Calling Henry fans

kalash

NES Member
This pic was sent to me and described as a .357 Golden Boy. As far as I can tell it's either one or the other - either a .357 Big Boy or a .22 Golden Boy. Is there any way to tell which it is from this one picture? Allegedly it's some sort of special edition, if that changes things.

Attach36617_20180908_134635~01.jpg

i'd say .357 big boy in your photo, and here's why i say that. the .357's i've seen have 2 blue screws on the receiver in the position yours are in. the .22 golden boys have 2 gold color screws. ones positioned at the lever pivot and the other forward of the receiver. let me see if i can find a photo real quick. ok, here's a golden boy from henrys website. disclaimer, i'm confident but i could be wrong!
H004-Golden-Boy-hero-1.jpg

the pic in OP is definitely not a 22lr model. the bolt and extractor are from a big boy. i wouldn't be able to tell if 44, 357, 327 etc. but it's definitely a one of the revolver chamberings which is what i believe they call "big boy".

all this being said, don't pass up the 45-70 model. it's the most fun one to shoot. def my favorite.

It's got to be a big boy based on the tube. And like already mentioned, just a standard big boy classic without any engraving. Just below the sight there is printing that should say the caliber, I can't see it well enough in that photo though.

It does appear to be the .357/.38 version, great prize! I have one and love it! Consider picking up the oversized lever loop, makes a difference. Also, you will find our right away that it performs a bit better with.357 than with 38s, imho, enjoy!

I should clarify - I'm expecting him to keep the gun! He lives in NYC (which is presenting its own problems with regards to his raffle victory but that's a separate topic) but has a place in PA where he's mentioned he wants to keep a gun. If he decides that he doesn't want it, I'll certainly take it off his hands - I've wanted a .357 lever gun for a long time [bow] Ironically, this might be one time where having a liberal in the family works in my favor - maybe his leftie DIL will threaten not to bring his granddaughter to the house if there's a gun there and then I get the Henry![rofl]

Guy's a riot - his favorite hobby is trolling libs. He has an NRA membership even though he doesn't own any guns just to piss off antis. Wears a Trump hat just to annoy NYC progressives. His liberal in-laws barely speak to him nowadays [rofl] Anyways...

My son loves his Henry Golden Boy youth!
What a blast shooting it along with my Ruger Single Ten!

Last edited:
It was. He was so surprised when he received it.
I can't wait to transfer it to him when he is old enough.
Another 2nd amendment advocate in the making!
Good vs evil!

During the great 2000's 22lr ammo shortage.
We shot 22 Shorts, 22 Longs and what 22LR we could find through it.
It holds like a zillion 22 Shorts in it!

R_Wilson that is so cool!
My kid was so interested in 1800's guns when he got his!
It was awesome seeing him work the action!
Copper plated bullets worked best!

Back
Top Bottom