• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

book value v 'real' value

In view of the insanity is there a multiplier that can be used to 'adjust' the value of a given firearm-or is the book value pretty much it?

Book doesn't determine what the market will bear, especially not right now. Maybe for old crap that nobody wants, maybe.

Depends on what your motives are. You want to sell something? "gunbroker low avg". Will move the item without a lot of BS. Or take 50 or 100 bucks off that if it doesnt move
fast.

Then again I am biased if I am actually selling a gun it's because its a rare case where I need that cash for something else, I just want the thing gone- I dont want to fiddle f*** around with fielding offers and people trying to flint on me, shit like that. I just list firm at a decent price and it will sell. f***ing around for the last 50 bucks or whatever is a waste of time and it doesnt take long before youve blown 50 bucks in time... lol

In view of the insanity is there a multiplier that can be used to 'adjust' the value of a given firearm-or is the book value pretty much it?
I'd say a fire arm is worth what the seller and buyer agree to at this point.

Lots of new ones being sold at msrp these days.

If your selling a used gun.....ask for a decent price imo.....what your willing to part with it for.....the market is brisk so shouldn't take long to get offers.

guns right now are running about 20% or more above retail whether new or used. My FFL sold a firearm that MSRP is $435 for $495. It did have two extra mags and a holster but still was used.

guns right now are running about 20% or more above retail whether new or used. My FFL sold a firearm that MSRP is $435 for $495. It did have two extra mags and a holster but still was used.
Depends on where you're shopping... honestly new gun prices for me haven't changed much other than the price increases that we got in the past year.... availability however is a whole other story....

Depends on where you're shopping... honestly new gun prices for me haven't changed much other than the price increases that we got in the past year.... availability however is a whole other story....
I was basing that on what my LGS has been bring his new inventory.....when he gets some.

Back
Top Bottom