• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

what do you all think about plastering your vehicle with pro-gun stickers?

Also a no. Furthermore don't keep your registration in your glove box. In the event your car is broken into, the thief now knows that you aren't home, and what your address is.

I used to keep my registration in my wallet for many years. When I got married and we started driving each others vehicles and then the kids were driving our cars I got away from that.

After seeing a video of an out of state guy who was pulled over on a bridge in Baltimore have his car torn about by cops who stopped him on an infraction. He had gun stickers and the cop asked if he had a gun. He didn’t and said so. The cop then asked his wife if he had a gun and she said yes because back home he carried. I may be fuzzy on some details of this incident but it was enough for me to no longer put stickers on my vehicles. My Harbor Freight tool box is a different matter. Concealed means concealed.

Also a no. Furthermore don't keep your registration in your glove box. In the event your car is broken into, the thief now knows that you aren't home, and what your address is.
He knows who isn’t home? Let them come to my house and they would end up on the FAFO thread.

Living in Claremont, NH where lots of people work at the Ruger plant in Newport, I see lots of trucks with that Ruger bird, eagle sticker on em. It's one of those things that a non gun person wouldn't identify as a gun logo. It's weird because I had one before I moved here.

while I don’t have gun Stickers or political stickers on my truck I’ve been more vocal about guns, and conservative anti culture in public places

If a liberal is Gonna judge me it’s gonna be face to face, uncomfortable and awkward for them

On one side you get the chronic bumper sticker'ers. Invariably, they show they are just too sold out to whatever cause that is, be it Biden/Harris2020 or Gunz or. . . . the one I saw yesterday, the Monkees. Yes, plastered with all sorts of Monkee related bumper stickers and such. The Monkees! ?????

The other side- the De-Badgers. "I'm gonna take off every plate on my car to have smooth lines."

Me? I can't think less of my car. I just don't care. And I don't care if you care what I like or don't like. LOL

The frickin Monkees. We're talking 5 decades later. Get over it, Marge! Davey Jones is not coming over to rub your feet.

On one side you get the chronic bumper sticker'ers. Invariably, they show they are just too sold out to whatever cause that is, be it Biden/Harris2020 or Gunz or. . . . the one I saw yesterday, the Monkees. Yes, plastered with all sorts of Monkee related bumper stickers and such. The Monkees! ?????

The other side- the De-Badgers. "I'm gonna take off every plate on my car to have smooth lines."

Me? I can't think less of my car. I just don't care. And I don't care if you care what I like or don't like. LOL

The frickin Monkees. We're talking 5 decades later. Get over it, Marge! Davey Jones is not coming over to rub your feet.
I like the debadged front grill that retains the mounting pad myself. [rofl]

I've gone back and forth on this. I peeled off my NRA sticker years ago and went bare. Then I added some stickers. Then I peeled them off. Then I put some on and the cycle continued.

Right now I have a Sig sticker on my back window however I am probably going to peel that off. Not because it is a gun sticker because I don't care for some of the sh!t Sig has done in the last 18 months and I don't want to give them free advertisement.

One thing that will always remain on my vehicle is a US Flag sticker.

what do you all think about plastering your vehicle with pro-gun stickers?​

I think anyone doing that is a complete and utter dumbass in today's reality.

Besides the obligatory NH and ME stickers I have the molon labe and 556. Only gun people seem to know what they mean. One lady pointed at the molon labe and asked me what branch of the military I was in. I replied the Italian navy. She thought that was so great. Bless her dumb little heart. The 556 has led to more than a couple of good friendships over the years. Solid people you can trust. I'll keep mine.

I'll keep gun stickers off of my truck if you keep Yeti stickers off of yours.

I understand you are proud of your cooler, but let's get real: Bigfoot is WAY cooler than the Yeti.

I have a "7.62" sticker on one of my cars - the style is like the marathon runners put on their cars "26.2"- oval black and white... you know the kind. So when asked I say 7.62 is a "dozen kilometers" running distance in Europe and is very popular. Folks go for it every single time.

I had some stickers on a couple of my trucks in the past. When I picked up the new truck in 2019 I decided to not do that anymore. Right now, the windows, and rest of the body, is sticker free. I even removed the dealership sticker from the tailgate. At this point, I can't see adding any 2A stickers to any vehicle. IMO, not standing out from the rest of the vehicles makes more sense. That way, people have no idea if you're carrying or not.

If you attend a “gun free zone” event and you park in the lot with all your pro gun stickers on your vehicle. Where are you going to keep your gun? The criminals know where.

i think the consensus was no, don't do it. the only reason i ask was i was behind a new-ish chevy pu this morning and his entire rear window was covered. you know, "god, guns...," "come and take it", that kind of thing. the truck was dressed in some corporate livery design but i couldn't get a glimpse of who or what. i'm in total support of his 2a opinion but damn, looking for trouble i think. man, i'd be afraid some anti would voice their opinion beating on my truck.
In

As I see it, we all can be buttholes from time to time. In my 35 years on the road, my personal observation is that people with large vehicles (and Audis) sometimes feel entitled to use them to express their dissatisfaction or impatience or superiority. When someone does that to me, I make a snap judgement about that person's character, education, breeding, and hygene. I'm sure people make the same judgements about me when I am not behaving behind the wheel in a way that they approve of. Add up too many of these and it becomes a stereotype (Audi drivers for example). Virtue signaling your pet cause, be it Brandon, witchcraft, or Glock perfection, lumps your cause in with your behavior. In addition to theft, keying, harrassment by law enforcement and all the other great reasons against stickers mentioned here, I choose not to plaster my car with gun stickers because I don't want to add to a negative sterotype of gun owners if I am having a bad day behind the wheel.

If I'm being a butthole in a unmarked car, people just call me a butthole. If I'm a butthole with a Glock sticker, I'm a butthole gun nut.

Actually come to think of it, that would be a great bumper sticker: Unmarked @sshole!

Last edited:
In my opinion, for what it's worth, the less strangers know about you the better.

Back
Top Bottom