• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Breaking News: Gov. Patrick's Bill Stalled - UPDATE POST 193

Last I heard, they referred it to these folks. Until very recently, no members were listed. Now there are two. I'll send off my letters to these guys tomorrow if it's still sitting with them. Let's fill their mailboxes.

Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security

ETA: actually, it looks like there's five names listed, three are below.

I have sent letters to Senate Chair Timilty and still haven't rcvd a reply

Breaking News: Gov. Patrick's Bill Stalled

We just need to keep mailing. These idiots need to know 2A spans all political affiliations and creeds. Our founding fathers are rolling in their graves right now. We need to do everything we can.

I have sent letters to Senate Chair Timilty and still haven't rcvd a reply

He's rated A+ by GOAL and is endorsed by them. Moore and Welch are also A rated by GOAL. So, hopefully this bodes well. Diaz is rated F and Clark is rated C.

It's still important to call, email and write though.

For those of you who use facebook, like their facebook pages and comment about the bills going before their committee.

- - - Updated - - -

For those of you who use facebook, like their facebook pages and comment about the bills going before their committee.

He's rated A+ by GOAL and is endorsed by them. Moore and Welch are also A rated by GOAL. So, hopefully this bodes well. Diaz is rated F and Clark is rated C.

How does Clark get a C? She co-sponsored Linksy's insane bill. F-

I have been pinging my reps on this repeatedly. Creem and Peisch are a tough combo.
If this goes through I will start looking for jobs in Texas. I won't be able to take it anymore.

When you click on that link, it doesn't say any bills are currently in committee??? Anyone know if Linsky's piece of shit was sent to committee yet? We need to hammer the committee members once these bills get there.

There are NO committees to consider any bills until the members are appointed. Spoke with my State Rep earlier this week, Senate made appointments last week and House planned on doing their appointments by the end of this week. Once they are all seated, their respective chairpeople will set a pecking order for the bills sent to them and start scheduling discussion and public hearing dates. Until all that happens, nothing moves anywhere.

A staffer at the state house gave me a good piece of advice. When these bills come up for a public hearing, it may be difficult for everyone to get in and be heard. For that reason, he said to submit written testimony at the hearing. The protocol is supposed to be that these will be collected during the hearing.

So, we might want to organized to produce these, collect them and hand them in.

Last edited:
I looked up the Goal ratings in case anyone else is curious:
Senate Chair James Timilty-A+
Senate Vice Chair-Michael O. Moore-A
Senate member-Chang-Diaz-F
Senate member-The honorable James T Welch-A
Senate member-POS Clark-C (deserves an F for cosponsoring Linky's bill)
Senate member-The honorable Richard Ross-A+

House Chair-Harold P. Naughton, Jr-A+
House Vice Chair-NR
House Member-Sean Curran-B
House Member-Linda Campbell-D
House Member-James J. Dwyer-B
House Member-Alan Silvia-D
House Member-David T. Vieira-A+
House Member-Cleon H. Turner-B
House Member-Brian M. Ashe-NR
House Member-Brian R. Mannal-NR
House Member-Nicholas A. Boldyga-A

I will be writing each and every name on the above list both a letter and email. In addition to stating my personal views, I'll be sure to remind them of the drop in polls Coumo recently took and the litigation the state of NY is facing. The only thing politicians really believe in is getting re-elected.

according to the original post, the bill was either going to the Judiciary Committee or the Public Safety committee. I haven't seen any updates on that right now.

I looked up the Goal ratings in case anyone else is curious:
Senate Chair James Timilty-A+
Senate Vice Chair-Michael O. Moore-A
Senate member-Chang-Diaz-F
Senate member-The honorable James T Welch-A
Senate member-POS Clark-C (deserves an F for cosponsoring Linky's bill)
Senate member-The honorable Richard Ross-A+

House Chair-Harold P. Naughton, Jr-A+
House Vice Chair-NR
House Member-Sean Curran-B
House Member-Linda Campbell-D
House Member-James J. Dwyer-B
House Member-Alan Silvia-D
House Member-David T. Vieira-A+
House Member-Cleon H. Turner-B
House Member-Brian M. Ashe-NR
House Member-Brian R. Mannal-NR
House Member-Nicholas A. Boldyga-A

I will be writing each and every name on the above list both a letter and email. In addition to stating my personal views, I'll be sure to remind them of the drop in polls Coumo recently took and the litigation the state of NY is facing. The only thing politicians really believe in is getting re-elected.

any info on kegislation or are you guessing it will happen, I'm guessing

that it will.

Coyote33 made a great point, which is this:

Type up your written testimony and share them (preferably in the green forum). This way we can review them and make sure that we cover all aspects of these ridiculous bills.

Back
Top Bottom