• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Building an AR under Mass Compliancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on guy's I've been wanting to build a good quality build AR-15 and don't know were to start Everytime I look into something there is a problem and I don't want to get something off of someone considering I'm not to fond of what to look for if the firearm or part is bad I've went to stores and don't want to pay 2 grand for something I hear I can build for under a grand Is there a store or website that will help me get what I want whether it's a full AR or I can build my own
Thanks For the input

Eric Holder will send you one, just prove you’re an international narco-terrorist and voila, they’ll appear at your door...and 0bama may even throw in some pallets of unmarked bills...

If your budget is $1000 and you are trying to build/buy a mass compliant AR, I will say that is very unlikely to happen.

Only because ever since the Healy “ban” in 2016, the going rate for a “pre-healy” lower seems to be $6-800 and the going rate for a secondhand AR15 privately seems to be $1300-1800

If your budget is $1000 and you are trying to build/buy a mass complaint AR, I will say that is very unlikely to happen.

Only because ever since the Healy “ban” in 2016, the going rate for a “pre-healy” lower seems to be $6-800.
That's what I'm seeing Thanks

I am literally out of breath and ready for bed after reading your run on post. Best wishes, good night and hope you enjoy your AR. Please remember not to point it anybody.

What's going on guy's I've been wanting to build a good quality build AR-15 and don't know were to start Everytime I look into something there is a problem and I don't want to get something off of someone considering I'm not to fond of what to look for if the firearm or part is bad I've went to stores and don't want to pay 2 grand for something I hear I can build for under a grand Is there a store or website that will help me get what I want whether it's a full AR or I can build my own
Thanks For the input
If your budget is $1000 and you are trying to build/buy a mass compliant AR, I will say that is very unlikely to happen.

Only because ever since the Healy “ban” in 2016, the going rate for a “pre-healy” lower seems to be $6-800 and the going rate for a secondhand AR15 privately seems to be $1300-1800
f*** the pre Healey bullshit. All I can say is that TONS of people have built ARs (myself included) with post Healey lowers and no one has been prosecuted. Mainly because her enforcement notice isn’t law.
This dealer is selling Anderson lowers for $250 which is outrageous but dirt cheap compared to others selling (or asking anyway) them for $600+ And you don’t have many other options

Mass Firearms School is selling Anderson lowers for $49 but you have to sign an affidavit stating you will only build it into a 22lr AR....

f*** the pre Healey bullshit. All I can say is that TONS of people have built ARs (myself included) with post Healey lowers and no one has been prosecuted. Mainly because her enforcement notice isn’t law.
This dealer is selling Anderson lowers for $250 which is outrageous but dirt cheap compared to others selling (or asking anyway) them for $600+ And you don’t have many other options

Mass Firearms School is selling Anderson lowers for $49 but you have to sign an affidavit stating you will only build it into a 22lr AR....

You’re braver than I but I am aware people are doing this. Hypothetically speaking, do these people register these on the portal too upon completion?

Last edited:
You’re braver than I but I am aware people are doing this. Hypothetically speaking, do these people register these on the portal too upon completion?
It's the required by law to register on the portal within 7 days upon completion. Whether or not people are actually doing this, I don't know...up to you.

MGL 140 131M
Section 131M. No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess an assault weapon or a large capacity feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994. Whoever not being licensed under the provisions of section 122 violates the provisions of this section shall be punished, for a first offense, by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and for a second offense, by a fine of not less than $5,000 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than five years nor more than 15 years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.​
The provisions of this section shall not apply to: (i) the possession by a law enforcement officer; or (ii) the possession by an individual who is retired from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving such a weapon or feeding device from such agency upon retirement.​

MGL 140 121 (partial and formatted)
''Assault weapon'', shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, known as:​
(i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models);​
(ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;​
(iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC–70);​
(iv) Colt AR–15;​
(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR and FNC;​
(vi) SWD M–10, M–11, M–11/9 and M–12;​
(vi) Steyr AUG;​
(vii) INTRATEC TEC–9, TEC–DC9 and TEC–22; and​
(viii) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as, or similar to, the Street Sweeper and Striker 12​
provided, however, that the term assault weapon shall not include:​
(i) any of the weapons, or replicas or duplicates of such weapons, specified in appendix A to 18 U.S.C. section 922 as appearing in such appendix on September 13, 1994, as such weapons were manufactured on October 1, 1993;​
(ii) any weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action;​
(iii) any weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be designated a semiautomatic assault weapon;​
(iv) any weapon that was manufactured prior to the year 1899;​
(v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combination of available parts into an operable assault weapon;​
(vi) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition; or​
(vii) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.​

18 U.S.C. section 921(a) (30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994:
(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of—​
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;​
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;​
(iii) a bayonet mount;​
(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and​
(v) a grenade launcher;​
So build your AR.
  • If on a pre 13 sep 1994 lower, build it any way you want (abide by NFA)
  • If on a post 13 sep 1994 lower,
    • if colt, dont build
    • Otherwise abide by AWB and limit yourself to your pistol grip.
      • No flash hider or threaded barrel (pin/weld muzzle brake or crowned barrel)
      • fixed stock
      • no bayonet mount or grenade launcher
Then go shoot it and enjoy it.

Stop talking about press conferences from people with dimples that wanted a position in the government of President She-who-will-not-be-named

I cannot tell you how many individuals have legally built true mid-tier AR’s for 1000$ on the nose in the last two months. The level of disinformation on this thread let alone this forum is mind boggling especially when all you have to do is go to the WTS section to find lowers that don’t cost 800$ for an Anderson. Yes there are people selling pre-Healey for 1300$ (with the audacity to say they don’t even have papers to prove it!). Am I charging 250? Yep. They are selling faster than I can stock. That’s capitalism. I gotta eat too, but I used most those profits after paying the middle men required to get that stock to reinvest in more inventory to keep pumping more lowers to law abiding citizens. Savagery started with Anderson’s. Then aero and spikes. Now Noveske, Radian, LMT, Knights are offered. That is stuff that MA has never seen before let alone advertised legally. Join the movement. Get what you want, what you rightfully can have. Vote with your money and vote with your... vote.

Guys there is no Healey. For f***s sake just follow the actual law as it is written. Follow the AWB features list. Build out and register your firearm. Follow all laws! Press conferences aren’t laws. Your buddy in the NRA‘s advice isn’t law. Your best friends second cousin who is a local small town cop’s opinion isn’t law. We’ve heard it all. We have county sheriffs, BPD sergeants, state troopers come in all the time, I ask them point blank can you arrest these customers buying lowers? NOPE! For what infraction? Being a red blooded barrel chested freedom loving American?

After three months of complete public and economic lockdown (to prevent societal collapse) that we just got through peacefully we are now witnessing societal collapse anyways. What about anything that has occurred this year, with an election season quickly approaching, makes you want to continue to cow tow to fake non existent laws imposed by a politician who has no authority to make pass sign or enforce laws (who also says things like America is burning but that’s how forests grow). Healey is not the state house, she does not write or pass legislation. She is not the governor she does not sign Bills into laws. She’s not LEO she doesn’t have power of arrest. She’s not a DA she doesn’t prosecute. Stop living in abject pathetic fear and look at the bigger picture. You are actively giving your rights away with pleasure and then reaping the results we are seeing on the news daily.

When the mob comes to your store or house for your toilet paper and flat screen TVs do you want to defend little Tommy upstairs in bed or your families three generations of small business livelihood with some Fudd gun or fixed mag AR? Hold on rioters while I reload my over under shotgun or disassemble my AR to load 10 more rounds manually! NO! I want to slap a 30 round preban mag into that sucker and turn the front door into a fatal funnel choke point and stack bodies until they can no longer enter. My TP is for me and my families asses only. My HDTV is for my man cave whenever sports return. Oh those goons or covid zombies are coming in through the side door now? Guess what? Slapped a freshie 30 round mag in and painting the grass red!

You know what should be banned? Any mention of Healey ban. You want to talk Healey get the f*** out of my country and go live in a communist country, your cowardly weak spine would do better living there.

Last edited:
Guys there is no Healey. For f***s sake just follow the actual law as it is written. Follow the AWB features list. Build out and register your firearm. Follow all laws! Press conferences aren’t laws.

You know what should be banned? Any mention of Healey ban.
THIS!

So build your AR.
  • If on a pre 13 sep 1994 lower, build it any way you want (abide by NFA)
  • If on a post 13 sep 1994 lower,
    • if colt, dont build
    • Otherwise abide by AWB and limit yourself to your pistol grip.
      • No flash hider or threaded barrel (pin/weld muzzle brake or crowned barrel)
      • fixed stock
      • no bayonet mount or grenade launcher
Then go shoot it and enjoy it.

Stop talking about press conferences from people with dimples that wanted a position in the government of President She-who-will-not-be-named
and this

WRONG. READ ABOVE. My rant and crackpots intelligent post explain all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom