Brilliant dad. NOT!!

Last edited:
I see it an opposite way, if Eddie Eagle had been taught in the schools, the kids would have known not to touch a firearm. OR if the kids had been instructed in the proper use of firearms, AND knew how deadly one is, this may not have occured. He's blaming an inanimate object for the curiosity of a teenage boy

Dix’s family sued the pistol maker, arguing the Beretta company knew about safer designs it could have engineered into its pistol that might have warned Mark the gun was loaded, or stopped him from pulling the trigger.

WATYOUSAY???

I get it. You go to pull the trigger in 1994 and a voice comes out and says "DANGER WILL ROBINSON - THIS FIREARM IS LOADED!! WARNING!"

FWIW, depending on the model year, assuming this is a 92FS, the extractor is painted RED as a. . . . . loaded chamber indicator. Hmmmm.

WATYOUSAY???

I get it. You go to pull the trigger in 1994 and a voice comes out and says "DANGER WILL ROBINSON - THIS FIREARM IS LOADED!! WARNING!"

FWIW, depending on the model year, assuming this is a 92FS, the extractor is painted RED as a. . . . . loaded chamber indicator. Hmmmm.
Loaded chamber indicator, that shit only works if the person holding the firearm has an IQ above 100 and can visualize what the Red Dot actually means

I do believe that is one of the four primary rules...

Assuming persons follow'em, this shite won't happen
Yup. Fortunately the rules are pretty straightforward. But, in this case, tragically, not well taught as the teenager obviously had some knowledge of the gun worked, but was ignorant if the basic rules (or chose not to follow them.) I do think as parents we really need to hammer the rules though.

When guns were part of daily life in America, including schools, there were few shootings, and the need to show off would not exist. Unfortunately, Hollywood owns "the gun" and uses it to extract money from parents and lives from kids who fall to their "guns are cool" fetish.

Wanna solve the problem of gun violence? Easy as 1-2-3:

1) Make Hollywood liable for fetishizing guns. Let Hollywood start making better storylines than "good guy's family is endangered/killed by evil guy/alien/thing. Good guy gets pissed, gets a gun, and kills everything around him)". Lazy MF'ers who don't care that what they do kills
2) Institute MANDATORY gun education in schools. Starting with lower grades where kids learn about safety(Eddie Eagle is already in existence!) all the way up to high school. Safety, respect, and proficiency: this is what firearm education teaches!
3) Stop prosecuting those who are good people and focus on the evil ones instead.

Today's kids are just stupid. I knew how to get into the locked case where my dad had a pistol. Ammo was in the same case. I also KNEW that it was a dangerous item if improperly used. I read the manual carefully. Even though I had kids that harrassed me in school and would have loved to use it on them, I also KNEW that I would be in deep $#!+ legally, and that my grandfather would have royally kicked my ass.

Today's kids are just stupid. I knew how to get into the locked case where my dad had a pistol. Ammo was in the same case. I also KNEW that it was a dangerous item if improperly used. I read the manual carefully. Even though I had kids that harrassed me in school and would have loved to use it on them, I also KNEW that I would be in deep $#!+ legally, and that my grandfather would have royally kicked my ass.
Same here. Grew up with a Remington 700 ADL in .30/06, Ithaca 37 12 gauge and a JC Higgins bolt-action .22 that Dad owned. They were kept in a hallway closet with ammo in a steel military surplus .50 caliber ammo can on the top shelf. Was told not to touch any of it without Moms or Dads permission. Never had a problem. Neither did my younger sister. Eddie Eagle hadn't been born yet.

I see it an opposite way, if Eddie Eagle had been taught in the schools, the kids would have known not to touch a firearm. OR if the kids had been instructed in the proper use of firearms, AND knew how deadly one is, this may not have occured. He's blaming an inanimate object for the curiosity of a teenage boy
He's blaming an inanimate object for his failure as a parent.

This is the kind of gun safety education kids should be getting in school.

View: https://youtu.be/84zHIdqbNWM

note all the muzzle swiping. oh my god, old merica ROs would freak out right there. and no chamber flags neither.

and no one gets killed, somehow. may be because no one pulled the trigger with a live round in a chamber? but how is it possible, with no chamber flags? go figure.

yep, i did the same at that age, it is everywhere down there. and next step is the same blindfolded. damn barbarians with their damn aks...

The best article on keeping kids safe around guns.

Years ago, I had an underbarrel lever cocking air rifle like the one in the right corner of that photo. The first shots that my son and daughter ever fired were from that rifle. It was some cheap Chinese job that I mail ordered back in the late 1980s but it worked fine for many years. My kids learned gun safety firsthand by actually handling them under supervised conditions.

Back
Top Bottom