Boston globe Mill article

Yeah but - I was talking about the reporter. Just reading thru her profile and her claimed "accomplishments" - combined with some experience with these leftie types should be enough to give a reasonably good idea of where her head was at when she went down the path of writing this story.
Oh.

That still doesn’t explain the timing. It’s not the little reporter wench who greenlit the story and then made sure it made the paper.

what i find amusing is i just hit the what's new button and didn't come across a firearms related thread until i hit a bunch of classifieds from a dealer, a page and 1/2 down from the opening page. so page after page of "what's up in florida", "funny picture of the month", "hit by a train", "planting" "cheese smuggling" and it goes on like that. seriously, you'd get bored really fast monitoring nes for juicy tid bits of gun info. i can't believe anyone would take us seriously on gun topics after reading a glut of reptiles posts about...actually nothing. hey, nes is like the seinfeld show, an internet forum about nothing.

the damage is done with this episode of shoulda, coulda, woulda. this was a really good dialog that went on here...seriously. most agree it doesn't pay to open up to reporters and the press. let's put this behind us and move on. from now on, since it's published now, if a new guy comes in looking for something, i see no reason not to slip him a pm and tell them where to go to start that search. unless any of the mill vendors think otherwise. so, we still friends?

i can't believe anyone would take us seriously on gun topics
propaganda warriors would not care less of what the actual truth is. their goal is to create an image of the enemy, and that is all they care about.
to hold it against reporters is also kinda silly, as - as it was noted - it is not them who sets those tasks up. yet everything what happens - happens for a reason.

i kinda agree about an odd timing. maybe globe assumed it would fire up electorate? who knows.

This gem:

"Douglas Philpott Hey, I'm not saying they're necessarily breaking the law. I'm just saying people in the US are making decisions these days about what kind of society we want to live in. Some want things to be one way, others want it to be a different way. Ultimately, what's going to decide is the social-good factor. The "hobby" or profession that does the most damage to society is the one that's going to fail. So if Littleton wants to be the big gun center of MA rather than tighten up their zoning and encourage other uses for that building, fine, whatever. We shall see where it takes them, good or ill.

Americans have lived around guns forever. What's new these days is the prevalent attitude among some people of hostility towards others, of bullying and intimidating anyone who disagrees with them or is even visibly different from them in appearance or lifestyle. So honestly, we may say that many people don't want to live around guns, but in fact, what's really happening is that we don't want to live around people who threaten people with guns and throw their weight around with guns.

So, fine, the vendors and customers in the Littleton Mill are probably all properly licensed and checked, and all the transactions there are probably entirely lawful. Wonderful. Yay, Massachusetts for having sane gun laws. But that doesn't stop problem people from being drawn there because of the guns - gun-fankids, gun-nuts, extremists of various kinds, etc. The people who are making guns be The Problem in the US, such as they never were before.

Good luck to Littleton with their new, enthusiastic gun market. I won't ever go there, though. Not because there's a gun market there, but because of who is most likely to be shopping in that market. I'll keep my distance."

Last edited:
This is where I disagree.

Maura is an ambitious, power-hungry fiend whose every move is calculated to lead to higher office. She does things in order to raise her profile within the party, not because she's any kind of True Believer. If she truly was a liberal warrior for anything, she'd have pushed much harder than she has.

Her edict was designed for short-term political gain. She never expected to have to defend it in court, and loud MA gun peeps generally did not raise enough of a stink about it to force her to. It was a political calculation that paid off with her for her base. I bet she'd almost forgotten all about that "enforcement notice" until the Globe just brought it up again.

The fact that her office had no comment on the merits of those claims by the Globe tells me she doesn't really care much about the issue, beyond the political hay she can make from it. This article could have been FAR friendlier to her.
Maura is only 51 yrs old, in 10 yrs she'll be 61, just a perfect age for the 2032 Presidential run. Yes, she is ambitious and learned from Hillary's embarrassing loss to Trump. She's NOT going to repeat Hillary's gaffe's (basket of deplorables) and is trying to stay above the fray. She doesn't want to get into a pissing contest with us or get cornered by a lamestream reporter where she has to issue a condemnation of us or the majority of conservatives in America. She's observing the crop of mean girls and boys that populate the current Dem party and is laying low, keeping her powder dry expecting to use her new position of Governor of Ma. as a stepping stone to her future elected positions.

This gem:

"Douglas Philpott Hey, I'm not saying they're necessarily breaking the law. I'm just saying people in the US are making decisions these days about what kind of society we want to live in. Some want things to be one way, others want it to be a different way. Ultimately, what's going to decide is the social-good factor. The "hobby" or profession that does the most damage to society is the one that's going to fail. So if Littleton wants to be the big gun center of MA rather than tighten up their zoning and encourage other uses for that building, fine, whatever. We shall see where it takes them, good or ill.

Americans have lived around guns forever. What's new these days is the prevalent attitude among some people of hostility towards others, of bullying and intimidating anyone who disagrees with them or is even visibly different from them in appearance or lifestyle. So honestly, we may say that many people don't want to live around guns, but in fact, what's really happening is that we don't want to live around people who threaten people with guns and throw their weight around with guns.

So, fine, the vendors and customers in the Littleton Mill are probably all properly licensed and checked, and all the transactions there are probably entirely lawful. Wonderful. Yay, Massachusetts for having sane gun laws. But that doesn't stop problem people from being drawn there because of the guns - gun-fankids, gun-nuts, extremists of various kinds, etc. The people who are making guns be The Problem in the US, such as they never were before.

Good luck to Littleton with their new, enthusiastic gun market. I won't ever go there, though. Not because there's a gun market there, but because of who is most likely to be shopping in that market. I'll keep my distance."
So close...and yet so far away. It's a shame, really. But it means there's more parking and less traffic when I go to Littleton, so I think it's a win in the end.

What's new these days is the prevalent attitude among some people of hostility towards others, of bullying and intimidating anyone who disagrees with them or is even visibly different from them in appearance or lifestyle.

But that doesn't stop problem people from being drawn there because of the guns - gun-fankids, gun-nuts, extremists of various kinds, etc. The people who are making guns be The Problem in the US, such as they never were before.

The irony fairy just had a coronary. These people are so stupid they cant even see it

This gem:

Wow! Those are some heavily tinted lenses this guy is seeing through. He would almost make a reasonable argument if his own bias did not predetermine his conclusions.

what i find amusing is i just hit the what's new button and didn't come across a firearms related thread until i hit a bunch of classifieds from a dealer, a page and 1/2 down from the opening page. so page after page of "what's up in florida", "funny picture of the month", "hit by a train", "planting" "cheese smuggling" and it goes on like that. seriously, you'd get bored really fast monitoring nes for juicy tid bits of gun info. i can't believe anyone would take us seriously on gun topics after reading a glut of reptiles posts about...actually nothing. hey, nes is like the seinfeld show, an internet forum about nothing.

the damage is done with this episode of shoulda, coulda, woulda. this was a really good dialog that went on here...seriously. most agree it doesn't pay to open up to reporters and the press. let's put this behind us and move on. from now on, since it's published now, if a new guy comes in looking for something, i see no reason not to slip him a pm and tell them where to go to start that search. unless any of the mill vendors think otherwise. so, we still friends?
You know that thread has real potential

This gem:

A lot of gnashing off teeth and pearl clutching by people that didn't even know the Mill had gun dealers. Never had a problem until they found out...

Last edited:
one-eyed Jack: You need to put "Cantankerous, liberal-hating machinegun dealer" in your sig line.
Well, I've pretty much retired from that biz and have passed it on to son Lance in NH. I'm his RP, thou. Little Jack has the subguns to play with. His sister Sadie will be hunting deer with the AR in 6.8 with the can on it this year. Keeping all the toys in the family. Jack.

This gem:

Wow just wow, another lib that lives in a bubble. Don't try to learn anything about what the 2nd amendment means or why the founding fathers were so wise to write it the way they did. Just keep repeating " guns bad, guns bad" Michael Savage was right. Liberalism is a mental disorder, eff this pinhead.

Back
Top Bottom