• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Breaking News: Gov. Patrick's Bill Stalled - UPDATE POST 193

Nice. And my the four letters from my family don't get postmarked until tomorrow.

I'd say the 'few hundred' at the State House might have been noticed.

But, I wouldn't start filling in those holes in the back yard just yet. The war is *far* from over.

My contention is that the whole bill is not getting enough attention. I fear that the ignorance that is prevalent in MA today is almost too much to surmount with satisfaction of dying bills.
Far too many people that I have spoken with or written to had no idea about the difference between this bill and the president's PR show.

If this dies will all the people that are up in arms going to maintain the same momentum? I truly pray that they do.
Together all 2A supporters could affect the same outcome of future bills as this one.
BUT what scares me is that a bill 'from out of thin air' gets more support before we get a chance to see it.

Obviously the past couple of weeks of staunch PRO 2A support has helped with this bill but what if this was introduced without all the backlash of the president's stunt?

I fear the risk associated with both possibilities.

Absolutely on target. We've got to keep up the pressure.

From Jim Wallace:

Breaking News on Gov's Bill

According to two separate articles from the State House News Service the House voted to send the Governor's gun bill to the Judiciary Committee, but the Senate voted to send it to the Public Safety Committee. Unless the two can agree on where to put it the bill stands in limbo for now! Could it be that your calls and emails to the legislature have been heard?

What is the REAL difference between the Judiciary Committee and the Public Safety Committee. It was still voted on and referred to a committee by the House and Senate. Am I missing something here? Meaning they are not killing the bill, all they need to do is agree on which committee to send it to correct? Which one is better? Are there committee members yet?

Sorry for all the questions, but we need to stay informed and on top of this. Hell I didnt even know it was being addressed by the House and Senate.

If it doesn't die and ends up on one committee or the other, we will have to be relentless in contacting the members of that particular committee letting them know that we are opposed to it. I had not contacted my reps yet and was waiting to see which committee it ended up on so that I could contact them. If it went further than that, I would then make sure that I spoke directly to my reps to convince them this is not the right thing. We cannot let our guard down. If you have not joined GOAL please do, they are the ones day in and day out that are keeping tabs on any developments and help to file legislation on our behalf regularly.

GOAL's Listing of 2013 Legislation

From Jim Wallace:

Breaking News on Gov's Bill

According to two separate articles from the State House News Service the House voted to send the Governor's gun bill to the Judiciary Committee, but the Senate voted to send it to the Public Safety Committee. Unless the two can agree on where to put it the bill stands in limbo for now! Could it be that your calls and emails to the legislature have been heard?

Last edited:
Good news. I stand corrected in saying calling and emailing was a waste of time. Great job one and all.

This is good but don't let up. We still have that a$$hole Linsky's bill to deal with.

Maybe with the momentum we have, we can actually gain ground.

I really wonder if this last round of things.. The calling letters, threats of all the tax hikes have actually got these reps to somewhat wake up that their do nothing jobs could actually be somewhat in question.

It would be wonderful if this actually served as a wake up call that there is the slight possibility that 80%+ will just not automatically pull the lever for anybody with a D after their name.

I can dream, right?

Governor Patrick will launch another wave of assault on people's right. You can count on it. What else is on his agenda?!

Ban ***assault politicians***

Governor Patrick will launch another wave of assault on people's right. You can count on it. What else is on his agenda?!

Ban ***assault politicians***

THIS- That low life scum sucking turd isn't done yet and neither is mumbles!

This is good on it's face value but it needs to be voted on and denounced for the Anti-2A crap that it is. IMHO.

No doubt.

These crapweasels need to learn they can't just throw turds at the wall and see what sticks on this or any other bill for that matter

Screw them.

- - - Updated - - -

I have 4 letters that I was sending out tomorrow keeping the pressure up

RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.

In about 6 months after they fill the backorders!

Which will be how many years from now?? I heard that manufacturers are looking at at least a full year to get caught up. More likely complete guns are going to be 1-3 years out if you ordered now. You could get lucky, but I wouldn't bank on it. There should still be rifles available, but don't expect the availability we had six months ago for at least a few years. Rather sickening how the moonbats have done this to us. I just hope to be able to get the parts to build up at least a couple more uppers over the next several months.

Back
Top Bottom