build-n-ar program

yet another reason i wish i lived in florida! this sounds like fun.
"It's $850 for the class, but at the end of the day, you'll have a Spike's ST-15 M4 Carbine, carrying case, all the tools you need (punches, light hammer, armorer's blocks, etc.) to build another one. But the best part is that you'll have the knowledge of how to build it the right way and things to avoid during the build."
build-n-ar-full.png

I would sign up for this (locally) in a heartbeat. A nice Saturday afternoon project....mmmmm Group Buy maybe?

a spikes tactical ar with all those accessories for that price is a steal. plus the knowledge and do-it-yourself pride makes it worth even more. the massified spikes i am STILL (8 weeks) waiting for cost me more than that!

Maybe we could do a group buy and fly this guy up here to do something like this up here. I have a big conference room at my work we could use with a full shop. I would be up or this. If we could get this guy up here for the cost of the plane ticket plus some I think it would be well worth it.

I have thought about doing this. The problem is the space and set up. We have the space at Remsport, the big problem is 8 to 10 benches with a vise on each.
It is still an idea to look into. If you like this type of program please give me your thoughts and feed back about this.
John
413 579 1994

This. read what you're getting. A2 sight, carbine handguard, not the rail setup in the picture, or the flare launcher.

It's still a great deal. Try getting an AR with the tools alone for the price. Going to the class and building it with other people as a fun project is a bonus too.

I noticed a separate $600./$250 payment. My guess is $600 for parts and $250 paid separately for the class. Looks like a decent enough deal. I paid $250 (or maybe it was $200) for my AR15 armorer's course, and I would have gladly paid an extra $600 to end up with a basic AR out of the deal.

There was an AR 'build day' last year (March or April?). Some people came with lowers and uppers to build, others came with tools and advice. It seemed like everyone had a good time, and folks got the help they needed. If I recall correctly edin508 set it up at his club.

If a class/build could be setup with (say Remsport as an example) maybe they could offer upgrades or options onsite that you could substitute for an additional fee (different handguards/rails/stocks etc). Obviously whoever would run this would need some pretty good resources at their diposal.
I would book a Saturday and up to $1200ish for a build class. If anyone starts a headcount for a feeler at some point you can count me in.

I would be in as well. Full day class that runs me through the build would be outstanding. Parts everything included.

Sent from my rooted Nook Color!

This is a good idea except for one thing.......you can't really shop around for the parts you want. With the class like this to make a profit the rifles are going to be the likes of dpms and Olympic quality. So far on my AR I'm at 180$ for a complete lower with everything I want. I know most aren't gonna run their guns hard but still I for one want a rifle that's quailty. Now a build class where people show up with the gear they want would be a lot better.

This is a good idea except for one thing.......you can't really shop around for the parts you want. With the class like this to make a profit the rifles are going to be the likes of dpms and Olympic quality. So far on my AR I'm at 180$ for a complete lower with everything I want. I know most aren't gonna run their guns hard but still I for one want a rifle that's quailty. Now a build class where people show up with the gear they want would be a lot better.

Make it a BCM or Spikes 14.5 inch upper and bump the price just a bit. Still a great deal.

i think the best part is you are getting quality components & the TOOLS along with the KNOW HOW to do your own builds or mods for less than a lot of companies charge for an assembled AR.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only way this could work in MA is if either it is run at/by a dealer or if everyone brings their own parts?

I don't really know anything about AR's yet except that they consist of at least an upper and lower receiver.... which part has a serial number that you would register in MA?

How much would a decent AR "kit" cost, where I bought all the parts myself and assembled it myself?

I would most likely be in for an AR build day if it was <=$850.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only way this could work in MA is if either it is run at/by a dealer or if everyone brings their own parts?

I don't really know anything about AR's yet except that they consist of at least an upper and lower receiver.... which part has a serial number that you would register in MA?

How much would a decent AR "kit" cost, where I bought all the parts myself and assembled it myself?

I would most likely be in for an AR build day if it was <=$850.

This could be run at any place that had the proper space and tools.

The lower us the regulated part as it has the serial number on it.

As for the cost of parts, that entirely depends in what parts you get. An AR for under $900 is definitely doable.

This could be run at any place that had the proper space and tools.

The lower us the regulated part as it has the serial number on it.

As for the cost of parts, that entirely depends in what parts you get. An AR for under $900 is definitely doable.

yep. i'd even be interested in an similar class that offered that packaged the tools with a class where you bring your own ar and any upgrades that could be added.

Try looking at this from an instructors point of view. You want to run a class that shows the basic assembly of a M4 and 20 students show up with different parts. Though most of the parts will assemble the same, there are quad rails that assemble different from others, plus you know someone is going to show up with a piston kit. KISS

Or look at it this way...

Take the class, get the tools, learn the material and then sell the AR for $800 and you now have the tools and knowledge and certified for like $125.

Back
Top Bottom