• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Braintree MA 2 cops shot 1 k9 passed

Only in insane places like mASS. You go out to the midwest and people treat dogs like. . . well, dogs. They aren't part of the family to sleep on your bed or hang out on the couch. They're cute and all. But at the end of the day, they are still a dog. This whole "take your dog everywhere because he is your furry baby" stuff is just crazy.

My neighbor is a K-9 officer for the MA prison system. He's training a new dog now. Had to give away the last one b/c the last one wanted to be part of the family and not a work dog. New dog stays outside or in a crate. Can't train him if he has wuvvy-time every night.
Just discussed the outside in a crate and no snuggly time thing with the 3 dogs...they said that must have been what happened to you and felt bad for you.

Dogs. Still better n people.

I understand some real reverence for the dog, but it just looks silly like that.

Also, this happened in Braintree Village, the most Section 8 development in Braintree.

ridiculous
Ah yes so crazy, right? A dog who was chosen to be a K9 and lost his life ON THE JOB.

Not sure if sarcasm or ignorance.

If it's the latter, the AFT would love to interview you.

I understand some real reverence for the dog, but it just looks silly like that.

Also, this happened in Braintree Village, the most Section 8 development in Braintree.

Silly? Do you have a dog?

My dog is part of my family. She is fiercely loyal to me and a protector of my wife and 7 month old. I know she would rip someone’s throat out if they entered our home to do my family harm. She sleeps in front of the door of my sons room every night. I’d rather have her around than 90% of the humans I interact with.

Obligatory dog picture.
599041AF-0605-4748-ACDA-97740B6550E9.jpeg

The dog did not give his last full measure of devotion to his country, his state, or his municipality. He gave it to his owner. Kitt was a good boy.

The dog did not swear an oath as such, to defend this nation, to defend the Constitution, or to serve and protect his community. He followed the instructions of his owner. Kitt, again, was a good boy.

The dog did not understand the concept of any devotion but to that of his owner.

The covering of him with this nation's flag is wholly inappropriate because the dog was incapable of grasping the concept of why this nation is worth upholding in the first place.

Love your dog. Every one of them deep down wants to be a good boy, and deserves affection and praise. Pay this dog respect. Bury him with honors. But realize his devotion to one person is something beneath the willingness to defend the idea.

Keep the flag that drapes over the men and women who have died to defend what it represents- and actually understand what it means, off. Soldiers die in distant lands and close because they've sworn the oath. Some in their final moments may be intentionally giving their life for another, but they were put in that position because of duty to the nation, full well knowing they may be asked to make that trade as part of the deal. Kitt didn't. Doesn't mean his devotion to his handler was any less, but it does mean he shouldn't be placed under that cloth.

The only good news is that the son of a bitch who did it is dead. I'm glad I became a firefighter instead of a police officer. In situations like that, I think professionalism would have gone right out the window.
In which case you shouldn't be a "professional" and shouldn't cash the paycheck.
I mean, so if, as you say, you're a firefighter and called to the scene of a burning (choose one): BLM Headquarters/Mosque known for training radical violent Muslims/Bus full of Left-wing Liberal Lunatics/House in a ghetto that's a known drug den and hangout for violent criminals/etc etc etc, you, as a trained and sworn professional should and would...let it burn???

Just sayin'

Last edited:
The dog did not give his last full measure of devotion to his country, his state, or his municipality. He gave it to his owner. Kitt was a good boy.

The dog did not swear an oath as such, to defend this nation, to defend the Constitution, or to serve and protect his community. He followed the instructions of his owner. Kitt, again, was a good boy.

The dog did not understand the concept of any devotion but to that of his owner.

The covering of him with this nation's flag is wholly inappropriate because the dog was incapable of grasping the concept of why this nation is worth upholding in the first place.

Love your dog. Every one of them deep down wants to be a good boy, and deserves affection and praise. Pay this dog respect. Bury him with honors. But realize his devotion to one person is something beneath the willingness to defend the idea.

Keep the flag that drapes over the men and women who have died to defend what it represents- and actually understand what it means, off. Soldiers die in distant lands and close because they've sworn the oath. Some in their final moments may be intentionally giving their life for another, but they were put in that position because of duty to the nation, full well knowing they may be asked to make that trade as part of the deal. Kitt didn't. Doesn't mean his devotion to his handler was any less, but it does mean he shouldn't be placed under that cloth.
If, when she someday passes away, our esteemed Veep Kamala effin-Harris is gonna get a full state/military style burial etc etc with our nation's flag displayed on the scene, etc etc??... then that police dog deserves MUCH MORE honor and respect than some un-American see you next Tuesday does....(and I'm not hijacking the thread to turn it political, blah blah blah.. I'm simply "Just sayin"...)

Just sayin'

If, when she someday passes away, our esteemed Veep Kamala effin-Harris is gonna get a full state/military style burial etc etc with the American flag displayed on the scene, etc etc??... then that police dog deserves MUCH MORE honor and respect than some un-American see you next Tuesday does.

The dog was un-American because he didn't know what America is.

214d810222ed73f57dbdf5b7eb6719a5.gif

The west has an odd relationship with dogs. People will often project human behavior and values on to them and treat them like pseudo children.

indeed, dogs are much better than most children and absolutely better than any of adults. "the more i learn people - the more i adore dogs".

Off topic but watch this dog playing Connect Four. Watch for the dog to glance up hoping his owner has not noticed he has three in a row. An intelligent dog is like a three or four year old human child in a highly functioning four legged body. If one good thing comes out of the 21st Century, I'd like the human race to recognize and respect animal consciousness.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErhLy10nFq4

Last edited:
My dog is part of my family. She is fiercely loyal to me and a protector of my wife and 7 month old. I know she would rip someone’s throat out if they entered our home to do my family harm. She sleeps in front of the door of my sons room every night. I’d rather have her around than 90% of the humans I interact with.

Obligatory dog picture.
View attachment 489522
Nice pooch!
06/29/2021 night on A&E watch the new show on dogs that saved people!

Last edited:
Ah yes so crazy, right? A dog who was chosen to be a K9 and lost his life ON THE JOB.

Not sure if sarcasm or ignorance.

If it's the latter, the AFT would love to interview you.

Silly? Do you have a dog?
I don't now but have had plenty. I am a dog person who has a number of amazing dog stories. If the handler wasn't shot (don't know) he probably would have just preferred carrying the dog out himself. I didnt really have super strong feelings when I made my original post, I'm just saying it looks a little silly, and I think over the top.

I love dogs, they are selfless, brave, and always looking to please, unlike virtually all humans. But I have an eight year old son. If I had to choose between the life of my son or the lives of every single dog on the planet I would choose my son.

Key word: chosen. Not chose. The dog doesn't understand the difference between being "on the job" and being allowed to roam free on a farm so long as his owner is pleased with him.

That cop in Worcester yesterday made a life altering decision to enter law enforcement as a career, and all the responsibilities and risks that entailed.

The dog got picked.

That's the difference.

The dog was murdered doing what he was trained to do in the service of his community. Plenty of humans make the ultimate sacrifice without realizing the consequences of there actions. It doesn’t diminish the price they paid and the sacrifice they made.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Key word: chosen. Not chose. The dog doesn't understand the difference between being "on the job" and being allowed to roam free on a farm so long as his owner is pleased with him.

That cop in Worcester yesterday made a life altering decision to enter law enforcement as a career, and all the responsibilities and risks that entailed.

The dog got picked.

That's the difference.
Yes, so it wasn't his choice. You could almost say "drafted."

So the dog deserves every single commendation a human officer would get.

The dog was murdered doing what he was trained to do in the service of his community. Plenty of humans make the ultimate sacrifice without realizing the consequences of there actions. It doesn’t diminish the price they paid and the sacrifice they made.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

And some people look at me funny when I tell them I'm not a fan of anybody in general.

All the argumentative whining about the flag and shit is why dogs are better than humans.

Show some decency and respect or just shut the f*** up. Not that difficult.

The dog got picked.

That's the difference.
He was drafted, and still did his duty.
He took the bullets that were meant for the other members of his pack.

Back
Top Bottom