Boston globe Mill article

Did it ever occur to Cassandra's Ghost that the very fact she didn't know this was happening within "walking distance" from her house was an indication that this isn't something to worry about?
This could be said about all these comments. I think it is a particularly damming indictment of Jamie Eldridge that he didn't know that The Mill was the home to 80+ small businesses in his district. What makes it worse is that when he was a state rep he sat on the Joint Committee on Community Development and Small Business.

The threats ā€œthis must be stoppedā€ that sounds like discrimination against legal businesses. Iā€™ve been to many shops there and itā€™s a great group of nice honest hard working people.

This state is so cooked. Sadly I have put roots down here and they will be hard to pull up and plant somewhere else. But the libs make it obvious we cannot co-exist.

For the record, I have no problem with the local cops.

Matt Pinard stopped doing classes when he became chief, and now refers students to me. I've also done engraving for them, and many of the cops are loyal customers at the Mill.

They started doing annual inspections because the (former) town manager insisted that they do so in accordance with state law. The inspections are by appointment (not by surprise) and take about 5 minutes. They look for proper signage and look at less than a month's worth of FA-10s to make sure nobody is transferring anything they shouldn't.

They've quickly responded to a few issues at the Mill when we've needed it, and I'm sure they'll be there to remove trespassers if any show up this weekend.

Oh.

That still doesnā€™t explain the timing. Itā€™s not the little reporter wench who greenlit the story and then made sure it made the paper.
You know for sure she didnt originally pursue this on her own and then sold it to management when she thought she had something?

Again, look at her profile - she sure seems to be trying really hard to portray herself as some sort of warrior for justice or some crap like that.

Ever seen that movie that dealt with the Boston Globe reporters who broke the story about the abuse by Catholic priests? As I recall it was the reporters pushing management to let them run the story.

Point here is : I don't believe this is a simplistic case of just being ordered by management to pursue a specific story.

And dont get me wrong I believe the Boston Globe sucks, I gave up on reading them probably 15 years ago - after having been a VERY reliable reader of theirs (like EVERY day) ....since I was probably 10 or 12 years old. ( something like 35 years). They started to suck so bad I just couldn't take it any more.

For the record, I have no problem with the local cops.

Matt Pinard stopped doing classes when he became chief, and now refers students to me. I've also done engraving for them, and many of the cops are loyal customers at the Mill.

They started doing annual inspections because the (former) town manager insisted that they do so in accordance with state law. The inspections are by appointment (not by surprise) and take about 5 minutes. They look for proper signage and look at less than a month's worth of FA-10s to make sure nobody is transferring anything they shouldn't.

They've quickly responded to a few issues at the Mill when we've needed it, and I'm sure they'll be there to remove trespassers if any show up this weekend.

Has the hack Senator actually BEEN to the mill to speak with his, you know... constituents? Or is all his info from the OP ED at the top of this thread?

I get a kick about the lady all worried that the Mill is walking distance to her home. Where have you been for the last 5 or so years? So did any extra killy guns walk to your house and shoot the place up? No? Nothing to worry about then.

As to Maura, there's not much to worry about there. She's gunning for Governor and I don't see anyone blocking her from getting in at this point. What we really need to worry about is who Andrea Campbell is and how rabid she is going to be. McMahon is running against her, but polling shows him WAY behind which is not a big surprise in this state. Campbell is the key here now. I have a feeling she'll want to send a message as a new AG and start going after business. Honestly I hope she does as I'm really interested to see how this plays out in court. This is probably the closest MA gun owners have been to a victory in this state now that the SC has leaned in with a pro gun ruling. Here's hoping anyway.

You could tell that Maura wasn't on sound footing when she didn't go after Target Sports for telling her to F off and sending ammo to MA residents. If she was on sound footing legally she would have gone after them quick. That she didn't speaks volumes.

I wonder if these shitheads realize that there are other gun shops in Mass. also? Jack.
Yeah, but their sights are now fixed squarely on the mill. Almost like tunnel vision. My guess is because the headline makes moonbats think something illegal is happening there. Thank Maura and her "edict" for muddying the waters of what was already a cluster fck of gun laws and interpretations in this state.

I wonder if these shitheads realize that there are other gun shops in Mass. also? Jack.
Can't be. I am sure the article would have mentioned if there were other FFLs in the state.

I mean with all the time and energy they spent getting facts straight, how could they have missed that?

Can't be. I am sure the article would have mentioned if there were other FFLs in the state.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if other FFLs in the State dropped the dime on the Mill. They get in a twist when others are selling things they dare not. I remember when the Lunch Ticket Emporium found out companies were shipping ammo to MA residents. Heard they were pretty pissed as they had a monopoly running.

As to Maura, there's not much to worry about there. She's gunning for Governor and I don't see anyone blocking her from getting in at this point. What we really need to worry about is who Andrea Campbell is and how rabid she is going to be.
I find myself in agreement with you again. [thumbsup] Maura doesn't wish to be distracted right now. She'll happily leave her dirty work and revenge to the legislature next session.

Andrea Campbell is the real clear & present danger. Her insane anti-2A wish list would make Linsky blush. As good as it was to send Shannon Liss-Riordan back to her ambulance chasing business, I expect the most new trouble from lunatic moonbat (future) AG Campbell.

Did it ever occur to Cassandra's Ghost that the very fact she didn't know this was happening within "walking distance" from her house was an indication that this isn't something to worry about?
I Know........Maybe she should go for her walk in downtown Springfield where there are no FFL's if she wants to be "safe in MA"

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if other FFLs in the State dropped the dime on the Mill. They get in a twist when others are selling things they dare not. I remember when the Lunch Ticket Emporium found out companies were shipping ammo to MA residents. Heard they were pretty pissed as they had a monopoly running.
If other shops "dare not" sell certain items, how can the Mill cost them business by selling these items? Jack.

I don't know this person from Adam. But my experience in dealing with the press, I can fully suspect the opposite was true. It's entirely possible something was said in another context and suddenly, removed from the context, it sounds completely different.
Which is why you don't talk to them .
I've been on the receiving end of total 100% fabricated bull shit. (Not gun related)
Major regrets for not telling the report to piss right off .
Life lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom