Carrying an air rifle on a bike

Hello. I had a quick question about if it is OK to transport an air rifle on a bicycle in MA while going to a shooting range or rabbit hunting area. Also, if one of the routes goes through a school zone, are there any issues with that? Does the air rifle have to be in a locked case, or is a slip case alright? Thanks.

Hello. I had a quick question about if it is OK to transport an air rifle on a bicycle in MA while going to a shooting range or rabbit hunting area. Also, if one of the routes goes through a school zone, are there any issues with that? Does the air rifle have to be in a locked case, or is a slip case alright? Thanks.
What do you think the average suburban housewife will do if she drives by and sees you carrying a rifle on your bicycle?

Nothing good will come from this. Don't do it.

Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is wise to do so.

Welcome!

Go check in and then go green.

What do you think the average suburban housewife will do if she drives by and sees you carrying a rifle on your bicycle?

Nothing good will come from this. Don't do it.

Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is wise to do so.
The flip side to that is don't pander. I'm on both sides

Back in the late 70' and all thru the 80's , I used to ride my bicycle, with either a double barrel 12, going for ducks, or a blackpowder for some tin can plinkin.
Not just a little, pretty much the entire season, No one had any problem with it. Maybe once a cop rolled by, same direction, rolled his window down and asked , "got a license?", answered , Yup, and pointed to my chest with a pinned on hunting license. Typical SOP. Reasoning for a bicycle for me was, beats walking, and has a level of discreet. Also many, mostly had hip boots or waders on too. Wood ducks are fast and tasty!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom