• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cabela's Ammo Thread (Availability, etc. )

I bought 500 rounds of 9mm Friday. They also had cans of federal 556.

No 22lr. This is all I was looking for, didn't look at anything else.

Scarborough has lots of 7.62x39Herters 20 rd boxes of 122gr for sale @6$ per box, and 154gr for 7.50 a box. a bunch of Herters 7.62x54 non corrosive for 13.00 for 20rds in 148gr

also some assorted top shelf 308 in either silver state armory or normaUSA in 150 and 168 gr flavors

I was in East Hartford this afternoon. Lots of 9mm bulk, 30-06 bulk, 7.62x39 and 51 Herters, and quite a bit of 5.56 and most pistol calibers. I picked up some Fed 45 ACP HST, but passed on the rest. No 22 LR, but Longs and Shorts (CCI).

The Scarborough store has good numbers of CCI .22, some 9mm, very little .380., very little 5.56, and an OK stock of .223. If I remember correctly the limits are 100 rounds of rimfire and 5 boxes of centerfire any qty. I didn't notice any bulk ammo but there may have been some. The G&A section was all rearranged since my last visit.

They do have a bunch of standard size genuine P mags at $17.99 for you free staters. No 10 rounders on the rack for us mere subjects of the Commonwealth. It was nice to see the shelves coming back to somewhat normal.

East Hartford Cabelas, plenty of 9mm, 22, 38 spcl, 45, 40 etc... havent seen it stocked this well in months, plus another shipment coming in Friday morning.

So, when do the new ammo laws kick in that prevents out of staters from buying ammo in MA? I gotta get down there at least once before then.

So, when do the new ammo laws kick in that prevents out of staters from buying ammo in MA? I gotta get down there at least once before then.

October i believe is the magic date. I couple months ago (give or take) i read online that it was october and called down there too and was told october.

Was at cabelas twice last week picked up some ammo, Tons of herters .223 and 7.62x39 30.30 .45 some 9mm didnt see any .22. but looks like its not flying off the shelves.

Just got back from Cabelas. Tons of ammo on the shelves. Lots of PMC 9mm, Speer 124g defensive (about a dozen boxes maybe more), lots of 40 and .45, .223 and a good amount of 308. Also got to score some 4064 powder but wasn't a lot of other decent powders. Picked up 500 rounds of Nosler 168g custom competition bullets. Reloading supplies were picked over but they did have primers for everything but LR. Was worth the trip.

Was at Cabelas in Scarbourough Maine yesterday and they had every caliber in stock except 22lr. Pricing was the same as online so nothing great but they have it if you need it.

Was at Cabelas in Scarbourough Maine yesterday and they had every caliber in stock except 22lr. Pricing was the same as online so nothing great but they have it if you need it.

Just got back a few hours ago, I ordered online and went to pick it up. The .308 was unlimited when I ordered and I grabbed the .40 at Kittery which the clerk told me was also unlimited in store.

9385775827_5f3fd51639_z.jpg

I can't wait for the Cabelas to be built here in Ma., then maybe [STRIKE=we]I[/STRIKE] we unfortunate ones here can start buying it online and having it shipped to our homes(given that taxes will be collected[which should kick in the door for others to ship here]).

Edit: Prices for the .308 was $26.99 and the .40 was $25.99. Being the first time in either store I just kind of stood there with my head was on a swivel trying to take it all of the glory that a free state offers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom