplish his quest. Especially if it's the last thought he ever had.
And let him spend a lot of his money for nothing. $50 million may be a drop in the bucket for him but it's still a very large chunk of cash

Back
Top Bottom