Boston neighborhood has a gun problem

I’ll just come right out and say it: there are a group of narrow-minded, blatantly racist dudes on this forum. There are also a lot of thoughtful, open-minded folks. For the racists, young black man gets shot in Dot, he must have been drug or gang affiliated, End of Story.

Dorchester is over six square miles and roughly 100,000 people, and broken down into at least eight different sub-neighborhoods. It’s a real “melting pot” with ancestry as follows: Irish 19%, Vietnamese 17%, African 11%, Cape Verdean 9%, Italian 6%, and at least 10 others. The neighborhoods are what I call “Microsegregated,” with one street mostly Irish, the next Vietnamese, the next Cape Verdean, and on.

The South End gentrified after Back Bay became crowded and expensive. Next stop was South Boston. Our neighbor sold her unimproved three family, no parking, for $1.1 million.

Since 2012 Savin Hill skyrocketed, and now other parts of Dot (mostly near Red Line stations) are also experiencing huge price runups. At the same time, the Geneva Four Corners area remains a crime and gang hot spot. Whenever there is a murder in Dot, I map the address and it’s usually within a few tenths of a mile from there. This young man was killed 0.3 miles from there, his family were long-time residents.

But this incident on the face of it seems different from most drug or gang-involved shootings. This kid graduated from Buckingham Brown & Nichols, a highly selective private school in Cambridge. He was redshirted by UMichigan basketball and then played a year. He was coaching at UMB. He was shot near his parents house, and the police don’t seem to have any leads or suspects. Sad ending regardless of how it transpired.

That sucks. Kid was a role model.
Very sad indeed. When I read of his background, it doesn't appear to me that he was out looking for trouble. I do hope that I'm correct and that he was just an innocent victim.

Funny how this doesn’t happen in NH (~40 miles away) or at least not at the same rate that it does here in MA.

I thought that more gun control was the cure all? I guess not!

I work at Nashua St. Jail and I can tell ya there is not one guy in there for having a gun they legally purchased. Check the BPD blotter. They pull illegal firearms off the street everyday. They are repeat “customers” and come back multiple times until they finally kill someone. Less gun laws for the legal gun owners and harsher penalties for those who acquire them illegally. Massachusetts has there priorities ass backwards.

I'll bet robbery was the motive. Guy is doing ok and rubbing elbows with the bad kids, so they figure he's got money.
He was found at 3am, though he may have been shot earlier. The police don’t seem to have any leads, so who knows?

Last edited:
Boston Army Veteran Teaches Minorities About Gun Use

One Boston army veteran is teaching minorities about gun use and safety in an effort to diminish the negative stigma surrounding gun owners of color.

Pierre Salomon became fascinated with firearms during his service in the U.S. Army.

"I did active duty when I was deployed to Afghanistan," Salomon said. "That's kind of how I fell into, you know guns. I love the culture."

He runs his own company called Salomon Firearms Training, where he teaches people how to use guns safely.

Salomon’s family is originally from Haiti, but he has lived in Boston since he was a young child. While Salomon was growing up in the Roslindale neighborhood of Boston, he didn’t see many gun owners who looked like him. Most people associated minorities who owned guns with crime.

"You'll hear terms like 'black on black crime,'" he said. "Gang violence. You know if you’re a black guy with a gun you have to be in a gang."

He blames the stigma on years of discrimination during and after slavery when blacks were either limited in or prohibited from owning guns. That explains why he wears a T-shirt that reads, "BLACK GUNS MATTER."
Definately going to throw this guy some support.

Last edited:
Man oh man, I like the cut of his jib.
P. S. Check out the heavy Donk self-projection in that news article:

While some believe Salomon is doing justice to firearm owners who have been stigmatized, others have criticized his work.

One Facebook user called his class "racist" in a post about them. Another suggested said it encourages segregation.​

Because it's not a White conservative calling a Black "racist"
for teaching gun skills to Blacks.

And the person who says it "encourages segregation"
to teach free gun classes to Blacks,
is obviously upset that Blacks are not toeing the Party Line,
are disobeying "community leaders" -
that is, not staying in their place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom