Can I shoot a bolt action?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in all fairness, jose, with shooters of equal talent, the match rifle will nearly ALWAYS win.

AR's (service rifle config) are limited to .223, post/aperature, shorter sight radius, and ergonomics that arent perfect for everyone.

match rifles are usually chambered in calibers FAR superior for long range shooting (ie 6BR/6XC), $800 gehmann/anshutz sights, and stocks that are custom tailored to the shooter (and you're allowed those bigass slings!)

can a service rifle beat a match rifle? oh hell yes. the SR shooter typically has to work a bit harder at it though

(FWIW, i shoot a service rifle)

one of these days i'm gonna stop by one of these appleseed. i've got a CLE .22 upper for my service rifle that'll take the rocks off a squirrel @ 50yards.

AR-based match rifles have been on the scene for at least the last ten to twelve years and they have been getting hosed too.

GUYS!!!

Please take this to another thread, OK? I'm thinking debating ARs vs bolt actions would belong in Firearms, NOT Appleseed Rifle Training unless you're talking about whether or not they're suitable for APPLESEED SHOOTS.

The kind of rifles that work well for Highpower Rifle competition is highly correlated to the kinds of rifles that work well for an Appleseed.

Why do you not know that?

Jose,

I've been reading your posts for years (not only here) and it's plain as day you know what you're about at an extremely high level. The bolt shooting videos were cool and encouraging to people thinking about bringing bolt rifles. But then it veered off into something else and Appleseed tends to frown on "my rifle beats your rifle" for a long list of reasons.

On average, over half the people who come to Appleseed can't put three rounds in a 20MOA target from prone first thing Saturday morning before we start showing them the basics. Whatever rifle they brought, it's the least of their problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom