• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Breaking News: Gov. Patrick's Bill Stalled - UPDATE POST 193

From Jim Wallace:

Breaking News on Gov's Bill

According to two separate articles from the State House News Service the House voted to send the Governor's gun bill to the Judiciary Committee, but the Senate voted to send it to the Public Safety Committee. Unless the two can agree on where to put it the bill stands in limbo for now! Could it be that your calls and emails to the legislature have been heard?

Last edited:
Yep, saw that on FB; my comment was: Sounds like maybe a way out of it without backpedaling? That's good news for now

From Jim Wallace:

Breaking News on Gov's Bill

According to two separate articles from the State House News Service the House voted to send the Governor's gun bill to the Judiciary Committee, but the Senate voted to send it to the Public Safety Committee. Unless the two can agree on where to put it the bill stands in limbo for now! Could it be that your calls and emails to the legislature have been heard?

This is good on it's face value but it needs to be voted on and denounced for the Anti-2A crap that it is. IMHO.

Re: Breaking News: Gov. Patrick's Bill Stalled

So I can buy an AR for $700 again?

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

Re: Breaking News: Gov. Patrick's Bill Stalled

Yeah, well, this is no time to let down our guard. The grabbers aren't done yet.

Take names. Don't let them squirm out of it next election cycle.

somebody who understands how the MA legislature works, what is the impact of this news? How long until the two houses come to an agreement on where to send it?

33689789.jpg

This is good on it's face value but it needs to be voted on and denounced for the Anti-2A crap that it is. IMHO.

No, the last thing we want is for this to go to the floor of either the House or the Senate. It's much better for a bill to die early, even before it's assigned to a committee. The next best thing is for it to be sent to a study.

If we are going to be effective in opposing these bills, we need to learn the process. That's what Jim Wallace does and it's what anyone who wants to be effective has to do.

I have emailed my state reps and even emailed the gov's office expressing my disgust for what he is proposing. I got the typical standard response probably like everyone else got. Ill keep contacting them!!!

With any luck, never. Then the bill will never come up for consideration anywhere in the General Court.

somebody who understands how the MA legislature works, what is the impact of this news? How long until the two houses come to an agreement on where to send it?

- - - Updated - - -

I have emailed my state reps and even emailed the gov's office expressing my disgust for what he is proposing. I got the typical standard response probably like everyone else got. Ill keep contacting them!!!

Don't email. Call or send a real letter. Emails are the least effective form of communication as far as the legislators are concerned.

Back
Top Bottom