• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Calling all NES bikers...

...Bike Week is less than three months away...

It just happens to fall the week of June 10th through 18th.

I'm planning on taking Friday, June 16th off from work and heading up to Laconia for the day for Bike Week. Figure a stop at Loudon to demo some new Harleys and hit the HOG Pin Stop, then onto Laconia for the sights.

Knowing that many of my NES buddies are also bikers, I thought I'd toss it out for the group - anyone else want to join in the fun? We could either meet at a central location, or my house, or even at Loudon/Laconia (or a mix of all three if different folks want to join at different times.

I'd prefer to get a big group to head up - nothing quite like a dozen or so bikes heading up the highway to the rally...

So who's interested???

Last edited:
I don't have a bike anymore but I'd love to see the hill climb in Gilford. I lived in Alton,NH for 11 years and never made it even though I lived that close. I've seen home videos of it and it looked interesting.

I may be in for some action earlier in the week.
My plan is to hit Laconia for a day then head to VT (Mountpielier area) Fri. morning to meet up with a Triumph group at Camp Meade. Then it is the beautiful VT roads and some great twistie riding. It's sooo nice up there.

Hmm... tempting thought. Maybe this is the year that Canth and I finally get to ride up Mt Washington. Tried it a few years ago and got there just as they closed the mountain to bikes because of freezing rain at the top. [rolleyes]

Hopefully, depends on when I get around to finishing up the repairs I have, at least last week I finally got around to changing the battery :)

dwarven1 said:
Hmm... tempting thought. Maybe this is the year that Canth and I finally get to ride up Mt Washington. Tried it a few years ago and got there just as they closed the mountain to bikes because of freezing rain at the top. [rolleyes]
I have been up to the top of Mt. Washington a couple of times on the bike. OK, the only times I have been up there was on a bike [smile]
You may want to jet your carbs if you plan on riding in the mtns. allot this year. I saw allot of bikes having problems, kicking spitting stalling blowing clouds of smoke etc. trying to get to the top, I am lucky enough to have EFI so I didn't worry about it. I never realized it was such a hike to get to the top either. I did it a couple of times so now I'm all set and can scratch that off my do before I die list.
I would recommend going if you have never been either, its quite impressive.

edin508 said:
You may want to jet your carbs if you plan on riding in the mtns. allot this year.

Well, that's about the only time I plan on going above the timber line, so I'll just have to deal with it. Canth is an '86 R65 Beemer that I bought new... 20 years ago. I'd say celebrating his 20th birthday on top of Mt Washington would be just about right.

Ross

Ross,

Mt. Washington ride is Thursday the 15th. I'd be completely amenable to taking off Thursday and Friday and going up both days, mind you... :)

I can be reached via e-mail or PM for anyone to contact if we're seriously interested in getting a group together... I've gone the past two years (since I got my Electra Glide) and just have a great time (and I don't drink, as a rule...)

dwarven1 said:
Well, that's about the only time I plan on going above the timber line, so I'll just have to deal with it. Canth is an '86 R65 Beemer that I bought new... 20 years ago. I'd say celebrating his 20th birthday on top of Mt Washington would be just about right.

Ross

That would be very cool.

Jay G said:
Ross,

Mt. Washington ride is Thursday the 15th. I'd be completely amenable to taking off Thursday and Friday and going up both days, mind you... :)

given that my cheapskate boss does not offer me paid vaca time until NEXT year, I suspect that Friday is more likely... as I could then take the weekend off, too.

How many are coming up my way for the BMW National in July?

I won't be partaking on Loudon this year, my AT ends that Friday, but, I am planning on making it to C-Pher's.

Nickle said:

I won't be partaking on Loudon this year, my AT ends that Friday, but, I am planning on making it to C-Pher's.

Damn... I'd forgotten. Gotta get my renewal into BMWMOA!

Edit:
Renewal done. Damn, but I love the Internet!!

Last edited:
Nickle said:

I'm still up in the air about vacation time approval, but I hope to be at the MOA National. Nice to have it "local" for a change! What do you ride? I have a GS.

I stopped going up to Loudon when those worthless maroons at the AMA stopped bringing the big show. The oldest motorcycle race in the country and they couldn't work out a way to make it work. They did manage to build themselves a nice multi-million dollar HQ, though. [sad2] Who, me bitter? [rofl]

I ride an '01 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. I used to ride BMWs. Ross has actually seen me on one, my daughter's 92 K75S that I bought new, and later gave to her. She pulls a trailer with it.

Hey...just a thought here (and I know the weather isn't all that great, but...) iffn you guys want to ride - why not head up to Maine tomorrow to show support at that soldiers funeral that the scumbag zealots are going to be at???

Lynne said:
Hey...just a thought here (and I know the weather isn't all that great, but...) iffn you guys want to ride - why not head up to Maine tomorrow to show support at that soldiers funeral that the scumbag zealots are going to be at???

Bike's still away for winter storage. Picking it up in a week... Plus my wife is working this weekend. Otherwise I'd be going.

Lynne said:
Oh cripes Ross....still??? You poor thing.

Just picked up my SECOND set of custom orthotics - I think the first set was contributing to the problem. [rolleyes] It's getting better... slowly. But as the footpegs sit right under the arch, and that's where some of the pain is... I'd rather not ride for a while.

If I could find floorboards for a 20 year old beemer that only sold 4000 units, I'd go for them; I suspect that they'd help. But I've looked for years and never seen any, so...

Just have to be patient and wait for the foot to heal, I guess. Or "heel". [laugh]

dwarven1 said:
Just picked up my SECOND set of custom orthotics - I think the first set was contributing to the problem. [rolleyes] It's getting better... slowly. But as the footpegs sit right under the arch, and that's where some of the pain is... I'd rather not ride for a while.

If I could find floorboards for a 20 year old beemer that only sold 4000 units, I'd go for them; I suspect that they'd help. But I've looked for years and never seen any, so...

Just have to be patient and wait for the foot to heal, I guess. Or "heel". [laugh]

How about some moto-x boots with a stiff sole? Wouldn't that accomplisht he same thing?

Emoto said:
How about some moto-x boots with a stiff sole? Wouldn't that accomplisht he same thing?

Hmm. Interesting thought. I'll have to head up to the MotoMarket open house this Saturday and see what boots they have in my size (9-extra fat).

Thanks for the idea.

Try calling Bob's BMW down DC way. They used to do a fair amount of older bike parts. Googling only brought up Oilhead (ugh!) stuff. Oilheads are why I quit riding BMW's. You've seen me on the last good bike (K75S) the company ever made. That and the Airheads.

Back
Top Bottom