• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club

I know it's a new system, reach out with an email and I bet it's rectified in short order
Even the old system was subject to human error. When you are processing 5-7K members, it's a challenge to be 100% accurate. One year my badge didn't work but my Wife's badge worked . . . we always paid with one check with both badge numbers in the notes section. Another year Eric claimed that I didn't pay. In both cases, a scan copy of the check in an Email fixed the problem.

Anyone else that paid dues online getting notices that they didn’t pay their dues?
It's why I always screen shot any online payment(although I've never had to use it and I'm sure the photoshop gurus could fake it if they wanted).

Although I'm not sure a payment would be necessary(at least wrt outdoor ranges), the last few times I've been the entrance gate has been wide open(Tues. this week and IIRC Thurs. last week).

Just joined today - the new member orientation was great and everyone seems nice. I like the bright lights in the old indoor range, and hope that the new range will brighten up over time. What is everyone’s favorite range? Any tips for a good time to catch an RO for the outdoor range?

An older fellow that was also in the orientation and I were enjoying the new range afterwards when he decided it was a good idea to walk over to the trash with his revolver, empty the casings into the trash, and then walk by me while pointing it at me. I yelled at him explaining what was wrong and how it wasn’t safe. Afterwards I felt bad as he is over twice my age. At the same time… it was no less than 1 hour earlier when they walked through the rules.

See you on the range!

Hey. Yes, new lights in old range are a nice upgrade. Old range is shorter, so your call if distance is a big deal for you. Bathrooms are nicer in new building too
For the past year+, most mornings you can have either range to pretty much to yourself.
Guy dumping brass into trash can?
1. what you described with his handling is obviously not cool.
2. Brass goes in bins, the brass scavengers will take it away.
3. RO coverage can be hit or miss. Sometimes if nobody is shooting, they hang out in new range big room. Can always check there if sign is up at entrance after 12pm. ROs are all volunteers, so they can be gaps in coverage for sure.
4. If no RO available, plan B is pick one of the indoor ranges, handguns and .22 long guns only per rules.
Welcome. Glad they are holding new member orientations again.

Any chance that I can schedule a walkthrough? I've called, I tried to swing by & that was a no-go. What is the best way to get a tour of the facility to see if I wish to join? Thanks!

Any chance that I can schedule a walkthrough? I've called, I tried to swing by & that was a no-go. What is the best way to get a tour of the facility to see if I wish to join? Thanks!
It was 1998, but I just stopped in the club back on a Sunday morning and spoke with the first person I saw. He gave me a thorough tour and answered all my questions. I was a member for 20 yrs and only left after buying a house in NH. It's a great club. There are rules (online, so read them first) and as long as you can live with those rules it is a great club.

Ok. Should I park in the adjacent parking lot & walk on the property or..? Thanks for your advice.
The adjacent parking lot belongs to the condo complex who hates that BR&P exists. They have threatened to tow and bitched to the club president when people parked there for the club. If the gate is down, park to the right before the gate and walk in.

So are you all set with someone to show you around? I’d be available tomorrow, Friday afternoon, thru Monday. And parking on the side of that small road is weird. Just meet at a specific time then call/text/PM/shout loudly and have them open the gate for you.
If you’re available Saturday morning. I’d like to meet you. I’ll pm you to find a convenient time for you. I appreciate the offer.

So are you all set with someone to show you around? I’d be available tomorrow, Friday afternoon, thru Monday. And parking on the side of that small road is weird. Just meet at a specific time then call/text/PM/shout loudly and have them open the gate for you.
I have to give Compooky a shout out. What a class act. He met up w/ me, showed me around the club & we shot together. Thank you very much, I will be joining & I already have a buddy at the club.

Thanks a lot, Compooky! 🙂

Brought two family members yesterday (yes, I got permission) and had a great time indoors and outdoors with them. Shoutout to the range officers who were very friendly and helpful. Was a bit bummed the middle range was down for maintenance but the plinking and pistol range was a blast.

A Ricochet that comes straight back towards the shooter from a steel plate at 25 yards doesn't have much energy,....... about the same as throwing it by hand, harmless......no reason to close the range.

A Ricochet that comes straight back towards the shooter from a steel plate at 25 yards doesn't have much energy,....... about the same as throwing it by hand, harmless......no reason to close the range.
At about 10 yards, it has enough energy to pierce the skin and lodge inside the face. Saw it happen once, drove the shooter to the hospital not knowing there was 16.5 gr PB in his lip - I had told him "better get to the ER to get that treated so you don't get a scar that makes you even more ugly".

Back
Top Bottom