Preban or not

I feel Carl prices his Glocks slightly higher than other shops. The customer can decide for themselves.

I heard, I swear I never did this when living there, that if you can find a place that sells mag parts you just might be able assemble a mag that holds more than ten rounds. And the price, I'm told, is quite reasonable.

Or visit another state where you can buy them literally at a gas station.

What kind of prebans are we talking about? Steel AR can be had for less than $40, Orlite less than $20. You can get AKs for less than $20. HK for less than $10

What kind of prebans are we talking about? Steel AR can be had for less than $40, Orlite less than $20. You can get AKs for less than $20. HK for less than $10

All of that is true but do you know what Arbitrage is?

Arbitrage = a piece of shit NFML glock mag in a junk bin in FreestateUSAWhereverTinbuck4, gun shop, is not worth the same as the same thing in a display case in an MA gun shop with retarded pant shitters standing in front of it.

Not rocket science. It's like buying a used snowblower in a desert region during the summer will probably be way cheaper than buying the same thing here in Feb when they have a Blizzard forecast for the coming weekend....

I honestly find that people are afraid to keep their money. We already have horrible laws, but we also have too many opportunistic hustlers and those who are just following along.

I’m quite sure if we stopped feeding into it, that the prices will eventually draw closer to ‘reasonable’.

#justmyopinion

Any handgun magazine over $100 is nuts, preban or not….stop it!

Any m16 over a $1000 is nuts, preban or not…. Stop it!

If you wanna play you got to pay or be willing to maybe get yourself jammed up… because $40 over the factory price for a pre-band mag is definitely a rip off compared to paying all the lawyers.

Some prebans are cheaper than others - don't want to spend Glock prices in state? Go with Beretta, S&W third gen, or Sig instead. Or be smarter and don't buy prebans in state.

Also, if you complain about preban prices, don't ever get a C&R license. There are 6- and 8-rd mags for some of my .22lr C&R guns that cost way more than preban Glock prices.

This thread is like people complaining about guns they wish were on the roster.

Anyone who has been in MA for long enough has seen glock preban prices go from $30 to $150. It took some time...

Glock 19 mags are the most expensive as its the most common/popular glock out there. Typically Square notch go for 2x u-notch. The ratio of available mags would demand a 5x difference in price but there seems to be SOME resistance to insane pricing.

Back in say 2005 or so they were $30, maybe $40 at "that shop" for u-notch. in 2020 when covid hit I had ~60 of them in the shop selling at $90 a piece. They were a slow seller but would go out the door maybe one or two a week. April of 2020 with the liberals tearing Seattle and Portland and every other shithole to pieces combined with the lockdowns starting for Covid, they all went out the door in a single week. POOF.

I have not tried to stock them since. The typical gunstore price for u-notch seems to be running $125-$150 a piece and double that for square notch. Most shops I know that have them dont have them because they sell pretty much instantly. That says the price is "low" because likely someone will pay more if they were available.

They are 30+ years old. They crack. They all crack eventually. They are just not worth dealing in anymore. But some people are still doing the legwork to get them from free states and sell them here at a good markup. People are still willing to pay more and more every day for them. The prices NEVER go down.

Capitalism is a great system. A fool and his money are easily parted.

I honestly find that people are afraid to keep their money. We already have horrible laws, but we also have too many opportunistic hustlers and those who are just following along.

I’m quite sure if we stopped feeding into it, that the prices will eventually draw closer to ‘reasonable’.

#justmyopinion

The prices are only a 2nd order effect from horrible laws. The first order cause is limited supply.

Higher prices for scarcer product is “reasonable” in every single market.

If you’ll notice, AR and Beretta M9 preban mags are MUCH cheaper than square notch Glock mags. That is because there are far more of them.

As for opportunistic hustlers, maybe some sellers. But the opportunistic people I see are the ones scouring free states for cheap pre-ban mags and then selling them in MA. Not only does this give us more selection in-state, but also helps flatten the price inflation, these “opportunistic hustlers” are very helpful to us. And they get paid for their time scouring the free states.

Back in say 2005 or so they were $30, maybe $40 at "that shop" for u-notch. in 2020 when covid hit I had ~60 of them in the shop selling at $90 a piece. They were a slow seller but would go out the door maybe one or two a week. April of 2020 with the liberals tearing Seattle and Portland and every other shithole to pieces combined with the lockdowns starting for Covid, they all went out the door in a single week. POOF.

In 2005 I imagine there were a lot coming from other states, due to the AWB sunset in 2004.

Back
Top Bottom